Favorite Incarnation Of The Doctor

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by CmndrSela318, Feb 3, 2014.

?

Favorite Incarnation Of The Doctor

1. William Hartnell

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  2. Patrick Troughton

10 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. Jon Pertwee

9 vote(s)
    9.3%
  4. Tom Baker

22 vote(s)
    22.7%
  5. Peter Davison

5 vote(s)
    5.2%
  6. Colin Baker

3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  7. Sylvester McCoy

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. Paul McGann

3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  9. John Hurt

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  10. Christopher Eccleston

7 vote(s)
    7.2%
  11. David Tennant

16 vote(s)
    16.5%
  12. Matt Smith

17 vote(s)
    17.5%
  13. Peter Capaldi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Jodie Whittaker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CmndrSela318

CmndrSela318 Trek BBS Commander Number 318. Red Shirt

Let me explain the line up. Peter Capaldi did not make the list because we have not had a full episode of him as the doctor.
    The one heart, no regeneration, David Tennant duplicate, meta-doctor did not make the list. I'm probably a minority of 1 or maybe part of a minority of less than 1% of Doctor Who fans that count him as an incarnation of the Doctor. I count him an incarnation because he was created from the leftover regeneration energy David Tennant's Doctor didn't use.
    John Hurt did make the list. Day Of The Doctor pretty much confirmed he is an incarnation of the Doctor. If I've got his place in the line up right, he's the one that regenerates into Christopher Eccleston.
    Okay Doctor Who fans, it's time to cast your vote.

2. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Tennant will win...

That said I'm in my usual quandrt; Smith Davison or Troughton....decisions, decisions...ah sod it, Matt.

To add, I think these polls would be more interesting if you could vote for 2 or 3 of your favourite Doctors, I think that would give a fairer indication of each Doctor's popularity. As it stands I'll be amazed if the top three here isn't Tennant, Smith, Tom.

3. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Of the "new" Doctors my favourite is Tennant, but I am not overly familiar with the old Doctors (just saw a few clips here and there), so I don't feel like I can cast a fair vote. I'm curious about the results, tho.

4. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Tom Baker, of course.

5. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Yeah, I agree. There are two Doctors I love the most, Tennant and Pertwee. I'll cast my vote for the former since I only have one and he's slightly ahead.

I've yet to see the runs from 5 to 8, though, but I feel confident enough to vote in spite of that.

6. werdegast

werdegast Lieutenant Red Shirt

Patrick Troughton all the way.

Like many others in the U.S. Tom Baker was my first Doctor but P.T. is my favorite. I also feel that Colin Baker was given the runaround during his time and he has excelled in the BF audios. He is definitely my favorite audio Doctor.

7. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Agreed, because you know what, he was my Doctor.

8. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Question: Who is your favorite Doctor?

Answer: Yes, Who IS my favorite Doctor. :)

Mark

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yup, My favorite is Incarnation 1 - 13, and I'm sure 14 will rank right up there in no time.

Such a wonderful Chap, all of them

10. Lucky

Lucky Captain Captain

Tennant. He's who really made me a fan.

11. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Tennant of course! :)

Yeah, I think it would be interesting if we could vote for three in future. I'll try and do that after an episode or two of Capaldi's run. ;) Just for the hell of it, here's a list again!

1) David Tennant (10th)
    2) Paul McGann (8th)
    3) Christopher Eccleston (9th)
    4) Colin Baker (6th)
    5) John Hurt (war)
    6) Peter Davison (5th)
    7) Patrick Troughton (2nd)
    8) Jon Pertwee (3rd)
    9) Sylvester McCoy (7th)
    10) Tom Baker (4th)
    11) Matt Smith (11th)
    12) William Hartnel (1st)

Man this list has changed over the years. For a start since DOTD, John Hurt has become a new fave, and I've gotten into Davison a lot lately, plus Androzani won me over. Tom Baker has gone quite down on my list as I've realised there's only a tiny handful of his stuff I like. I'm not really a fan of his 70s stuff and the E space trilogy in the 80s was crap, so that's about five serials remaining. I'm still yet to see Deadly Assassin which I got for Xmas, so that may sway my decision. For reasons I have explained, I don't like Smith much mainly because of Moffat but I also find him a bit annoying at times. Hartnel is at the bottom, but that's mainly because he's never been in something I've fallen in love with apart from the last episode of Celestial Toymaker (why oh why did that have to be lost and yet we've got that awful Aztecs in full. Quite easily the worst serial of the classic series, it's like a godamn Shakespearian play.)

12. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ McGann isn't your #1?????

Change your AV NOW!!

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Classic Favorite: Tom Baker
    New Favorite: David Tennant

14. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

<GASP>, I love The Aztecs, it's amongst my favorite Hartnells, and certainly my favorite of the Historicals (Though, I recently finally watched Marco Polo Recon, and enjoyed it and I think, I would likely love that Serial if it is ever recovered)

15. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, this pretty much my stand as well. But as we can only vote for one, I'll have to go with Tennant.

16. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Out of the current era, I would have to say Tennant, from the classic era I would have to go with Davison but then again given my age he would be my Docotor, followed closely by Tom Baker. I've only seen a few Hartnell and Troughton story so it would be unfair to class them, but I would rate Colin Baker at the bottom.

17. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Tom Baker for me, even if I do find many of the stories during his era a bit too slow and plodding.

18. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Eccelston is my favorite incarnation.

19. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I found Pete Davison's Doctor the most interesting as he brought something to the role that really elevated the character.

20. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I've watched all the modern stuff, but my lack of classic Who knowledge means I don't think I have enough info to vote. I like all the Doctor's I've seen, and honestly its hard to pick between 4, 9 and 10. I also like 11, although maybe a little bit less than than 4, 9 and 10. I thought 8 was good in the move (even if the movie itself was weak). I've also watched The Three Doctors and the Five Doctors, and I liked 1, 2, 3 and 5 in those specials (especially Troughton, he's definately the classic Doctor I want to check out the most after the 4th, who I'm watching right now). The War Doctor was also really good in Day of the Doctor. I've only seen 7 in the movie, and I've seen nothing of 6, but I'm sure I'd like them, too.

That said, if forced to vote, I'd only feel comfortable choosing between 8-11, which I've seen every thing from (not counting 8's audio adventures, but you don't "see" those anyway). So, from that group, If I had to choose, I think I'd have to go with 10. He had my favorite episodes, favorite farewell, and was just overall an awesome Doctor. 9 might have beaten him if he'd had more time, but right now I'd say 10 is probably my favorite Doctor, with 9 and 4 very close. I'm not going to vote, but that's who I'd choose if I had too.