Stargate SG-1 - First time viewing of whole series

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Captain Craig, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Merlanthe

Merlanthe Commander Red Shirt

It occurred to me after writing that post that for clone Jack going back and doing it over doesnt just refer to education and career. It can also apply to having children and being a parent. Not that original Jack would be unable to do that if he chose but the first time round ended in tragedy and on the occasions when he does show interest in women its usually women roundabout his own age and it takes time to build a rleationship to teh point where you want to settle down and raise children togetehr so its unlikely orignal Jack will ever have more children. Whereas clone Jack, who has all the memories of older Jack but is much younger physically, has plenty of time, decades even, to do the having a family part over.

In which case the group of girls who instantly started talking to him was indeed convenient and i am rambling so just ignore me.

2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Been off the Gate for a bit, got busy, hoping to get back on schedule with my viewing.

7x5-Revisions: The SG-1 team finds a dead world...except for a bio-domed off city where the survivors exists. Every inhabitant is neurally linked to a central computer. I kind of had Matrix vibes, then when they download information they need on a whim I half expected the female Council member to pull a Trinity and leap out from behind that table. The dome protects the inhabitants from the toxicity outside. The link gives them access to information they can't store onsite due to availability of space. Come to find out the dome is shrinking. It constantly reconfigures itself the updates the citizens. But in doing so erases things from their mind so they don't suspect. The SG-1 team is able to "unplug" a leading citizen and show him that their civilization is indeed headed for destruction if they don't relocate them. Overall a decent episode if easy one to figure out.

7x6-Lifeboat: It's a good episode and Michael Shanks does a brilliant job bringing to life the multiple personalities in his head. SG-1 finds a crashed cryo ship and the only active native inhabitant stuns Daniel and implants a number of brain waves into his head. Making Daniel a type of "lifeboat" for these people's essence until a body can be found for them. What I liked most about the episode is that we have another advanced humanoid race out there. Their Regent was quite the douche but other than that if we ever revisit them I'd be curious to see how this pocket of survivors is doing.
    It also occurred to me when this was over that this same theme was done back-to-back. I'm guessing when they air and you have a week off, as a viewer that's largely forgotten. On DVD it's like, really, we just did that theme.

7x7-Enemy Mine: Hey look, it's Michael Rooker...before I knew who Michael Rooker was by name!! The episode deals with the SGC finding a planet that has a large deposit of naquidah but the left behind slave Unas are living in the caverns. Daniel brings in his Unas buddy Chaka to communicate their needs more fully than he can in attempt to broker a truce. Michael Rookers character, already forgot his name, is under orders to clear them out by any means. He's fully ready to do that but O'Neill convinces him, along with Hammond's orders from on high, to give Daniel and Chaka a chance. So it all works out in the end so I'm not going to ellaborate on that. What I was feeling while watching this episode and as it relates to the last Unas as slaves ep from last season, is the Unas feel like the Jem'Hedar from DS9 in a way. Now at least, not at first. Visually as well at times. All I'm missing is a Ketrecel White comparison.

7x8-Space Race: While being a fun episode to watch is at it's core a commentary on a rising minority population, (Latinos), within a society and how some perceptions of that are seen. The "villain" is from the "old class"(whites). While clearly this POV could be true in doses as any stereotype is I find that putting this type narrative out there insulting. Largely cause it's selling it that the caricature of that bigoted person represents fairly how the "old class" as a whole thinks or acts. Everything about the space race isn't really worth mentioning as it was just the structure around which the commentary was presented. Does this mean I didn't like the episode, no. I was trying to place this in context of when it aired, late GWBush term, was that when the issue of amnesty came up? Thought it was his second term.

3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed the various news coverage of the race scenes since it's not very often you see that side of alien cultures in sci-fi made it fun and refreshing.

4. Captain Craig

^^^
    That was an interesting thing to do + commercials for product to get your space cruiser going faster.

5. The Wormhole

The commercials for the various sponsors was the best bit. It's a shame they didn't do more with that, or that sci-fi in general doesn't show this side of life more often. Hell, Star Trek never even went there with the Ferengi. And they did everything with the Ferengi. Even crossdressing...

6. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

I like the idea of showing an alien culture, what I didn't like was the fact that the alien culture was basically just American culture with a few details changed.

7. Captain Craig

7x9-Avenger2.0: Dr. Felger is back, this time without his sidekick Dr.Phlox(Billingsly). I don't recall the character name offhand. Felger is about to have his funding taken away and fired for not producing results the SGC can use. He makes a bold last ditch effort to save his job by (over)promising to deliver a way to scramble the DHD on Gou'ald held Gates. What happens instead is that the Gates update each other, due to stellar drift, and Dr.Fletecher's program initiates an update and the whole Gate network is infected. SG teams stranded, Tok'ra operatives who can't check in...disaster. It's a cute episode but I don't want Felger turning into the Reginald Barclay of SG-1. If I don't see him again I'll be fine at this point.

7x10-Birthright: An all female lead, in hiding, encampment of Jaffa women are sabotaging Jaffa stations and outposts and when possible, stealing their symbiotes. The group is lead by Enterprise star Jolene Blalock(is Ent over at this point?). She and Billingsly have guested now. The SG team tries to convince them to get off the symbiotes and onto Tritonan(sp). This episode is an exercise of what role women play in Jaffa society, which mostly is a backseat role. Or has been dominantly played that way with few exceptions. As per usual our leader is willing to explore but a second in command is opposed. Especially since her "coming of age" sister is due a symbiote, she wants to stay true to the current way. She is testing the waters of an insurrection when her sister wants to try the Tritonan method. Teal'C gets some prime action, in more ways than one, in the episode. Will Jolene's character be back? I really liked this episode. It felt like a mini Xena episode in some aspects.

7x11-Evolution pt.1: Anubis is bioengineering a new breed of foot soldier. Essentially replacing the Jaffa. They are outfitted with special energy absorbing body armor is that is rumored to have ties to the Ancients. Dr.Jackson and Dr.Lee begin a quest to track down the device which is rumored to likely still be on Earth. They find the artifact just in time to be kidnapped by some local bushmen. Meanwhile Jack and SG-3 are going to try and capture one of these new Anubis footsoldiers alive in order to question him/her. They manage to do so but the creature can't actual speak. Most likely due to being grown from gestation to adult in just a few weeks and given no "life lessons" as Carter mentioned. They use the memory recall device of the Tokra to basically read his thoughts for intel. Like, where are you from. This sets the stage for ambusing Anubis' "clone army".

7x12-Evolution pt.2: While Dr.Jackson and Lee are being held hostage Lee succumbs to torture and tells them the device contains an unknown energy. While tampering with it, the Bushmen leader activates the device, it begins to glow and emit light. The State dept can't risk sending anyone into the area due to the politics in the S.American area(I forget the country right now). They set him up with a local operative...Veronica Mars dad, called Burk here!! He and Jack have a complicated history so the team-up is reluctant on both parts. Jacob/Selmak have a plan to wear the alien armor, Gate into Anubis' stronghold and destroy the place. This actually work, with little hang up. I expected it to go south but suddenly Jacob is like ObiWan powering down the tractor beam all stealthy. It's discovered that Anubis has a queen who is birthing "blank slate" symbiotes to fuel this clone army. They plant charges there first.
    Back on Earth the bushmen are fighting among themselves and the limited exposure has had an effect. We don't fully know what, till one shoots the other and he comes back to life.
    Daniel and Lee break free of their prison and run for it. Jack and Burk are nearby when they hear the gunfire and head that way.
    Jacob and Teal'C manage to sabotage Anubis's and escape but I'm not sure Anubis is anything more than annoyed at the setback as nothing is implied that Anubis himself is in harm following the sabotage.

Not a bad two parter but not one I'd want to rewatch multiple times. I think it felt grand on paper...unless these faceless drone warriors are developed more which would make this episode kinda like the starting point of our exposure to the Unas and Replicators.

8. The Wormhole

Dr. Coombs, who Felger pretends to talk to to cover up the fact he's actually talking to his mother on the phone.

When this episode aired, Enterprise was in its third season.

Basically, yeah. Anubis already has an army of the Super Soldiers, all SG-1 accomplished is delaying when the next batch can be produced.

9. Captain Craig

7x13-Grace: A Carter focused show that takes place on the Prometheus. Carter wants the ship to stop by a nearby unusual nebulous that doesn't act like any they ever seen. The ship is testing some new equipment and the Captain agrees. When they stop it isn't long till an unknown ship shows up posturing in an aggressive manner and it's a superior ship. The Prometheus flees into the nebulous cloud while taking damage. Carter is knocked unconscious during this, she awakens to find herself alone on the ship. She begins to hallucinate and while she sees visions of what her SG-1 comrades would do the leading vision is of a 10-ish yr old girl who identifies herself as Grace. Sam manages to save the ship and in doing so realizes the aforementioned attacking aliens have also succumbed to a paralyzing situation on the outskirts of the cloud, despite having kidnapped the crew of the Prometheus. In a monologue agreement she tells the aliens how to break free of the clouds influence(which by the way is believed to be a living organism that was treating them as an infection of sorts) if they return her crew. All works out in the end. However we the viewer are left with....so who/what was Grace? Did the Cloud being project her? Did the kidnapping aliens? Was she just one of Sam's hallucinations?

7x14-Fallout: The return of Jonas Quinn, yeah! My first thought was...they better not kill him now. We find out that Quinn's home world has now settled on a joint name(which I can't recall right now) for their planet and the 3 warring nations are in an uneasy truce. It seems the naquadah on the planet is being converted underground into the more powerful if unstable naquadria(the spelling on these is too close imo). Come to find out Quinn's country actually inadvertently started the conversion when they unleashed a weapon meant to halt the other warring nations from attacking. We discover they have a drilling machine that was co-enginered by Jonas' co-worker...who may be more than that to Jonas. We actually find out she is much more altogether. Seems she is a Gou'ald informant working for Ba'al. They are going to use the drilling ship to get to the source of the problem and attempt to stop the conversion. If it continues it will explode and destroy the planet. Jonas is repulsed that is co-worker and kinda girlfriend is a Gou'ald but she agrees to help for a variety of mixed reasons. Primary being it seems the symbiote actually is in love with Jonas. We also see that this young planet still has a lot of growing pains. I suspect Quinns planet is a strong metaphor or our own. Would the nations of our world suddenly be able to drop centuries of uncertainty about one another is Aliens and Power Mad denizens suddenly dropped out of the sky? We'd like to think so....but maybe we'd be just as blind as Quinn's worlds three main countries. Oh, and Quinn doesn't die, yeah!! Kinda thought they might for some reason...just because.

7x15-Chimera: The return of Osiris aka Daniel's old girlfriend Sarah!! You know Gou'ald don't get many appearances if you aren't Anubis, they planning on killing Osiris/Sarah off? I'm on death watch. So Osiris is manipulating Daniels dreams to recall a relic with translations on it that could lead to the Lost City of the Ancients. Also going on is that Sam seems to have been set up by a friend of a friend and romantic sparks have kindled. He's a cop and is fed the cover story about her just being a deep space researcher. He can tell she's lying, he reminds her "I'm a cop, I can tell these things you know". Daniel with the help of Teal'c finds out that these recurring nightly dreams of Sarah may in fact be that Osiris is coming by his house. You know, they never address just how Osiris got to Earth in the first place. I don't recall the last place we saw her, but it wasn't on Earth. Thought it was that big Gou'ald meet up in space. Meanwhile Sam's happiness is beginning to bustle up. While sharing an elevator ride with Jack she is happily humming. Jack inquires "who is he?". Now the curious thing here, outside the Jack/Sam discussion of a boyfriend....is that I'm fairly certain Sam was humming the opening notes of the Stargate intro music? I backed it up a few times, am I right or just imagining it? So Sam's cop boy toy, Pete, does some digging via an FBI friend and yep, Sam is in deep. He knows she is officially not exactly what she says...so he does a stake out on her. Kinda creepy, no?
    Daniel goes along with things cause he to, want's to know where the Lost City is, an elaborate trap is set for Osiris and SG-1 does it's own stake out at Daniel's place...where Pete has also tailed Sam to. Battle with Osiris happens and she is captured, Pete is injured and all go back to Cheyenne Mountain. The symbiote is removed from Sarah, Pete is on the mend and Sam is allowed to tell him a certain level of truth.
    Soooooo....no one dies, love is in bloom at the SGC. Can we expect Daniel and Sarah to get back together? Will Pete and Sam continue? I like the Sarah character so I hope so. Pete I'm indifferent to after the one episode.

7x16-Death Knell: So Death is in the title...who dies? Maybe I was right to be on guard. So the new Alpha site that houses the Tarrae, Jaffa, Tok'ra alliance is AGAIN found out, this time by Anubis. He sends a few of his new drone clones out fully equipped with their energy absorbing armor to destroy the place. Sam and her dad Jacob are both there studying the results of their latest test. Seems the Alpha site has been working up a way around this new energy absorbing armor, Anubis knows this and wishes to shut it down. Jacob is injured in the attack, Sam moreso but she is able to flee with the device. A number of all 3 cooperating divisions lose men, none moreso than the Tarrae. While there is some excitement in the chase of the Clone Warrior stalking a limping Sam(who seems to go McGuyver on us with the weapon) that's not really the important part of this episode. This incident actually manages to break apart the Union of the Tarrae, Jaffa and Tok'ra. Now, I think they will still help each other out as situations arise but the Alliance of mutual exchange of information(since that wasn't really working anyway) is now over. The Tok'ra also feel that due to their more proactive Alliance they are losing more members which they can't easily replace. So what dies? The Alliance. A metaphorical death, I can deal with that as they will surely work together still as it's called for.

10. The Wormhole

It's intentionally left vague for the viewer to decide if she is a personification of the nebula or just a hallucination.

That gets explained in season 8 and is relevant to that season's story arc.

You're right. On the day of filming, Amanda Tapping forgot how the tune they wanted her to hum went so she was told to hum the first thing to come to mind. Therefore she hummed the show's theme tune.

11. Captain Craig

^^^
    So the season 8 arc is about, partly or in whole, Osiris. Her symbiote is still alive. I'm guessing it's in holding at SGC? So maybe Sarah will appear again. Perhaps trying to recall some crucial info on some Gou'ald plot? We know that the bonding creates some memory imprints, we've seen that with Sam and some others. I'm almost to S8, curious.

7x17 & 7x18 - Heroes Parts 1-2
    Not going to lie, when I could tell where this story was going I wasn't overly thrilled. A documentary crew? What I was liking was when Adam Baldwin(Firefly, Chuck) showed up leading an SG team as Col Dixon. I'm not a military expert, are he and Jacks rank as Col equal, are there levels like General? I found the contrast of how his team worked vs SG-1 interesting. Other than knowing other SG teams exist we've seen little of how those teams work as a dynamic. They are mostly just there for backup or are a stranded team as a line of dialogue in the script of that episodes danger.
    I had thought it was blatant foreshadowing when they did the "Q branch"(ala James Bond) scene showcasing the new staff weapon armor. I'm guessing it's a derivative of the armor they learned from testing the new Anubis clone warriors? But they never say. So when Jack gets hit, I feel it's a red herring. I'm actually hoping that Dixon's man who got hit(is it Bateman?) is going to be ok, he has a baby due shortly in a few weeks.
    Now as a sidebar we also have another one of these oversight reviews being done. This time by Robert Picardo(ST:Voyager). Once it was Simmons(John De Lancie), is it a running gag for STrek to be "judging" SG-1? LOL! :lol:
    Anyway, so for awhile now I'd felt death was looming and it looked like Col.Dixon's expectant father Bateman(?) would be fodder for that. While not a big name, I had grown to like this team....but oh, no TPTB throw a real monkey wrench in things don't they. While Dr.Frasier is treating Bateman she gets hit with a staff weapon....and dies?!! Seriously now, is Dr.Frasier dead(don't really answer, I know it's sci-fi--Asgardian, Ancients and Tok'ra miracles lurk...right?).
    She was just a part time support player so is there a real world reason? Did the Teryl Rothby land a full time gig on another show? I'm avoiding IMDB when these questions arise to not spoil myself, just thinking out loud.
    So, the ending took a mediocore, up to that point, show and ended it like that...oh, and Bateman had a baby girl. Named her Janet! :techman:

12. The Wormhole

Not exactly. But the means by which she arrived on Earth do play a crucial part in the season.

