Green Arrow (CW)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

With the development of a new Wonder Woman series called "Amazon", there is some talk of a crossover. Here's what executive producer Andrew Kreisberg says...

And here's what Stephen Amell says...

Read the article here.

2. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope the Amazon show doesn't depower Wonder Woman. A crossover would be nice, but I would rather have a Wonder Woman with superpowers and mythological allies and foes than go for the Arrow 'realism'. Without the magic, what's the point of doing a Wonder Woman show? CW already has Nikita. I don't see how a powerless Wonder Woman show is going to be that much different, or find someone as good with action as Maggie Q is.

3. DarKush

4. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

They could base it on the Wonder Woman stories of the seventies.

5. DarKush

^
    From what little I've heard about that, the powerless Wonder Woman wasn't well received. I know that Cathy Lee Crosby played that kind of Wonder Woman in a TV pilot, but it was the more traditional Lynda Carter Wonder Woman show that got produced.

I don't see how that powerless Wonder Woman would be much different than Nikita. Also, with Arrow taking a lot of the 'realistic' villains out there, by the time Wonder Woman got a show, a lot of them already would be used, or misused, by Arrow.

There's a lot of superpowered villains just sitting around, not being used at all. And there are bigger storylines that a superpowered Wonder Woman can do as opposed to a powerless one.

6. theenglish

I am just pointing out that there is already a comic book precedent for a Wonder Woman without super powers.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Manu Bennett (Spartacus' Crixus) has been cast as an unmasked Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke. Here's what CBR has to say:

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought that we decided that was a Checkmate Bishop because his mask was iridescent yellow and not orange?

9. DarKush

That's cool. I knew a little about that part of the Wonder Woman's history as well as the TV pilot. There is precedent, but at the same time history also shows that that approach wasn't well liked. That's not to say that a new take on that idea can't be successful. I just hope that the show doesn't go that route. Making Wonder Woman ordinary makes her less interesting. CW's already got one driven vigilante in Arrow and one kick ass female assassin in Nikita. That realistic approach for Wonder Woman just doesn't seem that imaginative.

10. theenglish

I agree with you. I kind of feel that this no powers rule will become as restrictive and as frustrating as the no flights/no tights rule from Smallville. I hope they reconsider.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I agree. I just don't see WW being that interesting without superpowers.

12. Guy Gardener

Powers are one thing, it's about origins. In the failed pilot, they were hinting that she was perhaps some sort of roided up science experiment, maybe not, but definitely not human.

If you don't have ancient gods awarding her powers, all you got is Buffy.

13. theenglish

But Buffy does get her powers from ancients gods, well demons.

14. Guy Gardener

Old Wizards.

I really felt let down that she didn't try drinking Vampire blood more after that outting with Dracula.

It totally supercharged her.

Hard to believe that we watched 7 years of Popeye without his spinach.

15. theenglish

Hey, I bet we get Guy Gardner, ex-cop on Arrow before too long.

16. Guy Gardener

I prefer that guy as a PE teacher, but then I think of Jordan most fondly as a door to door (children's) toy salesman.

17. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

That was in reference to Arrow, not WW.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, my mistake. I do wish they'd incorporate superpowers into Arrow though. I've been really enjoying it so far, but I think it would open up a lot of interesting possibilities if Ollie suddenly had to deal with superhuman heroes and villains popping up.

19. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

They may save that for mid life of the show. If it lasts more than 3 seasons.

20. Guy Gardener

There used to be a comic called Stormwatch and the principle was that soliderboys with the right training and the right (real world, real) weapons could take out any cape because they were a bunch of yahoos winging it.

It's nice when the good guy has to outthink a more powerful adversary.