Will Fringe bow out with a fifth season?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Joe Washington, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Some good news

They may get the 5th season but that's all the luck they'll get.

No 11th hour save after 5th season.

They need to wrap things up in the 5th season

2. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just hope it comes to netflix so I can watch it from the begining.

3. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

It's already available on Netflix. They have DVD and Blu-Ray from all three completed seasons.

4. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wish it was for streaming I don't do there dvd's it's an extra 8 buck's I don't have.

5. JRoss

JRoss Commodore Commodore

It needs to end. I have this feeling that somehow Blue and Orange are going to merge, what with Orange Olivia now being Blue Olivia, too. That way we won't quite lose all of the characterization that's been going on, but find a way for people to be happy again.

6. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Cool. I would be happy with that. We'll see how this plays itself out.

:bolian:

7. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's exactly what I think is going to happen.

8. TremblingBluStar

TremblingBluStar Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sure they are going for a way to merge the universes. After all, the "orange" one is how things were supposed to be, had Walter not stolen Peter.

I have mixed feelings about Fringe. While I love the characters and the overall story arc, the one off, X-Files rip-off creature features got old quickly. The next time a television executive pitches a story with "FBI Agent deals with the supernatural" I hope he's tossed out on his ass. :)

I used to be pretty irritated with the show's writers lack of even a basic understanding of science, but I've gotten over it.

9. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

I thought Walter still steals red universe Peter, but the Observer doesn't save Peter from drowning in the orange universe lake, which is why the older version of Peter supposedly reappears in the same lake.

...and yes, you've got to ignore the bad science - a given for nearly all TV and movie sci-fi in any case - but the clue is in the name Fringe. I well remember all the nutty ideas that were floating around in the 70's.

Frankly, I'm surprised Fringe has managed to last four seasons. I had put it down to Anna Torv being James Murdoch's cousin, but that's just me being very silly.

10. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe whatever season 5 it gets will be just to get it over 100 episodes. That would only be around what 12-13 episodes?

11. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

I think everything will merge into a plaid universe where Kurt Cobain is still alive and president of the USA.

12. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

I keep hoping William Bell will show up again just to off-handedly mention hosting a documentary series in the late 70s.

13. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nah, they'll finally return to the Demolition Man universe.