Green Arrow (CW)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed that episode quite a lot! I grinned when Ollie shot three arrows!

2. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

His Costner moment.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Its been so long since I have seen that movie I do not remember him doing that.

The other day for some reason I checked to see what Smallville reruns would be airing soon. The one which showed Oliver's origin aired yesterday so I DVRed it. I was never that impressed with it before but after Arrow its really pathetic. He was on the Island in that version for 2 years. Yet his hair does not grow an inch and he has a day's worth of facial hair.

I remember Hartley said if he was given more noticed he would have grown a full beard. But even than the Producers could have given him a wig and fake beard. Until he said he was on the island for 2 years, I would have thought he was on it a few months at most! The brief Archery montage feels like days. There is no sense of passage of time.

4. DeadmeatDiggory

DeadmeatDiggory Commander Red Shirt

I think Ollie's beard is FINALLY starting to grow in.

5. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Last night was my favorite episode of the last three. Hopefully they are back on track.

6. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Well, actually, Costner only shot two arrows simultaneously in "Prince of Thieves", but both arrows hit their respective target.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  7. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Island stuff good. Shado is awesome.

Diggle and Smoak were great...but it felt lacking over all. I really don't care for Tommy.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really enjoyed the episode. The stuff on the Island was good, and we got some pretty big developments with Tommy, and Diggle.

9. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Yeah, that was great. It also reminded me of this:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u5A0H6PkqE[/yt]

10. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Arrow returned with a really good episode. Two break-ups! I loved the tension that was building throughout, both between Ollie and Digg and Ollie and Tommy, and actually felt pretty sad for Tommy. He's been a good friend to Oliver, but I'm sure a dark path beckons.

J. August Richards was pretty cool as the assassin. It's a shame he died because I'd like to have seen more of him. I loved the fight in the Queen mansion.

The visit to the morgue in the police station was sick and I loved Thea and Roy's reactions to Laurel's dad poking the corpse with the arrow. I thought the motivation for Roy wanting to track down the vigilante was pretty cool too.

The island stuff was minimal but seems pretty important. Good cliffhanger.

11. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Also enjoyed how they set up Roy at the dock which was pretty cool. Not sure I liked the Digg situation at all but it will be only short term so thats not so bad.

12. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Last episode was pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of Roy, but he has potential. It took me about half the episode to figure out the assassain was J. August Richards, which is embarassing (since I really like Angel). He played a good role. The island stuff was decent, I'm wondering where its going to lead. Overall, another good week, although the Diggle stuff was a bit annoying.

13. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I am not sure the island stuff can lead anywhere. I mean we know at the end that he gets off the island. The rest is all training and torture(and now romance) and revenge. The fact that all the island stuff still maintains my interest says something good about the writing.

14. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Well, at some point I am guessing at least a few of the characters in the island flashbacks will turn up in the present day. So, there is that.

15. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I loved the moment on the stairs, "What happened to you on that island?" "You're about to find out." And the grin on Ollie's face.

16. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm wondering when he goes to "fairly well groomed shipwreck survivor with allies" to "hairy wildman in green clothes". I mean, he has to have been on the island for ahilw now, but he looks about the same. I'm wondering when he decides to go with the Tom Hanks "Castaway" style of island living :rommie:

The stuff has been interesting, I just wonder how long they can do it. I'm hoping GA gets more than just two seasons (I'm pretty sure its already had a season 2 confirmed) and I'm hoping they don't drag it out much longer than that if they end up getting more seasons than that.

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The island story can't have been longer than 2 or 3 weeks... Even though he was shot through the chest on the first day.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  18. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well...they could go the Lost route and do FLash FORWARDS in future episodes (with Arrow having a beard!). And if they need to - Flash-sideways --they bring in the sci-fi element of parallel universes with Justin Hartley .

Speaking of a Beard...wouldn't that be helpful as a "mask"?

19. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I think they will have flash forwards on the island. They almost have to.

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why?

Smallville went for ten years and Oliver was only on the island for 5.