What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. unimatrix7

unimatrix7 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes but as a fan of the series since the first title was localised on PS2, it's the kind of thing I want people to know about, but not too many people :crazy:

SPCTRE likes this.
  2. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

:lol: I can see what you mean

3. guyute03

guyute03 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Currently playing (on Xbox One) Resident Evil Revelations, Forza 7, Star Trek Online, Cuphead... and in the middle of a few Telltale titles.

4. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Mass Effect Andromeda has so much busy work its ridiculous. For all the stuff people said about Dragon Age: Inquisition, a lot of it justified, ME:A is so much worse. I'm especially pissed right now because a generic random quest ended in an unbelievably tedious boss fight against something called a Remnant Architect. There was nothing in this quest to think it would end in anything unique, but I ended up spending 15 minutes fighting a boring, bullet sponge boss.

I think I might start being more picky with quests. Sure, the extra XP and "Andromeda Viability Point perks" are nice, but what you actually do in them is generally just a lot of padding. The main quest and companion quests will always be a priority, I might just stop doing all the assignments and just stick with ones that sound especially interesting. If I don't I won't be done with Andromeda until October of next year, and the game is nowhere near compelling enough for that.

5. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

don't say I didn't warn you :p

6. kirk55555

There's "reminiscent" of DA:I then there is taking the worst parts of DA:I and turning it up to 11. I do keep my spirits up by remembering that EA disbanded the ME:A team and they'll never get to make another half assed game based on a great franchise. I mean, the individual people from the team might, but as a unit they won't. Now if only EA would stop giving Bioware's main team the Visceral treatment and have them make RPGs and not shooters like they're doing right now :(

As for the game itself, its not terrible but its definitely a black mark on the franchise. So much half assed stuff, and so much generic, boring side quests that are obviously just there to pad out the time it takes to beat the game. I actually think the main story is ok, and the combat, while inferior to ME 2/3, is fine. Its definitely not a game I'll be coming back to very much though, and I might just drop the difficulty down to easy and rush through it. I have a bunch of games to play right now, and I think stuff like Fallout 4 and Uncharted 4 would be a lot more fulfilling experiences.

7. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I enjoyed ME:A, though I had to return the rental really because of a hospital appointment and a week away. I look forward to completing it when they add it to EA Access next month. I kinda feel like a fun at the whole series might be in order, Dead Space trilogy too.

Currently playing Assassin's Creed the Ezio Collection. About half way through AC2. I originally thought they hadn't don't much to update the graphics... So I downloaded the original...

[​IMG]
    Vs update

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    unimatrix7 likes this.
  8. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I never could get through Assassin's Creed 2 (the only Asscreed game I've ever played). It was a good enough game to begin with but about half way through (I think!?) I lost interest in the story and the gameplay just felt increasingly repetitive.

9. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Heh, good timing. I've actually just finished AC2 for the first time and now I'm playing through Brotherhood. I guess I didn't enjoy AC2 as much as I thought I would, given the buzz it had. The original release, anyway, doesn't feel quite as alive as the original game, and somehow ends up feeling murkier, with drab colours and poor lighting, almost as if you're constantly looking through a dirty lens. I guess they must have pushed the potential of the original engine and had to sacrifice some sharpness? Dunno. But Brotherhood is a huge improvement in the graphics department. Amazing just what a few years can make. Everything just looks so much more colourful and sharper, and the controls feel more responsive.

AC2? Something about the story didn't click with me. I liked the first game much better. Your main antagonist is literally there the whole time, so you feel more of a personal connection. Compare that to AC2 where you only get to your antagonist at the very end. The targets you assassinate in AC2 feel more random too. Didn't feel they were thematically connected very well compared to the first game.

10. Bob The Skutter

Funny you should say that. I was commenting on it as I was playing and it was basically 'So I save one of the Medici and now I have to kill this guy, for some reason?'

11. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Graphically, AC2's and Brotherhood's open worlds were taxing the power of the Xbox 360 - i.e. the lead console dev platform at the time - very heavily, that is why you get the foggy draw distance.

12. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I quite liked the three Ezio AC games. But Black Flag is definitely my favourite. I also really enjoyed Syndicate.

Rincewiend likes this.
  13. Bob The Skutter

Yeah, but my memory was playing tricks. I remembered them being more graphically impressive, to the point I thought the Xbone version was only slightly improved.

14. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Oh I get that, I was saying at the time, it was quite impressive

Bob The Skutter likes this.
  15. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it was weird. In the first game, all your targets made some logical sense, but in AC2 I kept wondering, "why him?" They felt more inconsequential as a result. The game also more or less gives the explanation that these have to happen in order to get your antagonist out of hiding. But if you know who the you're gearing up for, one would know that he wouldn't care if those targets get killed. That's one thing I feel further games in the series improved upon. The targets made more sense in the grand scheme of things, and more plot-oriented. The funny thing is, I feel Brotherhood is more in keeping with the era itself than the main game, and frankly I find Brotherhood's story more interesting. Why didn't they set the main game during Borgia's Reign in the first place? It kind of feels weird that the main game is a lead-up to those events.

16. kirk55555

Got Injustice 2 yesterday and its very fun. A lot of good characters, a decent story mode and the gear system is ok (although the microtransaction stuff isn't great). It seems to have more to do then the first game, which is nice.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm still plugging away on AC: Syndicate and Mad Max. I'm almost done with MM, I've finished all the camps, so all I have left now is to finish clearing out the snipers, minefields, and scarecrows, and getting the last 20ish history relics. I was waiting to do the final mission until I have all of that stuff. The only thing I'm not going for right now is the cars, I haven't been collecting them and I don't feel like trying to track them all down now. I have been taking some I come across on my travels, but I'm not going to go out of my way for them.
    I finally went back to AC:S the last couple days after not playing for weeks. I really love that one, I think it's probably one of my favorite games in the series. One thing is confusing me though, it keeps telling me I have a mission on the train, but I can't find where to start it, and according to me progress tracker I've completed all of the train memories. If it matters, whenever I go on the train with Jacob he says there's a letter of him.

18. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I started playing Shadow of War yesterday.

19. Bob The Skutter

Started Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice last night. Bought it last week when the Devs announced all profits from sales on world mental health Day would be donated to ReThink.

Really interesting so far. As a mental health professional Kathy was interested in seeing it and We're both agreed the 'this is a game so you must fight actual demons' bit of it is the least interesting bit and gets in the way of some interesting storytelling. But overall it's a very effective game and interesting to see psychosis tackled like this in a game.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    SPCTRE likes this.
  20. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

A few days ago i remembered a free to play game called Dreadnought and downloaded it since it was officially released some time ago.

You are the captain of a capital space ship and join a team of other captains to fight an opposing team, much like other FtP games like World of Tanks or Warthunder. You start off with some basic ship and through gained XP points and money after the battle can level up its systems and buy new ships.

I like it a lot since the graphics are awesome (for example when you fire a missile salvo all the missile ports swing open and the missiles streak out one by one, awesome details) and though it's an action game you don't need as fast reflexes as you would with Warthunder (WW2 air combat), it's more about tactics and proper energy management and systems usage,

Progression seems also fast, there's currently 5 tiers of ships and after the weekend and having played about 10-15 games i could have already joined tier 3 if i didn't change focus to try out different ship classes (there's Destroyers - very versatile tactical ship without any real strengths or weaknesses, Artillery cruisers - basically Snipers, Corvettes - fast and agile ships but not very resilient, Frigates - basically Healers and Dreadnoughts - biggest but also slowest ships).