Netflix Instant Queue Wiped Out

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Amaris, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

So I check my Netflix Instant Queue this morning and I find two things:

1] That TV series seasons are now all grouped together.
    2] That my 400+ movies and TV shows are now wiped out, leaving only 12 seemingly random titles.

I have yet to call Netflix, but I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Edit: They've now re-appeared, and I tried to call Netflix but had a 20 minute wait. A 20 minute wait early in the morning? I'm betting I'm not the only one with the issue. So the titles are back, and they've still grouped entire series' seasons together, so just as an example, now it's not 3 seasons of Avatar with 18-20 episodes each, it's one monolithic block of Avatar with 54 episodes. I don't think I like that.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  2. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We noticed that they are now grouping all TV seasons together. In a way, it makes sense, but if you're watching a show that has seasons that have not yet been released, it might make it more difficult to know when they are available on Instant Queue, just by checking Netflix.

On the other hand, I just started watching 30 Rock and I did find it annoying that I had to add all of the seasons to my Instant Queue. Not the end of the world, mind you, but a minor annoyance all the same.

3. Amaris

I don't know what they're doing. Normally I'm quite satisfied with Netflix, but lately, they've been changing up a few things. One thing is that my Roku box despises Netflix, because either Roku or Netflix can't get the coding down right and so I get buffering, skipping, restarting, rebuffering, poor quality on my connection even though the connection itself is more than enough (and plays on my PC without a hitch).

It also doesn't help that Netflix doesn't have an official forum. I have to glean what's going on from a dozen sources that may or may not know anything about what's going on. I still don't know what caused my movies to disappear, and now I'm concerned that it can happen again, and be permanent next time.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

They should have...

Add season
    Add show / series

That would help.

5. Amaris

^ See, now that makes sense, and would be very simple to implement.

6. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

My Instant Watch queue appears to be fine. Thank God, because I was all set to start sobbing hysterically and ripping out large pieces of skin from my face.

I don't handle change very well.

7. Amaris

:lol:

They must have fixed it quickly, because I had been on the line waiting behind god knows how many other people when my queue cleared and showed my list as 434 titles again.

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Same here. Though mine is so large it might have been better to have had to start over. :)

9. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

My queue is still there, and my seasons are still listed as separate discs. I wonder if this is something they are trying on just some accounts?

10. Amaris

How many do you have, if I may ask? I'm trying to figure out the upper limit on the queue.

Mine went back to normal around 5:30 AM (EDT), so I'm hoping everyone else's queue is back to normal.
    As for the seasons/series thing, that's the odd part. Series' like Avatar and Quantum Leap are consolidated, while Married With Children, A-Team, Monk, Roseanne and Seaquest are not.

11. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^450, I think it will take me about 10 lifetimes to get through it...

12. Amaris

I'm pretty close with 434. I was told by someone (I forget who) that it goes up to 500. I'd test it by adding a bunch of movies, but then deleting titles is a very slow and painstaking process. The reason I'm curious is that next month, a whole bunch of great shows are coming down the line (the CBS releases), and I want to have room.

13. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mine shows X-Files seasons 1-3 separately, but all of Farscape is grouped together. When I click on Farscape, the page has separate tabs for each season, which is a pretty good way of doing it. There's also a button to switch between "Streaming Episodes" and "Episodes on Disc".

14. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

My queue is exactly the same... maybe mine is getting changed over later today.

15. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I had my queue disappear once, after I put my account on hold for about 90 days. I freaked, like it was 500 movies.

I called. It was all there. Must've been some computer issue (duh) and within moments I could see it again.

16. KB24

KB24 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Off the top of my head I want to ask, does anyone see a correlation with the grouping of shows and the Fox/Whedon material that is leaving April 1? Maybe they are trying something in preparation with all the CBS shows that are forthcoming?

Our Roku gets twitchy from time to time, too. My husband was thinking of upgrading, or reducing our Netflix discs and adding Hulu Plus. I do wish you were able to have separate IW queues for a household- I think that was something supposedly forthcoming. However, I wish you could have television programs and movies divided, too.

17. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure what to make of the tv show consolidations. It saves a lot of space, but it also makes it more difficult to notice when new seasons are available. I suppose it's possible that they might be limiting the consolidations to situations in which all seasons have been released and are available via streaming...?

18. KB24

KB24 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Now my Instant Watch and or Roku is giving me trouble. Saying internal error and content not available. Hmph.

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I think they must be doing something with it. The instant watch on my PS3 hasn't been working all night (which is really annoying because my night's plans kind of revolved around it).

20. Amaris

I'm getting everything just fine. They may have fixed it by this point.