Smallville Season 11, it"s happening...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ncc71877, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wasn't implying that you didn't know about Lucas and Julian...I guess I'm just disagreeing about the Luthor family reunion, unless Q is somehow able to incorporate it into Lex's regaining memories...I don't see a purpose for it right now. I would love to see Connor though. Now that Clark is a little more mature...it would be interesting to see what Connor has been doing over the last year or so. :)

Next week though...she's finally here....DIANA!!!

2. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Honestly I'm being kinda facetious about a full fledged reunion but... I think that it was a mistake for Al and Miles and-later on-Brian and Kelly to forget there was an extra Luthor heir out there. We go through all that drama at the end of the series about Lex and Tess and it's like Lionel had no other kids. I find it hard to believe that Lionel would just write off such a devious seed as Lucas. I mean he basically is the Luthor ideal and he's just forgotten.

Bullshit!

I think Lucas would make a neat speed bump in Lex's arc this season. He's busy trying to figure out his life again and then BOOM there's a baby brother who's more than willing to take his place as Metroplis's magnificent bastard!

Heck even if they skip it this season it might make a nice arc for Season 12.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  3. Admiral_Young

I think Season 12 would probably be a more appropriate place for such an arc. Lex has too much on his plate as it is right now! ;) Although I suppose I really shouldn't rule out anything...especially given what Q has already given us thus far in the first place!

4. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Haven't started reading 'Hollow' yet, but do either of you guys think that this could be leading up to them cloning Tess' dead body and somehow transferring her mind back into it? I mean what the hell, the Lex wandering around now isn't the original, right? Surely, one of Lex's facilities must've had some of Tess' genetic material stored somewhere.

I'm just sayin'...

:)

5. Admiral James Kirk

Honestly that never occurred to me! If they could clone Julian and Lex then why shouldn't they be able to clone Tess? Nice call, Pro! :)

6. Admiral_Young

Hmmm. The question would be though would they have any kind of moral issue with that? Lex we know doesn't. Unless of course they brought this option up to Tess and she gave them their approval. Clones aside from Connor...haven't fared too well in the Smallville'Verse to date IIRC. That is a fascinating point Proc brought up though.

7. Admiral James Kirk

Why would there be a moral issue? Just grow a clone with no memories. Don't even let it become conscious before uploading Tess into it. Just make it a gorgeous, flame haired slab of meat just waiting for it's brain! Sort of a sexy Frankenstein! ;)

8. Admiral_Young

Yeah. I guess you're right there wouldn't be any ethical or moral concerns. They would have to find a way to make sure the clone was stable though and didn't destablize or breakdown. They remind me of the Clone Wars clones. The few we've seen. If anyone could figure that out...it'd be Emil.

9. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Now that's exactly what I had in mind!

:devil:

Seriously, why wouldn't Tess want to have her body back? This, to me, seems to be a brilliant way to bring the character back, since the essence that made her what she was is safely preserved.

Thank you both for your support and kind comments. Let's see if Q comes up with the same idea.

:techman:

10. Admiral James Kirk

Actually I feel like a schmuckface for not thinking it up myself. ;) Here I was speculating on the possibility of more Julian Luthor clones and I never even think of there being any Lutessa Luthor clones out there.

11. Admiral_Young

I don't think this will be a permanent solution to her predicament. This is obviously just the first stage in ultimately bringing her back. I have no problem with the digital avatar interface. It seems like it was Emil coming up with a "quick fix" solution in order to extract her from Lex's conscience. Perhaps Q will come up with a cloned body...or who knows, an even better possibility that none of us are thinking of right now...but for now...I'm fine with this right now. Besides which...come on...nekkid Cas ;)

12. Admiral James Kirk

Hey, I'm all for that... but there's her complete and utter lack of nipplage to contend with! Without nipples Tess looks like she's wearing a red leotard! She needs nipples! :scream:

Come to think of it she appears to be missing a vagina too!

Anything else on the list of things we're never gonna see in this book? :confused:

13. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

I dunno, I thought for sure that Clark was bonin' Lois from behind in that shower scene!

:evil: :devil: :evil:

14. Admiral James Kirk

Well I was the first one to point that out! :D

15. Admiral_Young

This thread has devolved again. Maybe we would be better off with clones...by the way I'm not disagreeing at all with Proc's suggestion. All I said was that I'm fine with digital Tess. I'm still surprised with the work that Q has done with her in the first place as my reaction to her appearance all the way back in the first arc will attest to. Proc could be on to something here.

16. Admiral James Kirk

That's what J.M. DeMatteis and Tom Defalco said back in 1994. :p

17. Admiral_Young

*Shudders at reference*. You're evil.

18. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

All three of us are a bit off our rockers, I think. Good to have friends who think alike!

:lol:

I'm probably wrong about the whole Tess/clone thing, but to be honest, I'd rather see that than the return of other Luthor clones. Besides, how many casual readers of the comic will even remember the other lost Luthor siblings besides us?

However, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter whether I'm right about this or not. The book is great, better than so much of what we saw on the tube, and I really enjoy it. And reading the insightful comments by my two favorite admirals.

:bolian:

19. Admiral James Kirk

:devil::devil::devil:

20. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

And do you know how disappointed I was after reading your commentary to finally open the comic on the wife's S-Tab only to find he was just washing her hair?

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

I'm such a sick bastard!

:devil: