Most attractive Trek alien races?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by DevilEyes, Jul 21, 2009.

?

Most attractive alien races? (you can pick more than 1)

1. Vulcan

63.5%
  2. Romulan (TOS)

33.0%
  3. Romulan (modern)

13.0%
  4. Klingon (TOS)

1.7%
  5. Klingon (modern)

9.6%
  6. Cardassian

26.1%
  7. Bajoran

39.1%
  8. Trill

40.9%
  9. Betazoid

24.3%
  10. Orion

26.1%
  11. Deltan

15.7%
  12. Andorian

21.7%
  13. Ocampa

8.7%
  14. Vorta

13.0%
  15. Borg

4.3%
  16. Bolian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Caitian

4.3%
  18. Devore

0.9%
  19. Kazon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. Denobulan

0.9%
  21. Ferengi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  22. Changeling

3.5%
  23. Android (of the Soong variety)

2.6%
  24. other

7.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. kes7

kes7 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Borg have three votes. I would love to hear from the Borg lovers what you find physically attractive about them. Is it the grey, mottled zombie skin, or the hard black exoplating? :borg:

3. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

I have my theory about why people voted for the Borg. Think there's any relation to that choice and preference for BDSM? Seven certainly seems like she could've been a dominatrix, and some of the implants and stuff are probably evocative of stuff used in BDSM.

4. kes7

Voting for the Borg because of Seven is cheating ... unless the vote is for the Seven of "Scorpion." What makes Seven attractive in later episodes has little to do with the Borg.

I guess could see where someone who is into BDSM would find the Borg Queen hot. The drones, though, they're not particularly dominating personalities, nor are they physically beautiful.

Speaking of attractive Borg drones, I wonder what species Axum was originally. He was very good looking in Unimatrix Zero.

5. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

I think he's the same species as Hoshi Sato's boyfriend in "Two Days and Two Nights". :)

6. kes7

Wow, good eye. I think you're right!

7. Faranight

Faranight Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Vulcans (Saavik (Alley) and that Maquis-vulcan in DS9, *drool*)
    Bajorans (Kira and Ro)
    Trill (Jadzia)

8. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

Around here, she is known as the Vulcan Princess ;). Sakonna, I believe.

9. USS Excelsior

USS Excelsior Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  10. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..
    ^Did you draw a blank?

(I'm terribly sorry, I seem to be in a bad joke sort of mood;))

11. Fireflywyo300

Fireflywyo300 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Those would be the people attached to their Iphones. jk all.:lol:

12. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And her pic was posted on the first page:

13. DevilEyes

One of the things about the Cardie makeup is that it gives a sort of more powerful and dangerous look... Although not everyone loos good in it - John Vickery, who is quite attractive in real life, looked rather homely as Rusot. But I definitely think the Cardie makeup gave Andrew Robinson a lot more interesting look. (Although I am not attracted to Garak, I do think AR looks better as Garak than he did in anything else).

[​IMG]

But it may have also partly been because both actors were in their 50s at the time, and all that heavy makeup tends to make it hard to figure out people's age. I know I was a bit shocked when I checked actors' bios and learned how old Alaimo was... not that it bothers me or anything, I'm not one of those people who are upset because 'OMG I'm drooling over someone who's old enough to be my dad :eek:'... No, it's just that I really wouldn't have guessed. But actually it's kind of good to know that middle-aged men can be in such a good shape ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I guess Alaimo he had to look good as a Cardassian since he was the prototype for the Cardie look in the first place (or at least for the Cardie neck!). Also, seeing him out of makeup, I think he has handsome features and amazing eyes, but he was balding and always seems to have had somewhat rough skin, and the makeup and fake hair hides those imperfections.

14. DevilEyes

In any case, it was blatantly obvious that Borg Queen was meant to be sexy from the moment she appeared in First Contact. In many ways, she was acting like a classic femme fatale. I still think it's a silly idea and that it ruined Borg, but maybe that's just me.

:lol: Klingons don't seem to be that popular here, but when I posted a similar thread on www.startrekmovie.com, there were a few guys who were really into Klingon women. One of them even thought B'etor was the sexiest alien woman in Trek. But I think that this may be because of the Klingon Kleavage :p

I have to say that I don't like Klingon ridges. Worf is the only Klingon I find even remotely attractive, and I still dislike his forehead. Still, I think K'Eleyhr looked good with it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

B'Elanna looks pretty good with it, too. And what's even weirder, I watched "Faces" the other day (the episode makes no sense, BTW, but that's another matter), and even though human B'Elanna was lovely, I just felt like something was missing there. Where is your forehead? Get it back, soon! :klingon: :wtf:

I'm not sure if I'm just used to seeing those people in makeup, or if they actually look better in it, because bumpy foreheads, pointy ears, weird eyebrows or scales and ridges give their faces more character! I also felt just weird when I saw a real life pic of Tim Russ. Hey, something is missing there! Your eyebrows should not be like that! And what's up with your ears?! :vulcan:

[​IMG]

There - this is better!

[​IMG]

15. Oryx

Oryx Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Modern Klingon = winner, hands down. I've only ever had eyes for Worf. Methinks I just crave the abuse (plus, who wouldn't want to see your lover read poetry and duck a lot? C'mon, people! Wink wink, nudge nudge).

16. PSGarak

PSGarak Commodore Commodore

My picks are Cardassian, Romulan, Vulcan, and Bajoran, pretty much in that order.

17. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Awww, come on...he's not that bad. When you catch him with a less forbidding expression on his face (which he seemed to get often, when talking about Dukat), that sheds a new light on him. A smile, or at least a pleasant expression, always helps a person. :)

I present this as my evidence:

http://mario.lapam.mo.it/ds9/gifs/MarcAlaimo02.jpg

18. DevilEyes

Ooh, no, you misunderstood, I didn't mean to criticize his appearance! Not at all! :alienblush: I think he's a good-looking man in or out of makeup. I was just hypothesizing that one of the reasons people might prefer people in makeup is because makeup can hide little physical imperfections. Mind you, I don't find that they ruin people's appearance or anything - I don't want people to look like they've come out from a Gattaca-like future. In fact that can be quite creepy - I get so turned off by those TV shows in which everyone has perfect skin and perfect teeth and everything, like they've all been airbrushed. :p I don't mind rough skin - for instance, Benito Martinez from The Shield has even rougher skin, and he's still very handsome (IMO).

19. PSGarak

PSGarak Commodore Commodore

Alaimo is someone who has actually improved with age. I remember him playing a heavy on lots of mid-'70's to early '80's TV shows. The long, shaggy hair look wasn't his best. It took me a while to realize who he was when he was playing Gul Dukat. I didn't recognize the name, but man, you'd never forget the voice.

20. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

I love that voice.