Alice Eve character identified? [possible spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Shilliam Watner, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Shilliam Watner

Shilliam Watner Commander

2. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe the title should be less spoilery?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
  3. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I've modified the title slightly.

4. Bishop76

Bishop76 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I do think that Eve is Marcus and I WANT to think that's the case, but this article has a few too many "unnamed sources" to convince me at this point. I'm sure it's true, but I need better confirmation.

5. Anji

Anji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Assisting in the birth of baby Horta on Janus VI
    I really, really hope she is Carol Marcus because I for sure would go see the film. The Kirk/Marcus relationship was played with so much passion (especially by Bibi Besch) I have always wanted to know what happened.

6. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I can more than live with her playing Carol if this is true. Carol's so much more weighty and important a role than Elizabeth Dehner in spite of my lifelong affection for the Sally Kellerman character.

Seeing how Kirk in this new timeline approaches having a relationship with Carol Marcus could prove to be very character-building for Chris Pine and open new doors William Shatner didn't get to explore beyond during his days as a more cavalier and romantically macho Jim Kirk and '60s-style "man of action."

7. Bishop76

Bishop76 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Great! Glad to see more Carol Marcus - especially in a capacity we haven't seen her in before. We got to see the post-relationship, now we get to see the pre-

8. Shilliam Watner

Good post Santa:techman:

9. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

The time is certainly right for their meeting, at least in the original timeline. She also was not a member of Starfleet though. I guess maybe that's changed if this is true.

10. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    David was born in 2261 in the Prime timeline, so the time frame is just about right if the new film takes place two or three years after the last one (2260 or thereabouts).

11. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

Just for laughs I checked Alice Eve's profile on Wikipedia and it reports she is playing Carol Marcus. Yes, I know anyone can edit it. I just found it more ironic than anything else.

12. Shilliam Watner

Well it has never been confirmed if she was ever in Starfleet when she was young. Some people join the service for a few years then get out to pursue their career. In WNMHGB, Mitchell did reference that, “little blonde lab tech I aimed at you.”

And Kirk, shocked, said, “I almost married her!”

That certainly does link Gary Mitchell with Carol Marcus.

13. Shilliam Watner

Well it's definitely confirmed now. Anthony Pascale from trekmovie just got back from the Bad Robot press conference and posted that she is indeed playing Carol Marcus.

http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/10/ali...terstory-details-revealed-at-bad-robot-visit/