The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's how I took it as well. I also suspect the fact they didn't know the layout of the jail and where zombies might come from next (or how many) contributed to the danger

2. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I finally got to watch it last night. All the zombie action was cool but I thought it was a bit thin on story. I did love the intro, it just showed how desperate they had become to eat an owl and dog food.

It did seem like a game, when they got to the second bit of the fence and the zombie riot police came out my friend commented 'Level 2' :lol:

I hope it continues for a long time. What I think could be interesting is if in a few years they jump ahead and have adult Carl and his sibling as the main characters.

3. the G-man

Hmmm....Someone over at AICN just pointed out that Scott Wilson (Herchel's) name isn’t in the new main titles.

4. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

Uh-oh. That doesn't bode well for Herschel. If he dies, then Lori is going to have a tough delivery I'm thinking. :eek:

5. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Many viewers kinda wouldn't mind. I can't even count all the "hope it's a zombie baby that claws its way out" posts I've read online.

6. the G-man

Um....

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^"Um" what? Lori is pregnant. If the child survives it will be Carl's sibling.

8. trekkiebaggio

^Yeah.

Like say they get to season 7 or 8, they want to freshen things up a bit, jump ahead 10 years or so where Carl is around 30 and his sibling is around 16, and you follow the next generation of survivors. It'd be interesting to see how Carl would try to live up to his father (who would of course be given a suitably heroic death), and explore what it's like having been born in a zombie world having known nothing of what life used to be like.

9. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

One of the things that I really like about this series is that it is sufficiently different from the comic book, while being true to the spirit of the story, that none of us really know what is going to happen next. Shane survived well beyond his comic book story, and Dale died before they even found the prison.

At this point, I have no idea who is going to survive season 3.

10. theenglish

At this point we have no idea what the baby will be like when it is born. If everyone is already infected, what effect will that have on a next generation of babies?

11. trekkiebaggio

I'm not talking biologically, just about what their attitude is. At the moment the adults remember life before zombies, so they're clinging on and hoping to rebuild civilisation one day, but Rick and Lori's child won't remember anything like that. I just think it'd be interesting to see the zombie world from the point of view of someone who sees it as 'normal'.

12. the G-man

Ummmm......

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just of curiosity, how much time have they covered in the comics?

14. sojourner

Still not getting what your hinting at. Maybe you should try this new invention called "sentences" in your next reply.

15. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

As of issue #90, it had been approximately sixteen months since the start of the zombie apocalypse (and fifteen months since Rick awoke from his coma). Issue #103 was released last week, but not much time has passed in the intervening thirteen issues - two weeks at most, because a story development requires the passage of one week between issues #100 and #103.

It would really be best if he didn't hint at anything without spoiler codes.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So I guess they probably will have to move the timeline forward in the show if it keeps going for years. As long as Carl is around they'll probably need to move things along faster to reflect the actor's age.

17. theenglish

Well, just looking at the actor last week I think we can safely assume that a number of months have passed since the end of season 2. And yes, if the series continues the timeline will have to be different than in the comics where Carl could stay the same age for ten years of publication (assuming he is still around in the comics).

18. sojourner

Well, we could tell that from Lori's stomach.

19. theenglish

True, but I was just referring to the point made earlier about the actor.

20. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Precisely. Not everyone has either read the comics or looked online and read spoilers. On the other hand, since there have been several differences between the comics and the TV show already, there's no reason to automatically assume that what we know from the comics will be realized on-screen.

Certain things, of course, HAVE to happen as they did in the comics, and there are members of the main cast who have been adamant about that.