My Janeway costume

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by firecrackerrrr, Oct 18, 2010.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sexy Vampire Firecrackerrrr!:D

Good luck getting zombified and "Phaged". If it all goes horribly wrong (it won't!), grab some fangs, splash some blood and be Vampire Janeway.

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Vampire Janeway! FTW!!! :lol:

3. sevenstars

sevenstars Captain Captain

I'm glad you didn't go with the corset, just because I think that beautiful costume deserves to debut all on its own.

If you still want a bun, can't you get, what do they call it, a rat? I think that's how Victorian ladies did it half the time, anyway. And I wore contacts an awfully long time ago, but I seem to remember something about being very careful around toxic/irritating fumes-- that they can trap/concentrate them, or something?

4. froot

froot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens
    Oh please tell us we'll see final pictures! I wanted to be zombie!Janeway so badly this year :) I was further disappointed/jealous when I saw a whole away team of TOS zombies at the pub crawl, complete with dead redshirts! bawwwwww

Those contacts look fantastico. And agreed on the corset - it would make the bottom half of the square-cut uniform look kinda funny.

They make these little fake blood tablets you can bite to make your mouth/chin bloody. Dunno if that would be applicable.

5. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Damn, I can't quite put my finger on it, but those contacts creep the hell out of me. :wtf:

6. firecrackerrrr

firecrackerrrr Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I know but it won't work on my hair. It's too short and I've decided to go with a messy bob anyway. I would totally do it if I had my long hair from A MONTH AGO urgh. I like the new 'do but I should've kept it for another month.

Of course! I'll definitely take photos of that whole night. It'll be pretty damn crazy. I bought so many extra supplies. Also last night I put the contacts in and kept them in for 6 hours. I needed to make sure my eyes won't get irritated. I didn't even feel them, they're fantastic! I'm so damn excited :D :D :D

Mwahahhahahah I went to my friends' place and we were pumpkin carving. Actually read that as: *I* was carving everyone's pumpkins cause everyone was afraid to mess it up. I've never done it before either!!! Urgh. Anyway, so I stayed inside carving while my friends went outside to decorate the porch/roof/stairs. When I decided to take a break I looked out the window and I swear everyone screamed, it was hilarious. No one was able to actually look me in the eyes while talking to me which is pretty lame. It's really not that bad is it? :devil: :guffaw:

[​IMG]

lol sorry I get extremely excited around Halloween time :devil:

7. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

:guffaw:

To quote some Firefly: "See, morbid and creepifying, I got no problem with, long as she does it without those contacts."

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

firecrackerrrr...you are just too awesome. :)

9. xffan_2000

xffan_2000 Ensign Newbie

I'm a bit late to this thread, but I wanted to say: very good job on the costume! I'm always pleased to see people that make their own Trek costumes. Each year I see numerous poor-quality, off-the-rack Trek costumes at DragonCon and it makes me sad. Trek has such potential for great costuming. It's great that you took the time to sew up your own!

I, too, made a Janeway costume. (Got my pic with Mulgrew last year and Beltran this year. :techman: ) I also have several other Trek costumes that I've made: Dr. Crusher, Troi's blue dress and first season Yar. I also made my husband's Riker costume. I'd have to say that the Troi dress and Yar costumes were the most difficult to put together. This year's DragonCon costume goal: TWOK red uniform. :crazy:

10. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

I've heard it's a pretty common experience for the ladies.

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Man's impossible quest to discover a woman who's eye balls are more titillating than the faint impression through fabric a nipple makes as if its trying to rise up and surface.

Men are stupid.

This is how you correct such ass backward priorities.

"Honey, don't nipples remind you of really large pimples? I mean you don't want to squeeze them too hard or they'll explode puss every where."

Say the above enough and even the worst objectifiers will maintain eye contact like you're both gun fighting.

12. firecrackerrrr

That's awesome! Do you have any photos of those uniforms? I went to the Calgary Con this year and saw some absolutely horrendous, ill-fitting costumes. I thought about buying a Voyager costume but when I saw how poorly done it was, I decided against it. So much more fun sewing it too!

Hah well most of my friends there were heterosexual females and they're my best friends so....awkward. hah :guffaw:

13. firecrackerrrr

Here it is!

[​IMG]

I know, I know I'm wearing the wrong shoes but this was still at the house.
    [​IMG]

There's tons more but they're with other people.

14. Guy Gardener

Zombilicious.

15. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I already commented in Misc, but I've got to say it again - that's awesome!

There's no mistaking you for anyone but Janeway. The zombification must have taken ages - you did a fantastic job. The face, hands, uniform, everything - great work:techman:

16. Guy Gardener

I've only thought now to wrap my head around the Freudian aspects of this...

You say that you LOVE Janeway, but you ARE Janeway?

To be her is to love her or to love her is to be her?

17. sevenstars

sevenstars Captain Captain

Breathtakingly perfect.

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

:eek:

:bolian:

Awesome job! Lookin' scary firecrackerrrr!

19. firecrackerrrr

Thanks! I was really hoping that no one would think I'm just some random dead red shirt. But actually it's insane just how many people recognized that it was Janeway. There was a really hot young girl (well maybe she's about my age but she looked a bit younger) she was the bartender and she immediately said "Is that supposed to be Zombie Janeway? THAT IS EPIC." I was like yesssss! Pretty much everyone got it right away. There were at least 20 people there who dressed up in TOS and TNG uniforms. I think I was the only Voy girl there! I actually overheard a bitter, wannabe Kirk ( :guffaw: sorry...) say, "She's from the newer Trek series....boo" aside from that everyone loved it. Stupid superiority complex in Trekkies though...urgh.

As for how long it took....the face/neck alone took about 3 hours. I had to apply about 3 layers of liquid latex. It was so thick I actually had to use a knife to cut/stretch it after it dried. The arms took about 45 minutes each and I only applied one layer of latex because I was getting tired :guffaw:

LOL I can only imitate. I can't come even close to Her Highness ;)

Thanks! :)

Thank you :D

20. T.D. Possum

T.D. Possum Commodore Commodore

Congratulations on an outstanding costume!!!