Tom Hardy for Batman 3?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captaindemotion, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

While there has been lots of speculation about Joseph Gordon-Levitt reteaming with his Inception director Chris Nolan for the next Batmovie, it seems that another one of that movie's co-stars will be visiting Gotham City.

Tom Hardy, who has recovered nicely from Star Trek Nemesis and whose Mad Max role appears to have been delayed is supposedly joining the cast. No word on his role but it's probably safe to say he's a villain. Or an even-older-than-Chris-O'Donnell-Robin!

Details here:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=70690

The original story was here:

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/tom-hardy-reunited-with-inception-helmer-chris-nolan-on-batman/

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  2. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

You beat me to the punch, Captaindemotion. I will now spend the remainder of my day sitting in my corner weeping uncontrollably.

Anyway, Tom Hardy did a great job in Inception, so no surprise Nolan would want to reteam with him for Batman 3. I do wonder what role he'll play.

3. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

nukethefridge.com is speculating that he will play Riddler.

4. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope that William Fichtner returns. His face was just way too recognizable to just play a bank manager in the first 5 minutes of the Dark Knight.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like this casting choice, Tom was fantasticly funny in "Inception" and brilliant in "Rock 'n' Rolla".

6. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I knew it! I was certain he'd show up in the third movie after his stint in Inception. Very talented up and comer and was great in Bronson. And with the delayed production of Mad Max, it all works out. Although Riddler would be cool I still envision somebody like Crispin Glover or Jude Law playing Nigma. Hardy would be interesting though. Maybe he'll just be Ducards brother exacting revenge.

7. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

With the delay of production on the new Mad Max films, I thought WB might sign him up to play Lex Luthor in the upcoming Snyder/Nolan Superman film, but it looks like he's headed to Nolan's next Batman film instead.

8. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Good. That makes me indescribably happy.

He did indeed. He's becoming one of those scene-stealing actors, who really adds to any movie he's in. Can't say I would have predicted it from Nemesis but it's nice to see he's gotten over what could have been a fatal blow to his career. As to who he could play, the thing is, he has the ability to play smart, like The Riddler, or physical, like Deadshot or Bane.

9. byron lomax

byron lomax Commander Red Shirt

This is good news. Great to hear his career is on the upswing (after the false start of Nemesis) and that casting of B3 is going ahead.

Obviously there's gonna be tons of speculation as to his role. He could be the Riddle, but given his appearance in Bronson he could be Bane for all we know.

10. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Azrael!!!!

11. JacksonArcher

Hardy is a wonderfully versatile actor, and his physical transformation in Bronson was really indicative of his ability to be a chameleon in any role that he does. Which is probably why Nolan likes him. I was actually thinking that Hardy would be suited for Lex Luthor in Zack Snyder and Chris Nolan's planned Superman reboot, but I guess he's heading to Gotham City instead.

12. JacksonArcher

I know who Hardy will be playing!

[​IMG]

13. Azrael

Azrael Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What!?

14. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Good. Hardy was great in Inception and the best thing in Nemesis.

15. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't care for him in Nemesis (mainly because I could never buy as a clone of Picard), but I thought he was terrific in Inception. And given Nolan's penchant for reusing actors, this is hardly surprising. I think Joseph Gordon-Levitt would be much better for the Riddler, though.

16. JacksonArcher

I'm hearing he's Deadshot.

17. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think he'd make a great Black Mask.

18. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

I could see that. I'd hate it if they didn't adapt Marshall Rogers' wonderful costume design for him, though. And considering that Nolan chose to interpret the Scarecrow as "guy with a burlap sack over his head" and the Joker as "Heath Ledger dressed up as the Crow for Halloween", I know they wouldn't.

19. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

That is exactly the down to earth approach I love about the Nolan movies. These overstyled supervillains have no place here.

20. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Take this with a huge grain of salt given his track record, but Mark Millar claims that Hardy will be playing Killer Croc.