The Secret Life of an American Teenager = Worst Show Ever?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by bigdaddy, Jul 2, 2008.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I watched this last night, I watch all pilots of ABC Family Show, I love Greek and Kyle XY.

This is the worst show I have seen in many years! It was a mess, the acting was a mess, the storylines were a mess and a bore. I was 15 not too long ago and that was so over the top.

EVERY conversation on the show.
    "I want sex."
    "I have lots of sex because my dad was a freak."
    "I want more sex."
    "I want sex but I'm a Christian."
    "I'm a Christian we don't have sex until we are 35".

I would have liked one minute of the show to not be about sex! My god it was just awful.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, i like shows where they just do it. And then everything goes to hell.

3. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why would anyone possibly think otherwise?

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

The official Worst TV Show of All Time remains: Pink Lady and Jeff.

5. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed it. But, I hated Kyle XY and Greek, so we obviously have different tastes.

6. bigdaddy

Exactly! :)

I understand that the main character obviously has to talk about the sex, that's a duh, but there wasn't a single moment in the show that didn't! Yes they are supposed to be 15 and yes everyone likes sex, but come on. Could it be anymore over the top?

And Greek is one of the best shows in years, it almost has a "Freaks and Geeks" vibe to it. I love it.

7. Similitude

Similitude Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is just what the youth of America needs. Far right view points shoved down their throat in a horribly acted "film." Hmmm no thanks.

8. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Can this really be worse than Muscle, The Mullets or Homeboys in Outer Space?

9. bigdaddy

I heard the commercial for the show after watching it, it's done by someone from 7th Heaven, so yeah, it has to suck. They have crazy Christians, which in real life I H-A-T-E, but on the show they are so over the top that I can't even hate them, they are just annoying.

The cast of the show seems rather large to me, and ALL of them ONLY talked about sex the whole damn show!

Truly terrible, makes Stargate look like an Emmy winner.

10. Luke Lightsaber

Luke Lightsaber Captain

Every show on the Travel Channel is just horrible

11. bigdaddy

Worst written show ever. ;)

12. AuGraux

AuGraux Cadet Newbie

Anyone notice that not a one of these kids actually seems to be focused on their lives or future? When I was 15, a lot of my classmates (and myself) loved to talk about ideas we had for where we wanted to go to college, what careers we wanted, etc. These kids? Well, I seem to remember some passing references Grace has made about going to medical school, but otherwise if it's not about who's having sex with who or who's having a baby, no one cares.

Ben is the worst offender. His entire purpose on the show now is to pine obsessively over Amy. We've never even been given reason for why he's so in love with her, other than that she's the first girl he decided to ask out on a whim (at the time because he just wanted to have sex anyway). But seriously, he's not funny or sad anymore. He's gotten completely creepy at this point. If I knew a guy who was like that in real life, he would have been handed a restraining order long ago. If he were my friend, we would have had an intervention and gotten his parents involved.

13. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Any show that would have Bristol Palin on as a guest deserves to go down in history as the worst thing ever.

14. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

This show was supposed to be called The Sex Life of the American Teenager, but it had to be changed.

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or Cop Rock?

(Actually that show was so bad it was awesome. Look! A cop show that's also a musical! :guffaw: )

16. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Don't forget BLACK SCORPION . . . .

17. FormerLurker

FormerLurker Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm waiting for a character on a TV show to announce they're pregnant, and when the idiot asks, "How did that happen?" they respond, "Here, I'll demonstrate," and they see how far they can take it until they get censored.

18. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

a.k.a. What Was Steven Bochco Smoking?

And don't forget Turn-On, the free-form comedy show that was supposed to be ABC's answer to NBC's Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In. Turn-On turned millions of viewers off, and it was canceled after one episode.

19. ToddPence

ToddPence Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've never seen the show, but I'm sure it couldn't possibly be any worse than "The War at Home", or every reality series ever made.

20. BrotherBenny

BrotherBenny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My wife is an avid viewer of TSLOTAT and I just tune it out as my desk is in the lounge and I'm generally on the computer. It is the worst show on TV, and my wife freely acknowledges that, yet she still watches it religiously every week...Thankfully it should be over soon, at least until the next season...

Tune in next week to see who has sex with whom, why they don't, why they do, if they will and if they won't. Eugh!!!!