A Christmas Carol

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by BruntFCA, Nov 27, 2012.

1. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

I've been watching NuWho for the first time on Netflix and I've just finished series 5 but for some reason Netflix doesn't have A Christmas Carol. My local library has it but there is a wait so I'm just going to skip to series 6 and come back to it later, so I'm wondering if anything happens that I need to know for series 6. I'm looking for just the stuff i need to know for series 6 to make sense with hopefully little spoilers for the episode. Thanks.

2. zarkon

zarkon Captain Captain

From memory, A Christmas Carol is pretty much self contained.

3. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

The Christmas Specials are often labeled as Episode 0 of the following Season.

So, if S6 starts in April, the Christmas Special prior to it, is labeled as 6.00 (Season 6, Episode 0)

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Absolutely nothing important happens in "A Christmas Carol." Amy and Rory aren't even a part of the main story. You can skip right to Season 6.

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Although he'll miss the wonderful Christmas song sung by Katherine Jenkins which has undertones of the series themes

"When you're alone. Silence is all you hear"

6. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ Or, in short, he'll miss Katherine Jenkins, which would be a crime in itself.

I liked the story quite a lot, but it's true you could watch it anytime order-wide.

7. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Its probably my favorite Christmas story. But yeah, you can carry on watching and come back to it later.

8. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

Well, then he could stop watching/reading fiction altogether... he would never miss anything of any importance.

A Christmas Carol is a very sweet episode and well worth watching; it's much better than The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe

9. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Cutter John has the right of it.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, you've clearly stopped reading, or you would understand why I responded the way I did. The OP specifically said he didn't want to miss out on anything important before starting Season 6. Since nothing in A Christmas Carol has any effect on Season 6 in anyway, he is safe to skip it without missing out on any important plot elements. I didn't say "Never watch it."