Full Theatrical Trailer with "G.I. Joe 2"

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Devon, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

Yikes! You're making STII out to be Citizen Khan.

It's not.

2. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Obviously it's not a patch on Orson Welles' films such as Chimes at Midnight, Othello, Lady From Shanghai, Citizen Kane, Touch of Evil or F For Fake but it's still a very good adventure movie.

Wrath of Khan is a smart action film. It isn't loud or obnoxious and has just enough depth to get you hooked in to the story. Nicholas Meyer really understood how to make a great blockbuster with both his Star Trek films.

3. KirkianLogic

KirkianLogic Ensign Newbie

GI Joe and Oz the Great?! Ugh.

Actually, Khan was mad at Kirk for killing -- however indirectly -- his wife. I'd say that is a good enough reason to hold a grudge for ten+ years.

Nero was just.... deluded and mad. And a bad actor to boot. ;)

Please don't compare STII to STVI.

Just remember, STVI gave us Uhura trying to speak Klingonese with help from a dictionary. I think Meyer's Trek prowess is vastly overestimated by fans with TUC.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
  4. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

He should have been fired from the set of Star Trek 2009 for this line delivery alone. Eric Bana has given superb performances in other films though.

I see Star Trek VI as a major return to form after the lightweight casual-orientated Voyage Home and fun yet utter mess of Final Frontier.

5. KirkianLogic

^LOL! Are there more YT vids that pull dialogue and scenes out like that from JJTrek-2009? If so, link me, please :)

6. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

KirkianLogic, please try not to post more than twice in a row in a given thread.

For responding to several people at once, you can click the Multi-Quote ( [​IMG] ) button on each post and then click Reply - the board software will combine them into a single post. (I'll fix this one for you. :) )

7. KirkianLogic

Oh, I didn't know that. Sorry... and thanks :)

8. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am not thrilled at GIJ2 being the film the first full trailer is attaching to because I have absolutely no dream, hope or desire to see this one theatrically.

Oh well, it'll be on the netz soon enough.

9. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Bootleg phone cam recordings on youtube are part of the experience!:)