2011-12 pilot buzz thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Temis the Vorta, Apr 20, 2011.

1. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

there is a new team at NBC right? 91.6%!!! if there isnt, its in serious trouble.

2. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    There are new people in charge at NBC, ABC, and the CW.

3. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

The problem with CW new team is they had limited say in this falls lineup and won't see real change until pilot season 2012.

4. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

well that is good to hear.

I know not every show is a hit, but 90%+ fail rate, is unforgivable.

5. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

They partially maneuvered their way through that limitation by picking Ringer up from CBS' development slate. If The Secret Circle and Ringer both perform well then the new team will be in a good position to dump a lot of the under-performing soaps and develop new shows to replace them in 2012/2013.

6. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

It builds on itself though, it's hard for a show to get a good start if no one is watching the lead-in and no one watched any of the advertising for it on the network.

7. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

As expected, the CW has officially picked up Ringer, The Secret Circle, and Hart of Dixie.

8. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

fair enough,if its that which is the problem and not the shows themselves, why keep the older and normally more expensive shows, and cut the cheaper newer ones.

That said NBC doesnt not have that many "old" shows left outside of L&O: SVU.

9. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

At least two and maybe all three of the new heads are from cable - and that in itself carries risks. Broadcast's financial model isn't the same as cable's, so maybe the shows can't be either. But I have a feeling this season will be the test.

10. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

And with 'Nikita' renewed it will be interesting...if you watch the CW. :rommie:

11. Temis the Vorta

AMC: Nothing for us, please.

I hadn't even paid attention to their pilots in contention. Too bad they didn't pick up Voyage, but at least it's not totally dead. I wonder if this might make it more likely they'd pick up Locke & Key from FOX? It's perfect for them!

12. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Variety is reporting that part of the issue for AMC is their schedule is getting full and they don't have space for a bunch of new shows. But hopefully after retooling The Voyage can be ready to go when Mad Men or Breaking Bad ends.

I doubt AMC would consider picking up Locke & Key. They're way too selective about their shows to pick up a rejected show from another network.

13. Temis the Vorta

From what I've heard, Locke & Key is very good but it's problem is that it's too complex and scary for broadcast. What works on cable won't necessarily survive on broadcast. I'd hate to contemplate Mad Men's fate on broadcast - instant cancellation fodder.

14. Temis the Vorta

Well it's all over now. It was fun, let's see the results in the fall. This crop looks a whole lot better than last year's, that's for sure!