Prison Break 4x01 "Scylla" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Aug 31, 2008.

?

Grade the Episode

1. Excellent

6.7%
  2. Good

80.0%
  3. Average

6.7%
  4. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Terrible

6.7%
  1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

PB is part of Fox's clever master plan to make 24 look good by comparison when it finally returns. ;)

Looks like this will be PB's last season (and the story can't stand to be stretched any further anyway):

PI Feedback PB Ratings.

Fox has some decent shows in its fall lineup; unlike NBC, it won't be desperate enough to hang onto a show that's hovering around 7M.

2. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I feel kind of silly being the only one to rate it 'Excellent'. Perhaps my opinion was exaggerated due to watching it in glorious HD for the first time! :D

3. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i am surprised no one mentioned things like T-Bag eating a person ("You had some bad Mexican?"), or a nod to continuity (i.e. Michael Schofield having a sham-but-not-yet-dissolved-marraige from 1st season), or Bellick being an extreme Mama's boy!

Also, just so you know, I have a poll asking who you think will die this season , based on the Scylla thing they were pounding us over the head with.

4. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Above average (I don't want to call it 'good'). There were reminiscent feelings of Season 1 in these two episodes. But am I the only one who felt the dialogs were terribly low?

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I thought this was a good start to a new season. Now that they're filming in LA the show looks like a Bruckheimer movie! I think this new concept, working for the gov to expose the Company, is the logical progression of the story (and indeed what I suggested they should do at the end of last season!) that avoids being repetitive. I've always like Michael Rappaport from back in Boston Public, so him being the good guy ally was a treat.

The ressurection of Sarah... I'm okay with it I guess. I was pissed at the abrupt death of Whistler and Gretchen as they were good villains to have us focus on for this (final?) year. So while I'm glad Gretchen is alive, it sucks Whistler died before we really learned what was up with him. Oh, and the new Company assassin is just awful. I dunno if its the actor or what but he was just completely uninteresting and just looked bored and in a bad way.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

As for Season Three, I definitely enjoyed it. Of course I've always liked the show. You just have to take it with a grain of salt, like 24. It's not real-world ;) S1 is the best season overall, but every year has its high points. S2 was nice to see them out and running across America. S3 was nice because they were back in prison, BUT WITH A TWIST! :p, where the inmates run the prison and the guards just keep the perimeter locked up. And since it was only what 13 episodes, it was short and sweet with very little stringing out (like in S1 when they break out only to find a new pipe in the way, lol).