The most mediocre episode?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Melakon, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Since there's a preponderance of "isn't X the worst/best episode?" type threads all over this board, it's time to sail into those uncharted regions.

Is there any episode so unmemorable, you can't recall what it was about when you see its name mentioned in a thread?

For me, ironically, it's "Remember". I was looking at a list of all the episode titles and that was the one I had to look up. Also, Voyager got into a real rut for a while with one word titles.

2. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

Night. It's not particularly bad, but it's not really good either, especially for a season opener. If I go a while without watching Voyager, I usually forget what it's about or mistake it for The Void.

3. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I could probably give you a 1 or 2 line synposis of most of TOS, TNG and DSN(i.e 90%). But when it gets to VOY and ENT maybe that would drop to 50% or below.

4. Melakon

For Enterprise, you could say "Archer gets beat up a lot but nothing else much happens for 2 years."

5. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

So this thread is for the episode that is not good, is not particularly terrible, but most embodies the word 'Meh'?

Rise.

6. Melakon

Meh is probably a good word, though I'm from a generation before it came into general use, so don't fully understand the meaning. But that sounds close. An episode so forgettable, it made no impression on you at all.

7. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sacred Ground is another one. Season 3 had a lot of "meh" episodes.

8. U.S.S.Unicorn

U.S.S.Unicorn Ensign Newbie

Displaced. I went through A review guide trying ro see what epidsodes I had no recollection or even a reflexive twitch of the hand and after I was done looking I remembered the title but couldn't even vaguely remember it or the general time it came about.

9. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well we do tend to remember the best and the awful. For those that are sort of so-so as you say it makes no lasting impression.

10. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

as much as I absoluely love Voyager I think most of the first two and a half seasons were meh.

and I really don't get why people confuse Night with The Void? They're nothing alike. Unless you get confused by the fact that in Night tey refered to themselves as bieng in the Void. But really the two episodes have completely different plots

11. ajac09

ajac09 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

the work force some reason I just didnt like those episodes.

12. dan_bevan

dan_bevan Lieutenant Red Shirt

The worst episode without the shadow of a doubt would have to be Sacred Ground... so boring!!

13. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I can see why the would get confused.

"Night"

Voyager enters a region with no stars

"The Void"

Voyager is sucked into a region with no stars

You could almost swap the titles around and it would make no difference.

14. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

well no, in Night they're just in an area where the light from the stars are blocked. In The Void they are sucked into an entity that has nothing in it but other ships that got sucked in. They are nohing alike

15. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

many episodes that revolve around Kes unfortunately are boring.

16. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

But they are in some respects alike, for whatever reason the episodes are both set in regions of space where stars are not visible. Or would you disagree with that point?

Secondly could the episode titles be switched without adversely affecting them?

Yes the stories the episodes tell are different, no one is denying that.

17. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

you could switch episode titles around in regards to a lot of episodes and it wouldn't affect them that much

18. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Possible true, but you have two episodes set in ares of space where other stars aren't visible (for whatever reason). The episode titles could work on either episode. So is anyone really saying that it is impossible for that someone could get the two episodes confused? If they were asked what each episode was about?

Of course the bigger fans of VOY are less likely to get them mixed up.

19. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

as far as mediocre epsisodes, 11:59 is up there for me. Along with Sacred Ground and that one where Janeway goes on the shuttle mission with those nameless ensigns

20. Mareika

Mareika Captain Captain

It`s interesting. I feel the same about these episodes.
    I would add "Think Thank".

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013