Sex & the gender gap

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by The Borgified Corpse, Aug 27, 2010.

1. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

i don't even have spare cash for water!

my hours got cut so i earn 18p more than my regular monthly outgoings. i'll be screwed come November and my next BT bill...

2. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

Sorry to hear that. That's hard! :( Hope you find a better job or at least more hours soon.

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ Same here. These are tough times. Good luck, cap.

"Pains in the ass." Same with the ones who think sexuality is sexism.

4. STR

STR Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Except, I stated that I wasn't bothered by the inequality, that was only secondarily related to my gripe. I was bothered by the lousy music.

I'm pro equality, but I barely give a crap since it doesn't directly relate to me. Getting Lady Gaga off the air would directly improve the quality of my life (albeit a little bit), so I do give a crap. Is that myopic? Probably, but I have a finite amount of crap to spread around, so like a broke farmer I'm gonna be strategic. Be happy that our interests converge on this subject and have a good day.

5. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

No, that he cleans a lot of pools.

6. Kirk's_Tights

Kirk's_Tights Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

When it comes to sex, guys are more easily enticed by it because they are visual creatures and any good looking chick will give them a boner. Hell, even if she is a butterface, some guys will still get a footlong.

Guys think with the head between their legs while women think with the head that consists of a brain.

7. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

It works out pretty well for us. :cool:

8. Angela 0077

Angela 0077 Captain

i think that all women are interested in sex but there is a limit in some cases.

I would prefer to meet a man get to know them than race into the bedroom and do it.
    Some men you meet can be nice to a extent then turn if they are not getting it.
    i also think you should stay away from sex for a couple of monthes and get to know the man and then decide

Women want to be treated with repect too
    I know there are women out there who will have one night stands but not in the case of all women.

9. visual_kiwi

visual_kiwi Ensign Newbie

YES. I'm the same! :)
    Ofcourse girls are interested sex too, but it differs from person to person.....

I hate guys who try to have sex with you on like the first date, and keep pushing you when you say no... However, one of my male friends has had the same experiance, where he wasn't ready but his girlfriend kept pushing him to have sex..

I've heard that guys are more gentically driven to spread their 'seed' to as many women as possible, so their genes have more chance of surviving, while women are more inclined to look for men who will be able to provide for and protect their children. Ofcourse that's being VERY general. But maybe it could explain why guys have more interest in sex generally than girls? (if they do) though ofcourse as many people have said before, individual differences are very great... Some of my female friends are exactly like the stereotypical male when it comes to sex.

Maybe also the fact that it's more culturally acceptable for men to be promiscious than women could be a reason why it may appear that women have less interest in sex than men.

10. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had that problem as well. Lost a girlfriend over it, in fact. :(

11. visual_kiwi

visual_kiwi Ensign Newbie

oh man that sucks sorry :(