The Star Trek Into Darkness teaser trailer is here!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by SalvorHardin, Dec 6, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

As soon as we find out whether it is Mitchell, Khan or Garth I'm going to rewatch the original eps/movie they were in until it's pulp. There will not be one nuance employed by Cumberbatch in homage to the original portrayal that will escape me.

2. northstar

northstar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Looks like a lot of action - but nothing in space. Has nothing to do with Star Trek, as far as I can see....

Only thumbs up is the big E raising out of the water.

3. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

It's only a sixty second or so trailer. They can't show everything. But given that there are starships and perhaps more than one alien world visited, I'm pretty sure there is some space travel in the movie, if not a space battle in there somewhere too.

4. Pondslider

Pondslider Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

First of all -- and most obviously -- it's a 1 minute teaser. I'm sure there will be a lot of time "in space." Second, how many episodes of the series spent significant time in space? In a lot of episodes the Enterprise was just a means of transporting the characters from place to another or a place to check in from the planet where the actual story was taking place. The point is its impossible to judge from 1 minute of scattered scenes.

5. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Hahaha I was watching Sherlock all night but now i'm going to rewatch Where No Man Has Gone Before, and Whom the Gods Destroy. I don't see a McGuivers and Benedict does look like a Khan.

6. Devon

Devon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Some of you guys can't decide what you want Star Trek to be! It's fine, I promise you that.

7. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    Only times we've had films that are as Earth-centric as this picture looks they've involved time travel.

Don't think it's necessarily a bad idea, because again, we've never had a film that dwelt much on what 23rd or 24th century Earth is actually like.

It's amazing that Abrams can put out a trailer of over a minute worth of footage, which prominently features Benedict Cumberbatch (in a manner keeping with the advertisements for the last two Batman films) and there can still be an argument as to who he is.

Hoping he's Mitchell or Garth mostly because that trailer does not sell me on the idea that he's Khan.

Yep (it's at the end).

It's an obvious visual quotation from Wrath of Khan, but I don't think they'll kill Spock off like that (even with Quinto's prevarication as to whether or not he's coming back for a third Star Trek feature).

But then again, given that the original film series already established a backdoor to bring Spock back if they change their mind...

8. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, you can make out the 17...
    Plus, does anyone really think they would waste that money shot on a ship other than the Enterprise?

9. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

That has to be Mitchell.

10. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Memory Alpha's article on Garth of Izar contains an interesting two words right next to each other in the introductory paragraph. Don't know if it's a recent addition, or if it's always been there.
    http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Garth_of_Izar

11. teacake

:eek:

Well my goodness, look at that!

12. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Hmm, that ship at the end of the trailer is either not the Enterprise, or she's been in the crusher for a bit and squished down vertically. The port nacelle also has some major damaged to the bussard collector.

And oh, yeah, That Japanese trailer? Totally WoK.

13. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Those nacelles and the struts don't look like the Enterprise at all

[​IMG]

14. teacake

It's a ship that Batchy stole and crashes into the bay.

15. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

the kirk and spock iconic hand salute, that is so very wrath of khan.I just hope Spock does not die in this film.

16. Bamarren

Bamarren Lieutenant Red Shirt

Just spotted that, and yes totally. Although maybe its been put in to completely arse with us.

17. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Kind of a kick in the teeth when the bad guy ships' profile matches the hero ship from the original series almost perfectly, and the "hero" ship doesn't :P

18. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

The Memory Alpha article I mentioned earlier is probably from an overenthusiastic fan. Before today, the term used in the article was "into madness".

19. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

Given the fact that Quinto has a three movie contract, they would have to resurrect him for XIII. I'm not sure if a remake of TSFS would be a wise idea, though.

20. teacake

Well that's a sweet hack :)