If you don't think Nemesis is better than Star trek 2009....

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by trek_futurist, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasuPu'a

MasuPu'a Lieutenant Red Shirt

Obvious troll is obvious...I guess I had nothing better to do tonight then to feed a troll. :p

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

The iPad has cost me many hours of sleep. :rofl:

3. trek_futurist

trek_futurist Lieutenant Commander

The ratings of TNG were much higher than TOS or any of the other shows, which is why it survived 7 seasons, and it was arguably the most philosophically and scientifically challenging trek incarnation ever. VOY and DS9 lasted 7 seasons as well. ENT lasted only 4 because it attempted to make it more accessible to the masses. The 2009 thing 'succeeded' financially because it was marketed to the masses as a generic summer blockbuster and nothing more. The star trek affiliation was in namesake only. It did not succeed as a star trek movie, but as an abstract object called a summer blockbuster. This is the very first time this can be said of a star trek film. Despite TWOK's success, it still succeeded as a star trek film.

4. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

He/she/it had no credibility from the moment of the original post. This is the kind of person who's only interested in proving themselves to be "right" rather than being factually correct, and will pick through any post to find a few poorly chosen words to try to twist around.

I'm adding a new name to my ignore list. I suggest others do as well.

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

It succeeded as Star Trek the moment nerds like us started staying up all night arguing about it. The tradition proudly continues. :lol:

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

When the next movie comes out, I'm going to make a point to pay extra attention to its use of scientific theories (but only if they're grounded in general relativity!) and morals.

7. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

As for me, I'm going to start using more exclamation marks and assert my dominance by calling strong black women 'whores'.

8. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I am shutting this thread down. CLANG! Good night, everybody.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.