What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. chineserapper05

chineserapper05 Captain Captain

playing the original starcraft again. i tried playing the starcraft 1 mod for starcraft 2. same missions, but just not the same =/

2. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I just got Mass Effect 2 new for the PS3 for £9.99, which also came with 6 hours of DLC........talk about a bargin.

Oh and the game plays and looks just amazing, what a job they did on this version.

3. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hard Corps Uprising on Xbox 360. Also still trying to beat Ninja Gaiden 3 occasionally on the NES emulator. Can make it to Act 7 with all my continues (and more lives than I started with for that matter), but I need a few more cracks at it.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Tried to start up a new playthrough of the Black Ops campaign as I still had some achievements left to pick up, but...blegh.

The campaign itself is fine, but Treyarch's version of the CoD engine is just so awful and clunky. I can't believe how bad it plays compared to Infinity Ward's games.

5. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I've been playing the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta since it was released a few days ago.

6. Skywalker

Gah! Why didn't anybody tell me this? Is it an open beta?

7. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ It's only available to PS+ subscribers. Though if your PSN account was created more than two months ago, then you can get PS+ for free for one month.

8. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I went through Blops and then MW2 to get 1000/1000 on both. So I had to play both on Veteran. Now, I'm not saying MW2 wasn't cheap at times... but the sheer volume of places in Blops where you get shredded to bits for having one exposed pixel of your arm hanging out is insane.

I went back to a bit of Blops for multiplayer since the new map pack came out. I wonder what the hell Treyarch is talking about. They said boy Nuketown is a popular map, we want to to give people a similar map that they'll also love. The thing is, Drive-In maybe aesthetically is somewhat like Nuketown, thin walls, retro 50s feel... but that's not the reason Nuketown is popular. Nuketown is popular because it's a small spamfest. Drive-In is comparatively huge, it plays completely differently.

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Somehow I find myself still re-playing Dragon Age 2 plus DLC. Huh.

Didn't see that one coming, really.

10. darthraidr

darthraidr Commodore Commodore

i just started up Mirror's Edge... not sure how long i'll stick with it. it's a frustrating game. I'm sure once you know how to get through a level, it's fun. but on a first play through, it's very rough.

it feels like they had no focus groups play the game, and the developers never took a step back to consider the first time experience, or really question crucial design choices (like does it really have to be in First Person?)

11. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Yeah. Like, there is a reason first person platforming has been bred out of the FPS genre. Newsflash: It fucking sucks. :guffaw:

12. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have been playing Champions Online and Battlefield - Heroes mostly now:)
    CO is actually the first MMORPG I have played and I like it so far, though my computer does not run it with pretty graphics but at least it runs well enough.
    I also played the trial version of City of Heroes for some time.

13. Skywalker

Yeah, I've had my PSN account since '09, and I haven't taken advantage of that free month of PS+ yet.

Looks like now's a good time to do so. :D

14. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I would do it soon as the ability to claim that 30 days free PS+ runs out tommorrow....3/7/2011.

15. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Infamous 2. Tried one of the UGC missions, which was by Sucker Punch. It was okay but it is weird for Cole to suddenly not to have a voice. Turned it off for now.

Also spotted CoD: Black Ops for cheap, so I'm thinking of getting that since I've managed to lose my copy of MW2...it has simply disappeared from my house somehow. I don't do multiplayer so how does its campaign and challenges stack up against MW2?

16. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just picked up Red Star for the PS2. It's a strange hybrid between a shmup and a beat 'em up (so Double Dragon crossed with Gradius) and it does it surprisingly well. I haven't had this much fun with a game in a while.

17. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

I've played a bit of inFamous since it was one of the freebies from the PSN.

And I just wasted an entire evening trying to "kill" George in the Black Ops Zombie "Call of the Dead". And I came so damn close so many times. Three times I had him almost down, had the right weapons to finish the job and... some bastard zombie would put me down then I'd make a mad dash for a quick revive or jugger-nog and... some bastard zombie would put me down again either just before or just after getting there.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm thinking about getting DC Universe vs Mortal Kombat, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions or Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2. Which would you guys recommend? I'm in the good for a good comic book game for PS3, and I've already played Batman: Arkham Asylum.

19. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

A friend of mine and I played a fair amount of DC vs MK. It was fun at first but then got quite boring quite quickly.

20. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm on the final mission on Operation Flashpoint: Red River. The problem is, Double XP on Black Ops is consuming all my gaming time this weekend. Just coming to the end of my 13th prestige level. Only 2 more to go.