There are two Colonel ranks, Lieutenant Colonel and Colonel, sometimes referred to informally as a "full bird Colonel." Both O'Neill and Dixon are "full birds" making them equal rank. In fact, the episode has both referring to each other by their first names, which wouldn't be allowed if they weren't equal.

Heh, interesting observation. I never thought of it that way before.

Dr. Frasier is indeed dead. The reasoning was that at the time the episode was written, everyone believed this was to be SG-1's last, so it was decided might as well kill someone off. Ironically, it was while the episode was filmed they got word the show had been picked up for an eighth season. The writers have since said had they known when they were writing they would get another season they wouldn't have killed her.

13. Captain Craig

7x19-Resurrection: This episode felt a bit like it was channeling the sci-fi flick Species. A secret N.I.D. facility is found that has been trying to cross breed Gou'ald DNA with Human DNA. Essentially cloning and cross breeding from living cells. We find out it's taken them over 40 tries to "perfect" a living specimen. We find out about it cause the "specimen" manages to kill all but 1 person at the facility and a 911 call is made. Upon arriving on the scene Sams...friend realizes he needs to call them in. The goal is to have a human who can access and benefit from Gou'ald physiology and memories but not be subjected to the Gou'ald mindset. Even at try number 40+ that isn't going to work. I noticed it was Directed by Amanda Tapping. Was this her first directoral gig? On the show? Ever? Pretty good episode for basically a "one set" piece. I mean we were in other locations in the warehouse but I don't recall being at the SGC at all. Even off world episodes usually have a static shock of talking to Hammond in the SGC Command control room.

7x20-Inaguration: A clip show! I don't recall the last one, seemed we had one a season but I don't recall season 6's installment off hand. Also, we have a new President. As much as Hammond likes to talk about his ties to the President and such this sets up a possible transition for things. What makes this episode so much more than a clip show is that we see the political ladder climbing of Kinsey...he's now the VP!!! He brings in Woolsey(Picardo) without missing a beat to try and reorganize the SGC literally on the first day. As far as clip shows goes, this one felt less 'clippy' than most but they used those clips when debriefing the President so the use made perfect sense. I want to say the episode left me wanting to like Woolsey show of character and pride but I don't want to jump to liking him just yet.

7x21&22(?)-Lost City: Since this was twice as long I'm assuming it's defacto episode 22 also. Was it shown like this and if so, why? The SGC, Daniel, believes it is right on top of discovering the Lost City. A clue leads them to site that allegedly has the location but Anubis is also closing in. Last time a human(Jack) tried getting intel out of an Ancient device it about drove him mad and killed him. That mental, memory upload does a number on your gray matter. SG-1 has gotten there first but Anubis comes swooping in with his gliders and Jaffa and clone warriors. Daniel is about to go for the memory upload, Jack stops him, explaining he'll be the one they need to solve everything latter. Jack thrusts himself into the device. SG-1 destroys the Ancients access control and leaves. Anubis is not happy, he has his clone warriors gun down the Jaffa who failed him. Meanwhile our new President, who suspects the public is going to become fully aware of the SG program sooner than later decides change is in order. He installs a civilian leader, replacing Hammond. Kinsey is of course determined as ever to take over control of the SG somehow, someway. When SG-1 indicates we have about 3 days before Anubis shows up wanting the info they got, Kinsey down plays it hard and fast. Master Bra'tec shows up confirming that scouts show Anubis headed toward Earth. I liked the nod to an earlier episode when Thor corrected Kinsey with the instance on "Supreme" Commander, and O'Neill emphasis' that it's "Master" Bra'tec to Kinsey. Lost City is once again linked to the term Atalantis. Is this the beginning of the spinoff? SG-1 finds out on an away mission to another Ancients city that the location of the Lost City is in the Antarctic...or it is now, cause continental drift wasn't accounted for in the map they saw. This of course even more fully explains why that 2nd, older gate, was there to begin with. Anubis shows up with a few scout ships, hanging back himself, waiting to see if Earth is utilizing the stolen info. Kinsey is confident that the scout contingent IS the whole Anubis fleet and wants Prometheus sent out to handle it. Our new President is starting to see the blind error that is Kinsey's thinking. Anubis starts out only attacking communications networks? Seems a bit tame for him don'tcha think? That is about my only plot issue for this two parter. The Prometheus is unleased with....Hammond at the Captains chair as SG-1 makes it's way to Antarctica and finds...the Lost City? They think so at first but then reneg on that idea? I'm starting to think "the secret lies with Charlotte"....I mean how many clues till we find this 'Lost City' already. So the real zinger is that Jack ends up encased in some kind of stasis chamber, like a bug in amber. Victory is had, VP Kinsey is expected to resign(that'll be the day) and the show's over. No victory parade, welcome back Hammond and the Prometheus....it just ends.
    Perpelexing final episode with cliff hangers abounding.

