I think I'm the only one here enjoying "The Neighbors"...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by propita, Nov 6, 2012.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

The first episode was so bad they should have banned it and pretend it never happened like the Star Wars Christmas special.

2. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I like her and her characterization but she's not a very good actress. However she is getting better, thought the last episode was her strongest.

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

What's wrong with her portrayal? She's supposed to be deadpan and emotionless. I don't have any disconnect between the performance and the way it's written.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wednesday Addams the Next generation.

5. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So, The Finale for season 1...

This show really has worked many of the kinks out. Every time I think a sitcom cliche is about to loom... *Bam* they hang a lampshade. Every time I think it's gonna zig then zag, they go from a full run to a dead stop and stare you down instead.

Going to be an interesting Summer indeed... I'm so loving this show.

6. bigdaddy

I like all the fourth wall jokes.

"I think everything will be fine, we seemed to have gotten all the kinks out."

"I'm not going back, I plan on staying for at last another 6-7 seasons, I mean years."

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I love this show. I love Larry Bird. I will be crushed if they don't renew it!

8. bigdaddy

I think it will but will be stuck on Fridays and then get canceled. :lol:

9. secretreeve

secretreeve Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

my partner and i watch it too.

max charles aka max weaver is extremely talented. kinda lost on this show. although abbey just comes over as a stuck up little tramp in training but hey ho, cant have them all lol.

larry-birds just kinda creepy, he has all the charactaristics of someone who would enjoy a kids company but without any of the follow through, which is good, i just mean he's creepy in that way.

10. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

I really like it too. It reminds me so much of 3rd Rock from the Sun. It's a sitcom and it just happens to have the 3rd person viewpoint from someone like an exchange student from Japan or somewhere very foreign.

Good laughs.
    They have been trying to make the daughter cuter and more in the story. It works better and gives them more storylines too.

FYI 3rd Rock from the Sun is being prepped for HD syndication and Blu-ray release by rescanning the 17 year old 35mm original camera negatives. also FYI even though they are not scifi but mentioned in that article:
    I just made a TrekBBS thread for 3rd Rock from the Sun remaster for people that aren't seeing it from this sitcom thread.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I laughed when the Aliens here said that they loved Third Rock for the Sun Reruns.