Spock vs. Batman

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by From_the_Sky, Apr 15, 2009.

1. From_the_Sky

From_the_Sky Ensign Newbie

I was at work yesterday and I had the most lucrative and pointless conversation.

I will point out two facts first:

1)I am a Star Trek fan

2)My co-worker is a Batman fan

I am a graphic designer for DC comic characters (I design t-shirts) and my co-worker does the CBS t-shirts. Anyway, there hasn't been any debate on whos characters kick more ass, obviously the ones I am responsible for. I get to work with characters from Star Trek, Happy Days and Beverly Hills 90210(seriously). He gets to work with characters like Batman, The Green Lantern, Superman and so forth So I this is where the battle begins.

Now I never thought there was any rivalry between Star Trek and Batman, but apparently I was wrong. It’s obvious, Batman is not a team player, he can't fly into space, and he is too aggressive.

He tells me that Batman could be the captain of the Voyager if he wanted, but he doesn't want to be on a ship with a bunch of British dudes for his WHOLE life! There is more to the story, but I do not feel like writing a novel!

Also, Batman never knows what he wants to do with his life.
    Spock knows what he wants to do, and he feels fortunate to be doing so.

This guy is a total Batman DudeBro.

Aaron
    http://www.PopFunk.com

2. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

(TEH BABA got an alt?!)

Bruce Wayne would be a better starship captain than Janeway.

And you just said Beverly Hills 90210 characters are cooler than Green Lantern, so I'm not sure why I'm even talking to you. :p

3. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Does this have anything to do with Spock being related to Robin aka Dick Grayson via his mother Amanda Grayson?

4. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Which Green Lantern? Maybe it was G'Nort.

5. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

Much of this is contradicted by the animated television series "Justice League" in which Batman works with a group of 6 other superheroes in space. Their headquarters are originally a high-tech Watchtower orbitting earth, although they build and move to a new one on earth eventually. While they are in space, he pilots their plane (called The Javelin) to and from earth many times, so he most certainly can fly to space! :p To be fair, his association with the group is rather reluctant and there are many occasions where they really have to bug him to get out of the batcave and help them, as he still prefers to work alone.

Also, I like both Star Trek and Batman, so you don't have to only be a fan of one or the other. :) Saying Batman never knows what to do with his life strikes me as very unfair. All the years of effort he put into helping rid the world of crime with his physical training and research/study of science, criminology, psychology, etc. show his drive towards devoting his life to a very specific goal.

6. USS Renegade

USS Renegade Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Are you trying to say Spock couldn't whip Batman's butt? Is that what you are insinuating?!? Traitor!!!

7. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

there was a bunch of British dudes on VGR?! were we watching the same show?!

8. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

:rommie:

Spock, even without time to prepare.

9. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

OF course that is not what is being said. That wouldn't be polite. (Though Spock would clean Batty's chronometer . . . )

10. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

Batman would win, because of this pic:

[​IMG]

11. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

Spock wouldn't have to "whip Batman's butt". Spock doesn't have to fight anybody. He has the Vulcan neck pinch. Even with all his years of fight training, Batman probably wouldn't be ready for that. :p

12. Orne

Orne Lieutenant Red Shirt

Batman, not prepared for a Vulcan neck-pinch (or any other sort of disabling move and/or attack)? I don't think so. In various ways Spock and he are evenly matched (also Batman has displayed annoyingly Vulcan-ish logic on many occassions).

Bruce Wayne/Batman as a Star Fleet Captain? Yes, on Voyager or any other starship. He's a proven strategist/tactician; the only mainstay human on a team that oft numbers a handful of god-like figures, he's the one they respect for his intuition, battle-smarts, deductive skills, and just sheer brainpower. To his team-mates he's also the scariest of them all, and that's not counting all the tech he wields. ("I spent seventy-thousand for a rock to deal with the one in Metropolis. For you, it would only cost a penny for a book of matches.") During the Thanagarian conflict he piloted the Watchtower, which he had the foresight to have engineered as a weapon, into their own planet-killing apparatus. This is the guy you would turn to to take on the Klingons, Romulans, Borg while Janeway is pompously orating how people like Kirk and Spock (and Wayne, even moreso). have no place in Star Fleet, or in command of a starship.

If there's another Trek/DC crossover, think I have a plotline here.....

13. From_the_Sky

From_the_Sky Ensign Newbie

haha i like that response!