Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's nice that the Krypton opening is made to so closely resemble the Brando/York version, at least in the trailer.

2. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

Anyone notice that it said LEXCORPS on the building?

[​IMG]

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yep. Exactly as I mentioned. We'll at the very least see the building and Lex will be a "presence" if not shown.

4. Dr.H

Dr.H Lieutenant Red Shirt

I know they can't do it because it's mainstream film but kinda wish they made the Kryptonian's speak a fictional language instead of the same ol' British accents. I know it would turn people off, but personally it would have been cool to see that because it could add much more believability to the world.

5. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

Depending on how long the Kryptonian scenes are it would have been nice to have them speak in an alien language and use subtitles.

Then again you would have to explain why Zod can speak English.

6. Admiral_Young

They have created a new Kryptonian language for the film, that was used for the countdown to the viral message I believe, we could still see that used in graphics and what not, but yeah it would be cool to see them speak it lol.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, amazing trailer. The other trailers looked really good before, but this one blew me away. I'd say it was the best trailer I've seen so far this year for any movie, and if the movie is as good as the trailer makes it look I could easily see it very quickly becoming a favorite for me.

8. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love the new trailer too. Cavill is a great "find" for Man of Steel. I didn't know what to make of him a year ago.

9. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

All Star Superman panel.

[​IMG]

10. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Great trailer! :techman:

11. Shilliam Watner

Shilliam Watner Commander

In the opening of the trailer, was that a battle scene on Krypton? The landscape didn't look frozen like it should be.

12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Like it should be???

13. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

It looks moderately the same (but better) than the standard superhero origin story...

14. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Awesome trailer. MoS and STID's trailers delivered a knockout blow to me today.

15. Jimi_James

Jimi_James Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I was already excited for this, which is saying a lot because I'm not much of a Superman fan. None of the films, shows, or comics have really done much for me, but this looks really good. It finally looks like the Supes I've been waiting to see, much in the same way Batman Begins was the Batman film I had been waiting for.
    With this latest trailer, I'm easily more excited for this than I am Star Trek.

I'm trying to track down the music used in this one, so if anyone comes across it, can you let me know. I'd really appreciate it.

It's likely a long shot at best, but I'm really hoping there is some sort of Dark Knight cameo at the end of this hinting at the beginning of the Justice League. Like I said, it's probably a long shot, but my fingers are crossed.

16. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The music is from Hans Zimmer's score for MoS, so you'll probably have to wait for the soundtrack to come out.

17. Jimi_James

Jimi_James Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Ok, thanks.

18. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Awesome trailer. I liked the little interview scene between Lois and Superman. :lol:

19. Admiral_Young

Krypton doesn't look like a frozen ice world because that was what the Donner'Verse design of it was, and as we've discussed in the thread before Snyder plans on separating the two. This is a brand new continuity, with new designs.

20. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

Why should it be frozen? There's no reason to copy the ice cave and crystal technology stuff the 70s movie came up with.
    They obviously ditched everything of that old outdated crap and that's a good thing, one of Superman Returns' biggest flaws was tying itself to some old movies.