ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Kalen Archer, Nov 10, 2005.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Welcome to the board and the forum! Hope you have fun! :)

2. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Hi. I just joined The Trek BBS. TNG is my favorite Star Trek franchise, but I like Enterprise a lot as well. It's much closer to real life than the TOS or TNG eras, it uses modern special effects, and it's now visible in glorious HD!

3. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

Good morning and welcome, Enterprise1701!

4. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Thank you, jespah.

5. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

Glorious is a wonderful adjective WRT to Enterprise!!

Welcome aboard!!

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

ENT is pretty damn good. Those who don't think it is pretty damn good are wrong.

7. cooleddie74

8. teacake

:: claps wildly ::

9. jespah

/lights lighter and sways a little in solidarity/

Oops, don't wanna singe my fur.

10. Yanks

:lol:

11. T'Polismygirl

T'Polismygirl Ensign Red Shirt

Greetings to all! New user to the forums here.

Long time Trek fan here but new to Enterprise.

TNG was my favorite for the longest. (Lost interest in new trek sometime mid Voyager). Never gave Ent much of a chance when it was new but Netflix gave me the opportunity to check it out with no risk and Wow am I glad I did!!

In T'Pol for the first time Trek featured a deeply flawed character who we got to see struggle with and eventually overcome these flaws to not just survive but to succeed beyond all expectations.

I know Jolene was never happy with the portrayal of T'Pol but for my money the chance to connect with her character on an emotional level never previously experienced in Trek was worth the price.

12. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I think she does much better as the character than some people give her credit for.

13. Yanks

Jolene had a problem with the shallow neropressure sessions etc.

I thought she gave us a wonderful character.

Glad you are enjoying it! Welcome!

Jolene isn't the greatest actor in the world, but she was perfectly cast to play a Vulcan.

14. jespah

Yes, definitely (and that kinda shows in some of the other stuff she's been. Sorry, Jolene). But she absolutely works as a Vulcan.

I also love flawed Vulcans in general. I'm not dissing Spock and the TNG era, please don't misunderstand that, but there were far too many things that pure Vulcans were excellent at. And most of his flaws were due to either his human side or the conflict between the two disparate natures. It was good to see the Vulcans have some faults, prejudices, and issues.

15. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hi folks, I'm new! I was lurking a few years ago, following TheGodBen's epic ENT rewatch thread, came back more recently and thought I should jump in.

As I just posted in another thread, ENT is my favourite Trek series. The size of TrekBBS is pretty intimidating, so I think I'll be sticking around this particular area at least at first. (Apart from maybe posting an ENT fanfic story I was recently inspired to begin.)

If anyone's interested, I've posted ratings and minireviews for all ENT episodes on my Wordpress blog (under the same username). Just select the Star Trek tag...

Re the above discussion, I am a bit of a Vulcan purist, but don't find ENT's pointy-eared angst too objectionable, as I appreciate they are showing how the later culture came to be. The shows set later don't have that excuse!

16. jespah

hai!

/puts out the good china/

17. teacake

ENT was thrilling in giving us actual episodes set on Vulcan and Vulcans as a main race.

Soval is my favorite Vulcan ever, awesome character!

18. cooleddie74

Did you see the "Prelude to Axanar" film on YouTube?
    Soval is still alive and a Federation ambassador about 90 years after the events of Enterprise and it was so great to see Gary in the Soval makeup and costume again. I'm glad they decided to include him in the storyline of the new fan film and have him narrate some of the historical events being depicted. I was hoping that some of the old Enterprise characters might still resurface from time to time in these fan productions.

19. teacake

Yes I did and it was super thrilling!!

20. allstar77

allstar77 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi. This is a little late. I’ve been lurking for a while, and now I’m posting. I’ve been a Star Trek fan as long as I can remember, and the first episode I remember seeing was The Menagerie (don’t remember which part). Talosians scare me to this day! I grew up on Trek reruns and TAS. Along came the movies and TNG. As adulthood became busier, I spent less time with Trek, and barely know DS9, VOY, and ENT as well. The Borg are my favorite bad guys, so I know VOY a little better.

I was in an accident last fall, and still recovering. I took a leave of absence from teaching, and to pass the time I’ve been re-watching Star Trek. I call myself a reborn Treker. Someone here had a viewing order of all Trek in their signature and it’s been my guide. I’m in the middle of season 3 of ENT. ENT could be my favorite incarnation of Trek.

I miss teaching. I love the Trek manuals, and recently read Federation: First 150 Years. I really enjoyed the textbook feel it had. I’m thinking of writing my own series of Starfleet Academy books.

Hit me up, I’d love to talk. Love meeting people, talking, laughing. Like I said, I’ve been around here a while. I’ve read a lot of comments. I really respect a lot of you. Some, though, rub me the wrong way; it’s like making out with a Suliban. I tend to shy away from those who like to overanalyze things, nitpick, or just possess a superior attitude. I avoid confrontations. Debates are fine as long as they’re contained. To quote my favorite TV series, “Just repeat to yourself "It's just a show, I should really just relax.”

Live long and prosper.

Randy