Slings and Arrows

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by dispatcher812, Jan 13, 2009.

1. dispatcher812

dispatcher812 Commander Red Shirt

I was looking at the available and not available books at simonsays.com and I came across the series Slings and Arrows. Is this just an e-book?

2. ronny

ronny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's a series of 6 ebooks:

http://startrek.wikia.com/wiki/Slings_and_Arrows

It's not available in dead tree form. It's not on the 2009 schedule and I haven't even seen a hint that it's going to be available in 2010. In fact based on how other trade paperbacks have been pushed back I would guess 2011 at the earliest. If we're lucky...

3. dispatcher812

But according to the simonsays website, the last book was published, if you will, in March of 08. Are they going to make it a paperback? If not, how does e-books work? What special program is needed to read it?

4. William Leisner

William Leisner Scribbler Rear Admiral

That's right. The last of the six parts was released ten months ago.

As ronny just told you, it's not yet on the schedule for a paperback release, and probably won't be until 2011 at the earliest (and noting that 2012 will be TNG's 25th anniversary, I woudn't be surprised if we waited until then).

There are a number of programs you can download free to your computer, which you can use to read ebooks in that particular format. Check the ebook sales page at simonsays for details.

5. dispatcher812

As ronny just told you, it's not yet on the schedule for a paperback release, and probably won't be until 2011 at the earliest (and noting that 2012 will be TNG's 25th anniversary, I woudn't be surprised if we waited until then).

I was not sure if that was what he was saying, but thank you.

William, sorry for not quoting this right, never needed to quote before.