OMG, 7 seasons down!! 3 more to go...what a ride so far. Thanks for sticking with me on this journey, your insight has helped me out a few times.

14. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

The SG-1 phone app game is a kind of epic prequel to Resurrection.

15. The Wormhole

Woolsey becomes a more sympathetic character as the show goes on, though he can still be a bit of a dick at times.

Lost City was originally aried as two episodes, but combined into one extended episode for the DVD. Much of it is set up for the Stargate Atlantis series, and indeed Dr. Weir becomes a main character on that show.

Originally Anubis's attack on Earth was going to be a bit more massive, but that had to be scaled back due to budget and the fact the series was going to continue into a new season.

16. Captain Craig

Season 8

8x1-New Order pt.1: With the fallout from last season Dr.Weir is in control of the Stargate and a larger International community wants in on whats located in Antarctica. The SG-1 team of course wants to go in and get Jack. Get him to the Asgards. Prometheus is on guard in orbit. The twist out of the bat is that that the remaining Gou'ald System Lords would like to talk peace after word of what the Tarrae had done to Anubis.
    Carter and Teal'C are headed for the Asgard homeworld but when they drop out of warp they find themselves on the gravity edge of a blackhole. Thor shows up literally in the nick of time to save them. Appears the Asgard star has collapsed, hate when that happens. Some Replicators are also causing problems nearby of course. Turns out slo-mo trapped Replicators, now lead by betrayed SG-1 former sympathizer Fifth. He set out to torture Sam...to show how evil he can be I guess. Love is screwed up ain't it. Fifth is taking the Replicators to the new Asgard world where he hopes to destroy them. Thor and Teal'c are in a no win situation and blow up the ship...seemingly taking Carter down with it.

8x2-New Order pt.2: The Gou'ald ambassadors who were talking peace are taken into custody when Dr.Weir and Co. find out an attack fleet is headed for Earth. Thor and Teal'C arrive and Thor beams O'Neill out of status and Daniel to his ship. Jack gets interfaced into the ship so he can communicate, kinda creepy. Jack wants to get the info out of his head that they need before his "mind wipe" begins. Meanwhile we find out Sam is alive, and on a farm with boyfriend Pete...or is she. It's a ruse by Fifth, who kept she and him in tact during the ship's explosion(seems to happen a lot doesn't it). Fifth is trying to discover how to love her, or be loved, by posing as Pete in a projection type state. Back on Earth one of the Gou'ald ambassadors Cammus(sp) defects having nothing to return to but shame. He offers himself up for political assylum while Yu and the others brand him a traitor.
    Back with Thor and Jack, Jack has constructed a weapon that can defeat the Replicators(how would the Ancients know about them again?) then Thor wipes his mind. Replicators are saved, new Asgard homeworld saved....the end.
    A pretty good opener even if it does have a convienent ending. Really, though how would the Ancient(humanity 1.0 who've ascended) have knowledge in their library banks on how to stop the Replicators? Are they not something new? Other than a nuBSG cycle explanation I got nothing.

8x3-Lockdown: The debris field left over from the destruction of Anubis and his ship is a floating hazzard to a Russian manned team on the ISS. We see as the debris gets close something transfer into the ISS. Cut to some time later and one of the Russians has been transferred to SGC as part of their cooperative efforts with the Russians. It appears the Russian has brought a virus/contagion into SGC. O'Neill locks the place down. Cut to the chase, it's not a contagion it's the disembodied essence of Anubis. Kinda in his ascended state, he has no substance. The Russian agrees to be host in order to rid Anubis of the SGC. They trick Anubis when dialing a destination and send the Russian to an ice world where he freezes up almost instantly, Anubis trapped(?) within. A decent epiosde.

