Bajor for Bajorans!!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by WesleysDisciple, Feb 13, 2013.

1. WesleysDisciple

WesleysDisciple Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I liked the dominion war, dont get me wrong, but I think I would have liked to see more depth into bajoran isolationists, like the Khon mah, and such.

This issue just seems to vanish, not long after the Dominion plotline starts coming into earnest

Any ideas why?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  2. heavy lids

heavy lids Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

No idea why, but I agree that having more Khon Mah episodes would have been interesting. They definitely had a lot of Bajor episodes that dealt with social/political problems.

3. Loskene

Loskene Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

The Cardi's are chomping at the bit to get Bajor back, in fact the big isolationist movement was a plot to get them out of there.

Frankly they need the Federation cause if not them then the Klingon's, the Dominion, hell probably even the Romulans.

Also kinda helps that the Federation liaison is also Jesus.

4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I would guess there are still Bajoran isolationists, but they lost mainstream and military support when the Dominion threat heated up and Shakaar was elected.

At the beginning Bajor was in the habit of seeing all foreigners as invaders, and the only nearby threat was Cardassia. As of later in the series, people calmed down, the Federation had proven they were not invaders, and moreover, everyone was scared shitless of the Dominion.

Though I do imagine a Bajor equivalent of Fox News which insisted strongly that the Federation was trying to destroy them.