Revisiting everything...

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Warped9, May 6, 2012.

1. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I've revisited quite a few shows of late. Star Trek TOS and TNG, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, The X-Files, JAG, The Six Million Dollar Man, Lost In Space, Space: 1999, The Saint, Mission: Impossible and presently I'm watching (for the very first time) The Prisoner and soon after I'll be getting into Kolchak:The Night Stalker (I've already watched the first two TV films that inspired the series).

I have a mental list of shows I'm thinking of revisiting. Hawaii Five-0 is a series I want to see again. I also want to see more of the Six Million Dollar Man (I've only recently seen Season 1). Others I'm interested in are Magnum, P.I., All In The Family, Barney Miller, Frasier, Secret Agent, The Avengers, Time Tunnel, The Man From U.N.C.L.E. and M*A*S*H.

Anything anyone else would like to see again?

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Are you having a mid-life crisis?

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

One of these days I'd like to do a XENA rewatch . . . .

4. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I'm celebrating the end of my undergraduate time with a rewatch of Caprica and Battlestar Galactica, as well as listening to commentary tracks after their respective episodes.

I'm also considering doing the same for The Wire, alongside reading The Wire: Truth Be Told.

5. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

For new shows I'm thinking of giving Game Of Thrones a try. Other than that the only new programs I'me watching are Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire. I kind of liked Pan Am, but it didn't last. I'm also curious about The Good Wife. I've also been catching up on Volume 6 of Futurama.

I don't have much interest in television anymore and the vast majority of what I see on TV just leaves me stone cold unimpressed.

6. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Have you done Dexter? My girlfriend and I just completed what was probably our third consecutive Dexter rewatch?

There's also at least four seasons of Leverage that worth rewatching.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  7. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't have the DVDs but because I've noticed it's on G4, I've been thinking about doing a Quantum Leap rewatch. It's been such a long time since I've seen that show I don't really remember how it ended.

8. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

The last week, I've been doing a nuBSG re-watch. Just started season 3.

Problem is, I never got season 4 (or 4.0 & 4.5, whatever it is).

Pretty soon I have to decide whether to get the DVD version of S4, or do the whole series in blu-ray.

9. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

maybe read a book instead of watching too much tv...

10. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I still do that, too.

11. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I would suggest trying some new/more recent shows, like Whitechapel, Luther, etc. BBCAmerica usually has something that catches my fancy. On American TV, there's Walking Dead, Dexter, Hell on Wheels, Justified...just a few shows that really capture my interest.

A little re-visiting is good now and then, but too much is not good. The brain needs new things to keep itself functioning properly.

12. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

I've revisited some of what I used to watch during my childhood and teens but that's run its course. I personally find it too soon to revisit anything after that partially because I don't feel like it and partially because my perspective is not going to be any different.

When it comes to older shows -- not so much old but no longer current -- I'm watching series I didn't watch when they were on if they're available on Netflix and I've heard good word-of-mouth. I first started doing with this Firefly, which I never saw, then went on to other series.

I'm currently working my way through The X-Files. I'm on the fourth season. Prior to this, I'd only seen the first movie when it was released in the theater and stray parts of random episodes here and there.

13. Saga

ah, what have you been reading lately?

14. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

The most recent thing I've read (having never read it before in all these years) was Burrough's Princess Of Mars. I wanted to read it before actually seeing the film John Carter. The book was good in its own way, but now very dated and simplistic in style. Still I saw potential in it which I think the film built on very well.

It may sound like blasphemy to some, but I enjoyed the film more than the book. :)

The next book I'm about to get into is My Life In Hockey, the autobiography of the legendary Jean Beliveau who played for the Montreal Canadiens.

15. Saga

you're right, that is blasphemy.

16. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

No love for Breaking Bad? On the comedy side, I'd say that the NBC comedies (right now, I mainly mean Community and Parks and Recreation) are excellent. Curb Your Enthusiasm is as good as ever, if you can handle Seinfeld turned up to eleven. Archer is one of the best spy shows I've seen in years; it's also a comedy and animated, but, details. Louie is a fantastic sitcom that often struggles with serious issues, often with more insight than most dramas. I've only seen the pilot, but Treme looks to be, as expected, another fantastic television series from David Simon.

Dexter has turned to garbage, though.

17. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

I am currently doing a re-watch of of my entire Superman DVD collection. A "history of Superman" in film and TV if you will. I started with the two serials from the late 40's/early 50's, then the George Reeves series, then the 1988-1992 Superboy show, then Lois & Clark, and am now on Smallville which I am almost finished with season 6. Actually, Smallville no longer counts as a re-watch since the first time I watched those DVD's, I had only seen the first five years, the last five had not been released yet, so the episodes I'm on now are new to me.

The original Get Smart, the original Battlestar Galactica/Galactica 1980, and the Adam West Batman have all been sitting on my DVD shelves for the last couple of years gathering dust. I've been thinking it might be time to have a re-watch of those.

As for new (or at least newer) shows, I was thinking of investing in 24, Heroes, and Fringe. Money permitting, those will be my next series. And I never did finish Caprica. That's also on my list.