Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 2, 2010.

1. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

That is kinda ironic.

Also, I love that MTV interviewer. He always sneaks in nerdy questions like that. Gotta love him. I hope he sticks around.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love Emma. I for one am glad that they're using the web-shooters. They were my favorite thing about Spider-Man when I was a kid and desperately wanted to have a pair. Not those shoddy toy ones but the real web-shooters lol.

3. Trent Roman

Trent Roman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ultimate Spider-Man has mechanical web-shooters as well, though the teenage-super-genius-inventing-web-fluid-in-his-attic aspect of it is mitigated insofar as he's adapting one of his father's old inventions. As far as I know, the only time Spider-Man has had organic webshooters in the comics were a brief period with the main-universe character (whose creative decisions were soon ignored), and the occasional alt-universe story like "1602".

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman

4. Admiral_Young

^ I believe that is what captaindemotion was referring to...that this version of the film is playing up to aspects of Ultimate Spider-Man which uses web-shooters. The event you are referring to was "The Other" where Peter gains organic web-shooter's and spider "pincers" that extracted out of his wrists.

5. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

6. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Glad to see it's a Daily Bugle van and not 'The DB'.

7. Admiral_Young

Well they can use The Daily Bugle now since The DB no longer exists after Jonah restored the Daily Bugle and gave the deed over to Robbie...rather begrudgingly. I like the shot of the truck. My guess is that is a stunt Spidey running which is why he appears to be wearing a different costume lol.

8. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

9. O'Dib

O'Dib Commodore Commodore

I can't really tell, but it seemed like the red spider on the back is more prominent, like in the comics.

10. Samurai8472

I have a feeling the eyes will resemble these

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Trevacious

Trevacious Captain Captain

From the blurry video cap, they're closer to Romita / Romita Jr eyes.

12. JacksonArcher

Apparently J. Jonah Jameson won't appear in this film.

13. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

14. Admiral_Young

I just saw the story about JJJ not appearing. That's too bad. Perhaps he'll be cast for the second film...perhaps my theory of an ongoing arc through the trilogy is true.

15. Captaindemotion

Curses. Spider-powered curses.

Perhaps they want to leave it as long as possible before someone else has to replace JK Simmons pitch-perfect performance.

16. JacksonArcher

Yeah, I wouldn't want to be the one to replace J.K. Simmons, either. It could have been a similar scenario like with Thunderbolt Ross and the Hulk movies. Sam Elliot (who was ironically at one point or another rumored to be J. Jonah Jameson in this reboot) was pitch-perfect in Ang Lee's Hulk and while William Hurt was a decent replacement in The Incredible Hulk, he still wasn't as good as Elliot's portrayal.

17. Captaindemotion

^ And even then, it wasn't really like people raved all that much about Sam's performance. Don't get me wrong, he was excellent, as always. But Hulk was such a mess that no-one really raved about any of the performances. Whereas everyone seemed to love Simmons' JJJ, thus making it even harder to fill his moustache and flattop.

18. Admiral_Young

Simmons performance as Old Flattop was perfect. I guess if the first movie is about Peter in high school then they're going in a different direction with his job...or maybe he doesn't have one. Who knows. Harry and Norman are both absent in this movie too.

19. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

in Ultimate he still works at the Bugle, as a web intern.

maybe they're skipping to his thrilling career at Burger Frog...

20. Samurai8472

The second movie should have him soon or already graduated from high school.

The subplot is Peter looking for work maybe at OSCORP as an intern or the Daily bugle.