What happened with Kes and Neelix?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by SignGuyHPW, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Kes had her chance and she spurned him, so in the context of ancient fairy tales, she refused to kiss her frog prince and her fate was deserved. Neelix is an example of how kissassers rise to high places.

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Neelix, but he got an amazing send off compared to "I'm traveling back in time to kill my friends" Kes. :p

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

He didn't rise high.

He went to live with inbred morons living under a rock who thought he was a god.

Which is exactly the nature of his relaitonship with Kes in the beginning before she grew up..

4. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Neelix should've stayed with them until they got to the Alpha Quadrant. Then he could've become King of the Pakleds.

5. Melakon

I really didn't understand the reasoning of writing Neelix out of the show so that he misses the big finish. It could have been the beginning of an entirely new adventure for him as an explorer. But by that time, the only growth they were worried about was Seven's.

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

What would he have done on earth?

Hung around the Starfleet HQ cafeteria wittering on about about the Delta Quadrant to whoever would listen?

7. MakeshiftPython

MakeshiftPython Commodore Commodore

Don't want to know what happened with Neelix and Kes. Why give yourself nightmares about their activity? I rather think about Kes saying my name softly, slowly, "slap my ass, I'm a naughty naughty bitch."

Oh, you mean their RELATIONSHIP? Dunno, don't care. I never got their pairing and I could never understand what their relationship, mainly because Neelix being a shithead.

teacock, your Janeway the Overlord avatars are awesome.

8. LMFAOschwarz

LMFAOschwarz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Was it something about Ethan Phillips as an actor, maybe? I've wondered if someone else might have given Neelix a different 'tone'? It's not like I grew to dislike Neelix...I was tired of him by the third episode! :lol: Mostly, it was his dialogue, though. I just didn't find him interesting, funny or anything. To me, he was to Voyager what Earl Holliman was to Forbidden Planet.

Not too long ago, Ethan Phillips did a voice-over for a Buick Elantra commercial. I noticed the commercial was altered rather quickly. I thought maybe that voice tested badly or something.

I'm not Ethan Phillips bashing, by the way. Just wondering if maybe he wasn't the best choice for the part. :shrug:

9. Melakon

Robert Picardo originally auditioned for Neelix. Imagine what he might have done with it.

10. MakeshiftPython

I like Ethan Phillips, I think he's a very fine actor and when VOY would give him the annual "Serious Neelix" episode, he really delivers. Beyond that, Neelix is just a badly written character and that's not Phillips fault.

11. Melakon

I thought Ethan's best performance was in "Mortal Coil". He really sank his teeth into that one.

12. LMFAOschwarz

LMFAOschwarz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Melakon and Python, you are both so right. I, too, enjoyed his "serious" episodes.

Robert Picardo...wow, that's one to think about!! Even his early-episode line to Kes, "How much dirt do you need?" was so well done!

13. MakeshiftPython

I think I prefer "Fair Trade" where Neelix begins to worry about how much use he'll be if he can't help guide Voyager through the DQ and gets desperate. "Mortal Coil" is very good though, probably his darkest story.

14. teacake

I enjoyed Neelix because Ethan Phillips was so good! An annoyingly humorous character that had real flaws.

15. ZeNd

ZeNd Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Are you on crack?

16. teacake

Well I am sitting down.

17. Guy Gardener

You act like you have a lot of choices.

Women have a crack at the front and the rear.

How often do you teeter on an edge?

18. Guy Gardener

Ethan succeeded in playing an annoying character.

Ethan did his job perfectly.

19. teacake

I am often teetering on the edge of my comfy chair reading this forum. It's just that exciting.

20. Lord Manitou

Lord Manitou Commander Red Shirt

You talk as if you keep both legs together. Even you might be athletic--