An Idea For A Game/Project

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Michael, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome panel there thomas the cat. Really tied the story together there.

:techman:

2. Ampris

Ampris Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Wait, I'm here! I only remembered this morning that my turn was coming up, but I'm here. I can go after NCC-1701, though, whatever's easiest for y'all.

But WOAH, the bar has really been set high this time. :eek: I agree, awesome job bringing it all together and moving things along at the same time. And I love your style, too. Very cool! Intimidating, but cool! :lol:

And since for some reason I can't find the post I thought I made last time, after I posted, I wanna thank you now for the kind words about my page. Really appreciated that. (And I'll try to make some more posts so you can PM me next time. Sorry! It's a little hard moving out of lurker mode. :alienblush:)

3. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks. Color me jealous. I've got to get me a tablet.

4. Starscape

Starscape Commodore Fan Art Challenge Winner

Good to have you back. I've PM'ed NCC-1701 and he's set to begin the next panel. So, the fairest thing is have you follow NCC-1701.

Keeping checking this thread for updates Ampris, if all goes to plan it'll be your turn this time next week, okay?

Here's the rearranged big list:

[01.] NCC-1701
    [02.] ThomastheCat
    [03.] Ptrope
    [04.] PlanetMudd
    [05.] Vektor
    [06.] Redfern
    [07.] Masao
    [08.] Venardhi
    [09.] Starscape
    [10.] jon1701
    [11.] Klondike307
    [12.] ThomastheCat +
    [13.] NCC-1701 +
    [14.] Venardhi +
    [15.] Ptrope +
    [16.] Redfern +
    [17.] Starscape +
    [18.] Ampris
    [19.] Masao +
    [20.] Ptrope ++
    [21.] Venardhi ++
    [22.] ThomastheCat ++[highlight]
    [23.] NCC-1701[/highlight] ++[highlight]
    [24.] Ampris[/highlight] +[highlight]
    [25.] Starscape[/highlight] ++[highlight]
    [26.] Venardhi[/highlight] +++[highlight]
    [27.] Ptrope[/highlight] +++[highlight]
    [27.] Joaqin[/highlight][highlight]
    [28.] ThomastheCat[/highlight] +++

+ = 2nd panel
    ++ = 3rd panel
    +++ = 4th panel

5. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

I'm really sorry, guys, but I will need some more days. My parents visited me over the weekend, so I didn't really find the time. I just wanted to let you know, that I'm still working on it. I will keep posting about my progress.

And by the way, Thomas, that's one awesome panel! It really blew me away and I couldn't imagine a tougher act to follow. I will try my best. :)

Also, thanks to Starscape, who does a wonderful job moderating this project while I'm away. You are a true friend. :bolian:

6. ThomastheCat

ThomastheCat Captain Captain

Awww shucks! I am glad you liked it, and I am really glad you got this whole thing started in the first place. I am eagerly awaiting the next act in the story!

7. Starscape

I think we can afford to be lenient with you... especially since this whole project was your idea. ;)

Looking forward to your panel. :techman:

:alienblush:

8. Starscape

How's your panel coming along, NCC-1701? ;)

9. Michael

:( Slowly. But I haven't forgotten about it and am still working on the drawings. I find it quite hard to write good English dialogue (as German is my mother tongue). So there's another reason why I take so long. Sorry. Please be patient with me.

10. Joaqin

Joaqin Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Can someone email me when it is my turn? I don't want to have to check this thread every other day...

davidfromberg - at - gmail - com

thanks! :bolian:

11. Michael

:( Sorry, guys, but I still need more time ...

Just kidding! :p I just posted the new panel here. I'm very sorry for the delay. I take really long to do shit.

Now who recognizes the drawing style I was trying to emulate/shamelessly imitate?

Okay, I will try to remember sending you a mail. :)

Which reminds me ... I'll send a PM to Ampris, as he's the next on the list ...

EDIT: Okay, PMs don't seem to be enabled for Ampris yet. Let's hope he sees the thread then.

12. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Coming over to this thread, I was meaning to ask if there had been some Charles Addams in the mix.

13. ThomastheCat

Dun dun dun!!!! Great twist, NCC-1701. I know I've seen that art style before but I can't assign a name to it. But anyway, another great panel!

14. Michael

Yeah, I can see why you'd think that. There are some similarities. But no, I was more or less trying to make this panel look like a classic Fritz The Cat strip by Robert Crump. I think it is most apparent in the way I drew the woman. ;)

Thank you so much. Coming from you that means much to me. :)

15. M'Sharak

I did also get a sense of R. Crumb's style there, especially in the last frame. However, I'm not that familiar with Fritz the Cat, specifically, which differs in aspects from some of his other work. Fritz's death scene (Crumb's reaction to the movie, which was made without his cooperation, though accounts differ) is closer to his more customary style.

(I'm also wondering whether this might have got in, just a little.)

16. Michael

:eek: Wow, you scare me! The third frame is meant to be an homage to that very scene from TAS. I didn't think someone would actually notice.

17. M'Sharak

I knew that there was something familiar about the pose and I happened across that shot this morning while looking for the source of another image. I'm thinking someone may have used the TAS Spock cap as an avatar some time ago.

18. ThomastheCat

I actually noticed that too. I was going to put in a similar reference in my panel, but ultimately decided it was easier to just draw Spock's giant melon. :)

19. Starscape

Good one, NCC-1701! The expressions on the characters faces are great! :bolian:

20. Ampris

Ampris Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Another great panel, NCC-7101! Man, all the art here is so cool, guys; I'll have to try pretty hard to keep it on the same level with my next panel. (Which shouldn't take too much longer... maybe a few days, with classes and such.)