X-Men: Apocalypse announced for May 2016

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Dec 5, 2013.

1. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

They said that wasn't supposed to be Wanda.

2. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

My view on rebooting Phoenix is this: They shouldn't reboot any story already in a movie unless they flat out reboot everything (as opposed to a split timeline). They should start all characters out on the right foot to set up the story if they're trying to do it right.

3. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Plus, for all we know, live-action Peter Maximoff could have a non-klepto sister who earned her way to a prestigious boarding school.

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Haven't they been calling this the end of a trilogy? Disappointed, but not surprised to hear we are losing cast members after this.
    I was wondering how big of a role the young Jean, Cyclops, and Storm would be playing, and Dream's theory sounds pretty likely at this point.

6. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, it's not as though it's a tough role to recast... though maybe she'll be offed, furthering the Mags/Wheels divide, and giving the Second Class a bigger share of the spotlight?

7. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Given how high J-Law's profile has raised since she was cast in FC, I'm pleasantly surprised that she's stuck around for 3 movies. Plus let's face it, in terms of continuity, a character who spends most of her time under blue make up or prosthetics and changing appearance isn't going to be the hardest to recast or explain away their new appearance.

8. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

She almost certainly wouldn't have done Days of Future Past or Apocalypse if she hadn't signed a three-picture deal back in 2010, when she was a 20-year-old unknown.

9. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Yep. I believe she signed that deal before signing on for Katniss also.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Well, at least now Mystique won't bizarrely be so much more important to the X-Men universe than she became when Lawrence hit the big time.

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, if it were up to him, he'd play Wolverine forever. He loves the character.

12. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

She signed for The Hunger Games about a month and change before First Class was released in theaters. After Hunger Games made her a star, she started making noise about not wanting to continue with her X-Men contract.

13. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

Mystique had already been elevated quite a bit in profile in FC, before Lawrence was a big name. Her increased role in DOFP, while no doubt aided by her stardom, also flowed fairly naturally from what the earlier film had already established.

14. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

15. Alidar Jarok

Have to say, Jubilee was unexpected.

16. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

17. Alidar Jarok

Eh, I really think they're going to go handwavy and pretend that the timeline split changes everything going forward, even the ages of characters who should logically have already been born. To me, the thing that's weird is that Jubilee always came off to me as significantly younger than everyone else and only introduced after the main group (which, in this case, means the Chris Claremont reboot team) was already established.

18. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I rather think the 'The Wolverine' sequel will be his last solo outing. AoA may be his last full X movie, but there will probably be another after the solo movie.

After that I doubt he'll retire, but I think it'll be more or less cameo's in X movies, or at least parts that don't involve lots of training and getting 'cut'. He'll be over 50 by then and getting too old for that sh!t...

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if this means she'll be more than just a background character this time.
    She was a teenager and student of the Cyclops/Storm/Jean Grey generation in the first three. Depending on how her role here plays out, maybe that could be explained away as being her daughter or something like that.

20. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral