Seven Of Nine/Jeri Ryan Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Jetfire, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Killandra

Killandra Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I read in an interview somewhere awhile back where she thought about it and then woke up screaming, lol

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Jeri Ryan is AWESOME! & Seven Of Nine is the shiz! :p

Forgive me VOY MODs. ;)

[edit] Actually one of my Seven Of Nine vidz is no longer available thanks to YT...it blocked most of my vidz so I deleted my channel. :(

3. Killandra

Killandra Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Aww, that's sad. :( I woulda loved to see them. Anyone follow Jeri on twitter or google+? She's a hoot!

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I might try and do more in the future if I get VOY on DVD. I followed Jeri on Twitter when I was on there...she was great. :)

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxb40obfjg8[/yt]

Seven of Nine - "Don't let me go..."

Just found it. :)

5. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thank the creators for Seven.
    With Data now dead, she's the only one in the TRek universe that comes close to replacing him.

6. CaptainMatt

CaptainMatt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I liked Seven as far back as when she first appeared on Voyager, right up to the end of the series. I was, however, ot sure about using her as a sex symbol (ie "the borg babe" description as used by TPTB at the time) and thought it was silly for her to make the male crewmen (Harry) lust after her. I have some weird memories of that period, too, but at least it calmed down somewhat.

7. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Make him lust after her? Did the Borg adapt pheromones for assimilation? I thought it was a funny scene, it made her come across both alien to human behavior, as well as awesomely sexy. It's always seemed a shame that the show was so determined to humanise her.

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Visiting the TBBS wayyy back; http://web.archive.org/web/20010413174227/http://trekbbs.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/004223.html

There was 'The Joy Of Seven' thread by Captain 8:53 and these were some great questions...
    I should have added something like this to my OP here. :alienblush: But we can all still play now. :D

I am fixing dinner but when I have time I will be back and edit in my answers. :bolian:

[edit] Number 6 really doesn't apply now with the finale done and over...but you can still post what you envision Seven Of Nine doing in the future beyond 'Endgame'. ;)

[add] okay...
    1) She is AWESOME!!! :D :adore:
    2) All of them except when she is kissing Kim or Chuckles. :p
    3) This vid has alot; Memorable Seven of Nine Moments...I can't pick just one. ;)
    4) Drone
    5) First EMH, second Janeway & third Tuvok.
    6) I would like to see Captain Annika Hansen finish off the Borg. :evil:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012
  9. CaptainMatt

CaptainMatt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe I was presumptious because you know what, I like 7of9 too. I just think there has to be more to her than a sex symbol. Not that there is really anything all that wrong with that.

10. TenLubak

TenLubak Commander Red Shirt

I appeciate her huge tits. Other than that she was a better character than i expected. Even if she did only get the part because she was bragas girlfriend. She was a decent character, and the relationship between her and janeway was interesting. its a shame they played it safe with this show as a whole, they could have done alot more with SO Much. but they didnt. instead it was TNG 2.:guffaw:

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

:sigh: There has to be a more graceful way to say this... :lol:

12. aht8orange

aht8orange Ensign Newbie

lol That's the reason why I think she was brought onto the show but she ended up being a great character. She was my second favorite only to The Doctor. I really like the way she developed and too me she's in the same vein as Data, in that she was learning to be human. The only negative was that her nanaprobes became the solve-all for everything

13. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think it is only fair that there is a character with a larger bust as part of Trek universe.
    I mean I am sure there are some Trekkies there who have..er..large bust, so it is only fair that they have a character to relate to.
    And 7 of 9 is a very cool and interesting character, in more ways than once..and Jeri played her very well:bolian:

14. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

JRS I completely agree.

And now.. may have posted this before but the thread is full of new people so here is my favorite ever 7 of 9 video. I think it beautifully captures 7 of 9's struggles. Please watch it in HD as it really looks much better that way.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFO7sX6B7wI&list=LLFYs1aCmUieoKsPv1txPBBw&index=64&feature=plpp_video[/yt]

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Yeah that is a beautiful vid teacake. :bolian:

16. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Awesome video teacake...thanks! Seven of nine and Jeri Ryan are awesome!

17. voyagergrl3193

voyagergrl3193 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I must say that honestly when Voyager was on, I didn't like Seven at all. It was like she made the show I felt that the show wasn't made just for one person..the show was made for the whole cast! But now that I look back again at it, I kinda like Seven for her innocence. But I still can't stand the fact that she stole Chakotay away in the end! :mad:

I believe that Jeri Ryan recently had another baby..maybe a year ago or so? And hasn't aged one single bit! She's on a new show now.."Body of Proof" with Dana Delany on ABC I think. :) I like her character on the show too.

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I was gonna wait till Valentine's Day to post this...
    [​IMG]

:adore:

[edit] I am a bad fan...I keep forgetting Jeri's birthday is Feb 22nd. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2012
  19. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

OH wow GORGEOUS pic Jetfire, I LOVE IT.

20. Tina Lawton

Tina Lawton Commander Red Shirt

I wish I knew what kind of bra she used.