Superman costume to appear on SMALLVILLE after all

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I take it you wouldn't be interested in vol. 1 of Morrison's run on JLA then.

2. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

I did read an ish or two from that run, and what I liked about it was that Morrison brought Clark and Bruce back together as partners. There was a scene where Clark turns off the electric boogalo powers and "becomes" Clark in the Batcave, and they have a heart-to-heart, remarking on the similarities of their lives and how they really are the flip side of the same coin or some such.

I like Morrison's work in general, especially All-Star Superman, but that was the period where I stopped reading a lot of superhero comics, not just Superman. Usually, I keep up with Supes and dump the rest but during that electric boogalo period, I checked out.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Welling went red-blue, something that's been happening since the seventies in comics, you'd have to wonder how their show down to snap up the girl would be? Be it Lois or Lana and the second placed Clark the lover lad would have to accept that they've not good enough to not settle for Chloe... Which is what happened in the last episode of family matters when Erkle cloned himself and got both the girls after him.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Which ones? The imaginary version from the 60s, or the 'electrical Superman' version?

5. CaptainKen

CaptainKen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Wow! 9 pages on this thread! It's amazing how Warner can drop hints here and there and then fans can speculate to the nth degree on what those hints really mean. I know I've been wrong just about every time in trying to anticipate certain things based on their hints. They are masters of deception and decoy.

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

7. Newski

Newski Captain Captain

Well, it's been years since they've been "Smallville" and should have changed to "Superman" anyway......

8. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ 'Metropolis' surely?

9. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well I can see if they say "This is the last season of "Smallville" and then next fall we see "METROPOLIS!" I think as long as they had Lana and then Clark going back and forth to the farm, it was still sorta kinda Smallville, even though for the past what? 3 seasons its been more Metropolis than Smallville. Since Lex's "dead" there's really no major need for even the villan to go back to his Smallville mansion and since Clark declared that "Clark Kent is dead" its doubtful that he'll be spending much time at the Kent farm.

Have there been any rumors of if/when Annette O'Toole will ever come back? Its been forever since we've seen Martha, most we've really seen of her has been phone calls.

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like Callum.

If they're going to rename the show after the bustling Metropolis up the road form Smallville, why not wait until it's called Zodsville?

Wait.

This was a consideration of another show I'm watching which I can't remember whichone, in so far as syndication deals, if they change the name of the show then they have to renegotiate desperately for the new series which is complicated and bullshit... Scrubs! Yes, a complete over haul, and refocus, as Sarah and that that little dip shit standing between me and Natalie Portman claim they want off the ride, but the name stays the say to keep the syndication money for the existing 8 seasons trucking.

I suppose they thought all was doomed when Ron Howard decided to leave Happy Days? All though the Dukes were pushed.