Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by TK421, Dec 13, 2008.

1. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Precisely.

2. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yep. I live right here in the good ol' US of A, which is usually a default location for most servers that deal in this kind of thing.

Oh, and Dennis, I found the videos on Youtube. Thanks. :)

3. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Probably true. But I'm entitled to make up my own ending to unfinished fictions. Why limit it to what goes on INSIDE the film?

4. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I can get hold of Jimm once or twice a year.

5. Barbreader

You guys do know I was joking, right?

6. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    I do.

7. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have chosen not to know that.
    It works more in my favor that way.

8. Kirk here

Kirk here Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Real life is so . . . inconvenient.

9. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

As I've always said -- it will be ready when it will be ready. Until then, Jimm, Josh, Dennis and the rest of the 'Exeter' gang have given us more than enough reason to trust that they are preparing a final act that will be as near to perfect as it can be, free of charge for us to enjoy. As far as I'm concerned, they can take as long as they see fit to work on it.

Keep up the great work, guys.

10. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I still think we should start a pool on whether the final act of Exeter or The Last Dangerous Visions comes out first. :cool:

11. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

Maybe we should include Schubert's Unfinished Symphony in that bet... ;)

12. Barbreader

I'd be willing to bet they'll beat out the completion of the pilot episode of Star Trek: Roddenbury...

13. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I think the last time I mentioned it, I included the final issue of Planetary-- and that actually came out! :eek:

14. Zeppster

Zeppster Commodore Commodore

Does this show even exist anymore? Is there anyone working on it? It's been almost 2 years since the last release of it.

15. Barbreader

Zeppster, people who were associated with the production say the work done after the shoot is still being worked on. Realize that most European cathedrals took many generations to complete. That is why I always use any questions on this thread as an invitation for me to remind people that over 350 Star Trek Fan Films have been released. Over 40 separate producers have produced dramas, and there are more that have produced comedies and shorts. I invite anyone frustrated about this fan film to do what I did... watch some of the others.

16. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

If they're already at a rough cut stage, then maybe it's time somebody decided on a hard-and-fast release date, and on that date, release what they've got, regardless of how "imperfect" it may be.

I think we're fast approaching the point where by the time this thing meets Jimm's standards, nobody's gonna give a shit anymore.

17. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

I dunno. It seemed to me that a lot of people crapped on Phase 2 recently because of the sound quality of Blood and Fire 2's third and fourth act.

Frankly, I recommend everyone watch Exeter's "Tressaurian" episode. Having seen much of what's out there, there's no doubt in my mind that it is superior to 90% of everything else. So, it's not completed. Well, deal with it.

Having only recently begun work on our fan film, I'm now getting a reality check on many things. Landlords who not only double but quadruple the rate they originally quoted you. Actors who agree to show up at a certain time and wander in thirty minutes later than everyone else. An electrician who volunteered to run some lighting for us for free if we provided the lights (I still have the lights on the carport in their boxes). A bout of pneumonia that sidelined our production for two weeks. An applique that worked great for three weeks and then curled up as the adhesive dried out.

"Tressaurian" will be done when it's done. And if it isn't ever done because Jimm wants it to be perfect, that's his choice to make. Not ours for him.

18. Barbreader

Good point, Potemkin. I left out Part II of what I usually say. All Fan Films are a Gift of Trek from your fellow fans, produced absolutely unselfishly. The right response isn't to 'get tough' with the gift giver who owes you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and has nothing to apologize for even if he or she decides to never finish his or her film. The right response is, "Thank you."

19. doubleohfive

Or they could just release it when they're damn well good and ready to.

Honestly, I don't get this impatience from people. It's free, it's obviously quality work, what's the big deal about waiting a little longer? Dennis has already indicated that release of the final act can't be that far away, so who cares if it's another week, another month?

20. doubleohfive

Precisely.