The most advanced stealth tank in the world

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by RAMA, Nov 16, 2013.

1. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-LupA0YkeU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5tzKYwpT1o

The PL-01 concept, direct fire vehicle from Poland. In the videos related to the marketing video, you can see the reduction in heat from it's stealth system makes it disappear much in the same way the Predator does in the 1987 movie. It's not a perfect cloak, but could delay acquisition and targeting enough to get a first strike kill.

RAMA

2. Metryq

Metryq Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I like the modular armor... so that dented fenders can be changed after a battle in the event the tank is not completely destroyed by enemy fire.

So when do tanks actually become obsolete? I realize not all combatants will be at the same technical level, but the PL-01 has stealth for radar and heat signature. If that sort of feature has any meaning to an enemy, surely they'll have other means of spotting the tank—perhaps seismic sensors or some kind of high tech sensor (like synthetic aperture radar from a high speed aircraft, or something on a satellite, LIDAR, whatever).

My point is that this tank is like space battles in sci-fi being conducted with 20th century-style high explosives. For example, a ship loses its force field shielding, yet the very next shot only punches a small hole in their hull, or burns the paint off. Space weapons, like a TREK photon torpedo (later established as antimatter explosives) should snuff out the entire ship in one flash. There's no worry of collateral damage in space where ships are widely separated and each shot can be gross overkill. (That is, unless you're using a weapon like the "Disruptor" from Edmond Hamilton's THE STAR KINGS.)

3. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Looks pretty cool. I'm waiting for the model kit.

What sort of ordnance are those rockety-looking things with the 3-piece shroud that gets jettisoned immediately after firing?

4. Metryq

Draft a CAD model, then send it out to be "3D printed."

5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Looks advanced enough. The German Type 212 fuel cell sub looks to be even more quiet than a nuclear sub.

6. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Dear EA,

I want this in BF5.

KTHXBAI.

7. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

Put flourescent orange highlights on it and you have the tank from the original TRON.

8. Bisz

Bisz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Interesting. Thanks for posting this. :)

9. Bisz

Polish Wikipedia says guided armour piercing rockets.

10. Metryq

The war was going badly, and the new recruit found himself dumped on the front lines right after "basic." The sergeant said, "Things are so bad, we don't have weapons for all of you. Just cock your fingers like a pistol and shout BANG! BANG! Now get your butts out there!"

Out on the field, the private was like a frightened rabbit. Then an enemy soldier came charging at him screaming like a berserker. After wasting a few precious seconds swallowing his heart, the private made pistol fingers and desperately cried out, "BANG!"

The enemy soldier dropped in his tracks!

The private had to try this again, and quickly dispatched another enemy grunt. Laughing like a maniac, the private charged down the field with growing confidence after every "shot."

BANG! BANG!
    BANG! BANG! BANG!

Suddenly, this huge guy came storming over a hill. The private fired at him, but his magic finger had run out. He quickly racked his finger to see if it was jammed, re-cocked his thumb and tried again, "BANG! BANG!"

Still no luck! The private was in a panic now. Did he need to reload?

As the enemy dreadnought trampled over him like a runaway truck, the private heard him grunting, "TANK! TANK! TANK!"

11. Saturn0660

Saturn0660 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Here's a pic of the model I bought of it.. With it's active camp on.

i see

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  12. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Damned Kain....damned Brotherhood of Nod....

13. Bisz

I don't see any lights (per your signature), but what I do see is a cheque with a clearly visible bank account and routing number...