The Legend of Korra - Book Two: Spirits

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

[highlight]***SPOILERS AHEAD***[/highlight]​

[​IMG]

Two pieces of news... First, The Legend of Korra has been renewed for an additional 26 episodes, bringing the episode total to 52. Second, the new season will be titled "Spirits". I thought I'd start a new thread to discuss updates on the upcoming season as well as the episodes when they air. You can still discuss Book One here. A start date for Book Two has not been set yet, but the writing and voicework are complete and the team is hard at work on the animation.

2. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Very cool news. :techman:

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Huzzah!

And I just remembered we still have a long wait ahead of us. :sigh:

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

52 episode total?!?! YES!!!! :D

An exploration of the Spirit World?!?! YES!!! :D

Bumi as a regular character?!?! YES!!! :D

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Odd that Bumi can be a "fan favorite" when he's only been seen for like five seconds onscreen, after having been mentioned only twice before then.

6. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ Maybe he became somewhat popular with hardcore fans as a result of discussion and speculation. He came up often enough when we were discussing book one. Maybe the same thing happened elsewhere.

7. Christopher

Yeah, but I'd call that "someone the fans are curious about." I don't see "fan favorite" as meaning the same thing. A favorite is something you like more than the alternatives (i.e. something you favor over other things). We may be curious about Bumi and have enjoyed his brief cameo, but does that make him someone we love more than Korra or Bolin or Ikki or whoever? Not for me, certainly.

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, a very long wait.

9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Is anyone else slightly creeped out that Bumi appears to look and act suspiciously like his namesake? I'm going to go with reincarnation as an explanation because the alternative is...unthinkable...

10. Christopher

^It could just be that Bumi, son of Aang was influenced by all the tales he heard about his namesake, and thus adopted a similar personality and hair/beard style. Aside from the hair, I don't think he bears that much resemblance to King Bumi. In the actual show (as opposed to the character sheet that's available online), he doesn't have the Popeye-like squinty eye that King Bumi had, and he does seem to have a square jaw similar to Tenzin's.

Turns out my DVR and the cable schedule now do show the "Making of a Legend" series continuing next week. I guess for some reason NickToons didn't provide accurate schedule information until today, which is weird, since they've been promoting this for weeks so surely must've had it locked into their schedule for a while.

11. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, I was scratching my head at that phrasing as well, wondering how I could forget appearances that made him so popular

12. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The language is designed to "tell you" what they would like you to believe instead of what more accurately is. I liked Bumi, and I'm glad we'll see more of him, but yeah them saying "fan favorite" doesn't make it true.

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'd say General Iroh was much more a fan favorite than Bumi was in this series.

14. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, I leaked a tear of Joy when he appeared on the deck that first scene, and I was looking forward to seeing him play a regular role.

15. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

3 more seasons... wow. Between this news and the Godzilla teaser today, this is the best day ever.

16. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Oh great, now what are they going to call books 3 & 4? They already used up all the elements. Hmm...wood? Sky? Quintessence? The void? Hydrogen? :p

17. Christopher

Book 3: Gender
    Book 4: Spoons

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Gender?! :wtf: Is Korra going to become Corey?

Korra meets the ultimate fate at the hands of an evil Gender Bender :lol:

19. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Sound and Light?

The last two Chakras that haven't had Books yet.

20. Christopher