8x4-Zero Hour: Plays out as a week in the life of O'Neill adjusting to being "the man" and all that entails. Mediation of conflicts, allies to meet with, off world teams, Presidential visits and of course cafeteria selections. A new liason has come to the SGC(secretly monitoring Jack for the Pres to see if he's up to the job) and his "helping" Jack out. Zero Hour refers to more accurately when the President comes. Jack deftly handles the situations as they arise but he is stressed about it and has begun to draft his resignation letter. Confessing to Hammond a number of things, such as not appreciating just how tough his job was. The President shows up and the "mole" gives a positive report. This turn of events pleases Jack and he files away the resignation letter.
    I really liked this episode, saw the "mole" coming. Wasn't totally sure what exactly he would turn out to be, just knew he was the wildcard to watch that episode.

8x5-Icon: Is the episode that makes the homeworld of Jonas's Quinn look like a picnic. Those guys are locked in political posturing. However, when SG-1 shows up here they inadvertently awaken a sleep cult, that stages a coup and it leads to "nuclear war". As worse a case scenario as I can recall of late demonstrated by what happens when you go knocking on doors that have been closed.
    Because of the daring of the episode it gets high marks from me.

8x6-Avatar: Teal'C locked into an AI interactive combat trainer. The program learns from you and is constantly trying to one up you. I get they couldn't unplug the machine from his neural connection cause of the damage it might cause. HOWEVER, no one, not one even suggested just disabling the mechanism that delivers the electric shock. Remove that and the medical issue of course goes away...as does the "drama".
    A pass episode I wouldn't rewatch this one again.

8x7-Affinity: Teal'C finally gets permission to have an off base apartment. Along with cover story. Turns out he lucked out and got Erica Durance as his next door neighbor. Lucky alien. I found this character piece for Teal'C to be very enjoyable. As it allowed him to stretch the character and his cover story into every day life. How he'd explain the forehead "tatoo" for example. A solid 180 degrees with back-to-back Teal'C centered episodes. This one I would rewatch again and again.

8x8-Covenant: Here we meet the Richard Branson type tycoon in this episode. A wealthy business leader with his own company, satellites and multi layered ventures. He has managed to capture proof of the Anubis attack + a little something extra via his contract with the government for blind DNA testing. He's a stickler for unadulterated truth and threatens to reveal the truth of SGC, aliens, etc if they(the gov) doesn't do it first. The guy's name is Coulson which post-MCU movies I just find interesting, before that obviously it wouldn't have had an impact at all. Through a series of events Coulson and his staff are nearly killed. He thinks it's the government. Come to find out it's likely(we don't know for certain) a number of corporate rivals. We find out here via Sam that the government is handing over some of the alien tech to think tanks, in exchange for their silence, to reverse engineer and find applicable every day uses that might benefit humanity. So these people have millions in R&D + down the road retail sales to lose if Coulson goes public. Ah, the almighty dollar strikes again as the undercurrent foe.
    Coulson is later found to have some IRS troubles after an audit(feels highly familiar right about now given the real world situation). Anyway an enjoyable episode. What I wonder is if now that Coulson has been brought in on things could his company help the Asgards out by cloning more bodies. They need them. The one he did clone is mentioned to be going to an Asgard who needs it.

17. The Wormhole

There's another race of Replicators the Ancients were aware of.

His company is now bankrupt, which severely limits what they can do.

18. Captain Craig

Since it'll be awhile before I cycle to Atlantis I clicked that. It makes more sense now, thanks.

Well companies still work during a bankruptcy. I forget the differences but one of the levels allows for restructuring etc. Despite the way it left us with his company's status I just figured it wouldn't go away Enron style or something.

19. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I think the problem withe Asgard, is basically they were making copies of a copy. Try Photocopying something, then photocopy your copy keep on repeating photocopying the copy.

20. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

Yeah... I've never really bought that explanation. Why would they need to be making copies of copies of copies? They have to technology to preserve replicate whatever they like, there's no reason why they couldn't have just kept their original DNA. It makes no sense that they wouldn't have foreseen the degradation, or at least stopped making copies of copies when they did realise it.