‘Star Trek 3′: Roberto Orci Wants to Direct

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by HaplessCrewman, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's funny, you seem to have quite a bit of trouble with people not getting your points.

At some point, one must consider the lowest-common-denominator.

You didn't like the movie and are performing quite an impressive feat of mental gymnastics to try and turn something subjective into something objective.

It's not working. Try not to be a dick about it.

2. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

Being desperately determined to avoid getting them will do that. As you of course well know. ;)

Don't get me wrong. I get that people don't want to admit that statements of fact can be made about a text when they don't like the statement involved. But that's a very situational form of blindness in which most people most of the time do not (quite correctly) believe, since confusing the fact of subjectivity with the belief that nothing factual can ever be stated about a text is obviously silly. It's a form of silliness that generally only becomes convenient when a text that one is committed to defending as sacred comes in for "attack" or (in my case) relatively mild partial unenthusiasm.

3. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Closing, while everyone takes a moment to remember which forum this is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.