River song is still alive~?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by starsuperion, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Many Fans that post on Boards, are "Over" River Song. Me, I personally enjoy her still, and would welcome her back again, especially to see her relationship with a new Doctor. I have 5 or 6 casual fans at work, but, I haven't polled how they feel about River, so, I don't even have anecdotal evidence of General Audience current opinion of River.

However, I don't like the idea of her taking on The Mantle of "The Doctor". If we're gonna make The Doctor Female, have him regenerate into one, and play with the expected Memes. There are definitely many ways River Song could be brought back (out of Time Sync Alex Kingston still, a "Flesh" Body, an android with her memories dumped in, a Resurrection by The Timelords when The Doctor finds Gallifrey and restores it, your ideas of Slef-Evolution as a Program...)

As far as a new Main Female character, to take The Doctor's place, if he is rested, I'd love to see a Romana, (Lala Ward, especially, but, Juliet Landau would be cool too) running loose throughout the Universe, but, again, leave the Mantle of "The Doctor" to the being who originally took it on, IMHO.

2. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I think River would be fun if the story's right. Or if she gets to meet Captain Jack Harkness. If that happens, I don't give a rat's ass what the story is, it'll be awesome anyway.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yes. Definitely yes.

I realize they're busy and it's hard to schedule such a thing, but damn, this would be one of the best stories ever.

I just watched Torchwood: Miracle Day for the first time last week, and now I want to see more Jack!

I still think Jack, River, Vastra, Jenny, and Strax would make an awesome spinoff as "Torchwood: Victorian London."

4. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

Yeah, seeing Jack again is probably the only way to get me excited about more River Song. They would be great riffing off each other.

5. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Well in the name of the Doctor we still don't know how Clara could see River as River pointed out the Doctor as a spoiler. So that connection is still waiting to be revealed.

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought it was related to the shared dream between Clara, River, Vastra and gang. Although, I guess that raises the question of why couldn't Vastra and gang see River.

7. Saul

It would also seem rather pointless to ask the Doctor that question at the end of the episode. Seemed like a set up for something to be revealed later on down the line.

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

River: "I was mentally linked with Clara. If she's really dead, how can I be here?"

The obvious answer is, "Because Clara isn't really dead."

9. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I've always been around...

10. Saul

She says "spoilers" after that. Not much of a spoiler if he saves Clara a minute later.

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

To be fair, she says "spoilers" a lot. :p

12. chelly

chelly Commander Red Shirt

At this point it is probably foreplay for them. ;)

13. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Could River have been a mother before going to the library and the Doctor has another daughter or son running around out there somewhere?
    Maybe that is the Spoiler?

14. chelly

chelly Commander Red Shirt

I can't see River getting pregnant, she is way to smart to make any mistakes. For one thing she wouldn't know if the silence or kavorian would try the kidnapping and make their own killer again. (Kavorian doesn't come across as a very bright villian). What did she expect would happen when she went after the Doctor's companion (he still went to Trenzalore). And really any of his enemies would have told her that he wouldn't have brought the time lords back. (he would be the last person who would want that war to return)

Also we don't know if Kavorian did the same thing to adult River that she did to Amy.

Two if you take in the fact that she regenerated into an older woman I would think everything inside and outside would match in age. Matter in fact Alex Kingston was born in 63, and take into account that her first episode aired about 4 years ago so she was in her mid 40's.

15. Timelord Victorious

but she also said, that she would age slightly backwards just to mess with people. ;)

And a 51st century woman surely would be capable of having children in her 40s.

16. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

She did seem to be very familiar with the Doctor's old crib and was looking at it fondly. I assumed that she and the Doctor had a child at some point in her past. It didn't seem likely that she would have that reaction to it if she had only been placed in it once as an infant, which really wasn't her but a ganger copy.

17. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Especially considering human males are can get pregnant in the 51st century.

18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Heck women in the 21st Century can have children in their 40s!

19. Timelord Victorious

Yeah, my mum for example... healthy girl, just had her 18th birthday, so that even happened in the 20th century!!! :)