The Void

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by teacake, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    The aliens were probably poisonous to humans. Since they had no qualms about rendering them for fuel, they probably checked to see if they were edible. There's a line about having gone without food for 2-3 weeks, so I'm assuming the aliens must have been toxic.

During noon hour in my local Co-op, you can buy them already baked.

There's a really long fanfic I've been following where Seven's holodeck persona and Chakotay's persona from the WW2 scenario slept together (unknown to either Seven or Chakotay consciously) when the Hirogens invaded the ship. Awhile later, Seven discovered herself pregnant, and the result is an 84-chapter (and counting) fanfic where Seven and Chakotay are married, with a daughter. The latest chapter has them deciding to adopt and raise the Borg baby that everybody on the show forgot about. So now they are married, with children. And the Borg kids.

Dunno if the author will change that to let the Borg kids stay; I actually liked Mezotti and was disappointed when she was written out of the show.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

What's Anika's spirit animal in the fanfiction?

3. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    I don't remember if the author got around to giving her one. Mind you, this author has written quite a few different stories exploring various ways Seven and Chakotay could end up married. There's one where Seven was on a Borg cube that crashed on Chakotay's home planet. Seven was a teenager at the time, and it was Chakotay's father and the healers who figured out how to "de-Borgify" her. When the Cardassians destroyed the colony, both Chakotay and Seven joined the Maquis. It's an interesting twist to the story, and the action is all still pre-"Caretaker". Tom Paris has just joined the ship, and nobody knows Tuvok is a spy.

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Links Timewalker? I just got a kindle and I'm going to take a crack at reading fanfic on it. I've got JRulez's Counting in Time on it now and I'm going to make that my first one. I'm not sure I can go 84 chapters of C/7 though :lol: even though I've been a sorta apologist for that ship.

As to the aliens I'd be surprised if they were edible.

5. Guy Gardener

I use a program called "free natural reader".

My PC reads me fanfiction (and books) in a Stephen Hawking voice.

(I am so lazy.)

None of this dropping my kindle in the bath shit... That sounds dirtier than it should, I just shut my eyes, put my feet up and let the experience roll over my day and smooth out all the wrinkles.

6. teacake

I wanted one for uploading fanfic and other online stuff and so I can stop lugging around tomes. I'm not sure I could stand to have someone talking to me like that, SILENCE there is never enough silence. Also a kindle looks just like a padd so it aids my living in a fantasy world, LOL

7. Guy Gardener

If you were rich, you could just hire beautiful people to read to you in their underwear.

As long as all they do is read, it's only weird, not gross.

8. teacake

I don't need beautiful people standing around in their underwear in front of me making me feel flabby. Even if I have paid for them.

I will hire robots. Those Japanese robots that look like anime girls. That way I can enjoy the beauty and the fantasy. I will program them so they all read in Kate Mulgrew's voice.

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Not these kind of robots then? :(

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQbjC82x3Rg[/yt]

10. Guy Gardener

I think the engineers that made katey Perry did a better job.

11. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

The ones who created Summer Glau did a fair job too.

:)

12. Guy Gardener

I always found that one looking like you'd just slapped her with a fish.

A comically Gallaghar sized fish.

And... I'm struggling to remember a time she wasn't cast as a socially awkward crazy person... Well, there was the episode of Big bang theory, but she was playing herself.