I like to see another Show based on Time Travel

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by steve1961, Jan 6, 2010.

1. steve1961

steve1961 Lieutenant

""What if we could change history?"" Thats what the title should be called. Everyone who has a question "What if we could change [insert question here]?"" Everyone e mails the shows producer and its about 6 college students who invented a time machine and go back and change the events and come back to the world Today and find out whats changed? And go back and try to change it back. Like what if Hitler won WWII? Bunch of College stundents gave Rommel general Pattons plans or gave the German generals on the event of D Day and the Germans werent caught off guard and Americans were unsuccessful invading france. And come back and see whats been done today? Or Go back to the Civil War and give General Lee on General Grants battle plan of Gettysburg as the South captures gettysburg and come back today and see whats done. and go back and fix it right. Or even what if the College Students gave the FBI infomation about Lee Harvey Oswald and his plans to shoot JFK 24 hours before JFK came to dallas ad arrsted Oswald and JFK was never killed and come back today and see whats done. Thats the show i like to see. ""What if we could change history?""

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hmm.

Can't say that one is a top priority for me.

How about a show that, I dunno, has some spaceships and aliens and stuff like that? Remember all that? :rommie:

Okay, so not to be negative nelly, how about this twist on the time travel premise? Let's pretend that our timeline is the frakked up one. Let's have some intrepid time travellers who are trying to reset our timeline so that it's "right." What the heck does "right" mean, and how "right" is it, if it changes the timeline we know?

That way there's a bit of suspense. We don't know how the timeline is going to change. Even more fun, it stays changed thru the series' run so each new change to the timeline adds to the chaos.

3. steve1961

steve1961 Lieutenant

Remember Quantum Leap? That was the show time travel to make things right. But thats not what i like to see. I want see effects today if we undo the good stuff to the bad stuff or other way around. Even wonder what if Adolph Hitler was assassinated in 1934? Would that mean no atomic weapons or nuclear weapons today. Or Israel would never become a country and Arabs wouldnt be radicals today. Or what if the Wright Brothers got Killed together on a train ride? Would that mean No airplanes would fly today? Or what if Thomas Edition died before his invention? Would would we be today without the light bulb? or phonograph? then we wouldnt be listing to Music? Would would we be today without a Battery? Cars wouldnt work without a Battery. And you wouldnt be having portable radios or flashlights. Think about those??

4. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Simpsons episode coming to mind:

Jimmy: Hey, what gives?
    Jimmy's Dad: You said you wanted to live in a world without zinc Jimmy. Well now your car has no battery.
    Jimmy: But I promised Betty I'd pick her up by 6:00. I better give her a call.
    Jimmy's Dad: Sorry Jimmy. Without zinc for the rotary mechanism, there are no telephones.
    Jimmy: Dear God! What have I done?
    (Jimmy pulls out a gun and points it to his head and fires)
    Jimmy's Dad: Think again Jimmy. You see the firing pin in your gun was made out of…yep…zinc.
    Jimmy: Come back zinc, Come Back!!

5. steve1961

steve1961 Lieutenant

:rommie::guffaw::lol::techman:

6. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

There's this little Canadian show, Being Erica, that sort of does this. However, the catch is that Erica can only go back in time to change her own personal history (for better or for worse). She is not allowed to change the history of anyone else or affect major historical events.

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I had an idea about a guy who gets sent back in time by accident and he is stuck in the past but has future technology he uses to help people, stop bad guys etc...but it is mainly about his relationship with the people in the past and dealing with being there.

8. Valin

Valin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not to nitpick, but General Grant wasn't involved with Gettysburg. He was fighting the war in the west at that time, at Vicksburg.

Poor General Meade, always forgotten.

9. Ensign_Redshirt

Ensign_Redshirt Commodore Commodore

This concept sounds like (early) "Sliders", just with time travel. That being said, I think the alternate reality concept is a bit underused on "Fringe". There could be more than just "weird people with weird technology and weird agendas visiting our universe". An alternate universe show done right would be cool.

"The Nazis won WWII" is an over-used cliché by now. You really would have to come up with a butterfly effect twist here, like "the Nazis won WWII and as a result this alternate world is actually better than ours!" (because of an unintended long-term effect of the Nazis’ victory... in a "it has to get worse before it gets better" kind of way). Sadly, that’s probably too "complicated" for TV execs. "What if the Nazis won" has to mean that Nazis would still rule and terrorize the world by now. :rolleyes:

The Wrights and Edison were just the first and not the only ones. There are enough smart people around in the world to come up with a concept like "airplanes". That’s not so hard. Perhaps things would be a few years less advanced than in our world, but they would still be on the track to go there. The changes would be minimal.

10. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love Being Erica, lots of fun and I watch it with my 12 year old daughter and we always end up in a philosphical conversation.

But be careful what you wish for. If you really think you want a series based on time travel, go back and watch some Voyager dvd's.

11. Dar70

Dar70 Vice Admiral Admiral

Why college students?

12. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I believe there's a thread about a mock TV show that's all about our timeline being the goofed up one and people trying to fix it. The writer built a heck of a premise and began outlining weekly stories.

13. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

*** SPOILERS ***

About a decade ago, hollywood made a pilot for a remake of "The Time Tunnel", You can find it on youtube in four pieces. Good and bad in equal parts. When teams go back in time, if they change anything, only they realize it. The pilot opens with a scene of traffic stopped at a green signal light, when it turns red folks go , lots of little things. Worth a watch.

14. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd like to see a show where people could only change really pointless details from history. Like the shape of noses. Maybe they realise if they deform Hitler's nose he'll be less popular, and then systematically try to reshape the past by deforming noses (while giving more nobler noses to people they favour) - or even use the nose reshaping to prevent people from being attracted to others and hence avoid births. Can something so superficial actually affect the outcome of history at all in any sort of subtle way, or will they stumble onto the odd case of it being totally worthless?

Yeah, it's ludricous, but egad, I'm tired of the same old time story.

15. steve1961

steve1961 Lieutenant

There was an Episode of the Twilight Zone a man tried to change things but failed. 1st He tried to assassinate Hitler but was interupted by a german hotel maid. He Failed Hitler lived.

Then he tried to convince the captian of the SS Titanic to turn the ship into another course but the captian thinks hes a nutcase and he failed Titanic sunk

Then he tried to convince the Japanese that the Atomic Bomb was comming evacuate all people at once. But the Japanese Major thinks hes a nutcase, then he failed Hiroshima bombed!

But i want a show you can change history and didnt fail.

16. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

No, really. Is this SupremeAdmiral back with a new account?