Crossovers that never happened but you wish would

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by The Borgified Corpse, Sep 22, 2009.

1. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    A couple crossovers I had recently thought about crossing over a few recent cop dramas.

I'd love to see a Bones/Castle crossover. I think it could work, particularly since Castle & Brennan are both novelists. I think it would be funny if they knew each other from some previous literary event. Plus, it would be fun to see David Boreanaz & Nathan Fillion on screen together-- an epic battle of Joss Whedon's leading men!

I also think it would be funny to see some sort of detective team up between John Munch from Law & Order: SVU, Charlie Crews from Life, & Mr. Monk. In particular, I'd like to see Munch's conspiratorial take on Crews' wrongful imprisonment.

From longer ago, I came up with a 7 Days/X-Files crossover (with a tiny smidgen of Stargate SG-1 thrown in). Basically, Parker Backsteps to save Senator Kinsey and in the process also saves Scully. Parker & Scully start dating, so Olga starts flirting with Mulder to try to make Parker jealous. Meanwhile, Mulder & the Lone Gunmen investigate Project Backstep.

I also once tried to write a Doctor Who/Star Trek: Voyager fanfic, but that was mostly because I wanted to see the Borg fight Daleks & Cybermen and because I wanted to write a scene where the Doctor (David Tennant) meets the Doctor (EMH).

I'm not sure how yet but I'm hoping that, in some way, Mag from Dollhouse turns out to be the same person as Codex from The Guild. Also, just once, I'd like to see Wolfram & Hart show up on a list of Dollhouse clients.

What crossovers would you like to see?

2. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

You know, I'm not a fan of Voyager at all, but this I would LOVE to see.

3. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not exactly a crossover in the truest sense, but I was shocked that Tom Selleck never reprised his role of Magnum on Jag. Seems like it was the perfect opportunity to have seen the "big guy" one more time.

4. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd like to see an Office(UK)/Office(US) crossover.

5. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

I always wanted to see the Quantum Leap/Magnum crossover, where all of the Magnum actors would have reprised their roles. From what I've always understood, it would have happened if Quantum had had another season.

6. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

Yeah, The Quantum Leap/Magnum crossover would have been good.

I always wanted a X-files/Twin Peaks crossover, which I think Was actually considered, but fell through for some reason.

And I think a lot of 80's action shows could've done cool crossovers. Imagine if Micheal Knight and Howling Mad Murdock teamed up. Stupid perhaps, but I'd watch it.

7. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

Thomas Magnum on JAG would have been perfect and a sort of passing of the torch for Bellasario's leading men. The plot writes itself...Magnum working for Navel Intelligence somehow gets entangled in a JAG case...too easy.

And just for kicks I always thought it would have been fun if Greg House got sued for one of the shenanigans he does and ends up hiring Alan Shore and Denny Crane to defend him...the dialogue between Shatner, Laurie and Spader would have been amazing.

8. Zachary Smith

Zachary Smith Vice Admiral Admiral

"Mr. Monk Meets the Detective" --A Monk/Columbo crossover, with a "special appearance" by Simon Baker as "Patrick Jane" from "The Mentalist".

9. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Xfiles/Fringe-can you imagine the Lone Gunmen meeting Peter's father?:guffaw:

10. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

The Shield/Sons of Anarchy. Vic brought in by the F.B.I to deal with a situation beyond a regular agents ability to cope.

11. Zachary Smith

Zachary Smith Vice Admiral Admiral

"Lost in Space", "Land of the Giants" and "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea". And, since they were set in different time-periods, perhaps it would all be facilitated by use of "The Time Tunnel".

12. CmdrAJD

CmdrAJD Commodore Commodore

Since the characters were already in the same universe anyway, I kept hoping that John Cage from "Ally McBeal" would show up in "Boston Legal." He would have fit in nicely.

13. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I was disappointed when Peter McNichol appeared in BL but as a different character. Totally wasted opportunity, IMHO.

14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

There was an episode synopsis about a Law & Order crossover between CI and SVU where Logan appears on SVU, but it never happened. :(

15. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Would never have happened as they already pointed out "Magnum, pi" is a TV show, in QL. There was an episode where he found himself as the mother ( or father?) or two kids, and after pulling up to the house the girl makes a comment:

Daughter: "But mom, I'll miss Magnum."
    Sam: "Don't worry --it'll bee on for another eight years," with sort of a smirk.

:D

How about a "The X-Files" / First Wave" thing?

A "Columbo" / Magnum, pi" might have been cute. Example:

Columbo: Picks up some fancy art in the Masters' estate, "Oh, what is this? It's beautiful?"
    Higgins: "I say -- put that down; it's an 18th century Minbg Dynasty vase. It is utterly priceless."
    Columbo: "Ding?"
    Higgins: "Ming."
    Columbo: "My wife always wanted a fancy vase like this, but I just got butterfingers when around them."
    Higgins: "All the more reason for you to leave..."

16. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Wasn't Twin Peaks off the air when X-Files started?

Maybe you're thinking of the X-Files/Picket Fences crossover that was planned?

17. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, there's always NCIS...same producer(s), right?

Would have enjoyed seeing President Jed Bartlet being briefed on the Stargate program.

A Voyage to the Bottom of The Sea/Seaquest crossover. Even something small like the Seaquest being tasked by the Nelson Institute or something.

How about an ER/Due South crossover where Benton brings Ray into County General for something and they get involved in some sort of goings on at the hospital?

18. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually The Shield and Sons of Anarchy already take place in the same fictional universe.

19. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Supernatural brothers should show up on Smallville and kill the Red-Blue Blur.

20. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

I always want to see that

just do it in the holodeck, chances are the computer has episodes of Doctor Who stored somewhere, the EMH can take the role of the EMH (Two Doctors story) with a holographic 10.

obviously the standard "the holodeck has gone wrong" drill is trotted out, and soon Voayger is in danger from a Dalek attack, and only The Two Doctors can save them.