tabletop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Obiwansolo18, May 2, 2013.

1. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

Does anybody remember this fine board game?
    [​IMG]
    It's how we fought WW2 before first person shooters.

2. Yminale

Yminale Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Probably already posted but there is an excellent website and video review for board games called Shut up and Sitdown

http://www.shutupandsitdown.com/

Oh and Battletech for me (started with 2nd edition)

3. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

I remember having a set of these funky "chinasaurs" as a kid, and having a lot of fun with them. It seems that Gary Gygax also once bought a set and used them as the basis for several well-known monsters in the first edition of D & D. Why am I not surprised? :rommie:

Link

4. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Those look cool!

Tabletop reached their goal (it's currently at $1.1M). So there's going to be a full season 3 and an RPG mini-series :techman:

5. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

How are things doing in the world of tabletop gaming? Anybody been playing any cool games?

I've played a few, one that caught my attention in particular is La Citta (which I got in a sale for £10). You're building cities over the board and the buildings are for different institutions, like health, culture, education. At the end of each round the voice of the people is revealed, which shows which of these institutions the people are most interested in. So the population will migrate to nearby cities who better serve their needs. And of course, if you don't have enough population to support cities you'll have to demolish buildings. It's a really tight, tense game because there's not much space on the board so you're going to end up encroaching on other players. Very cut-throat, it's great if you love games where you have to be mean to other players!

Also been playing D&D 5th edition. We played through a beta campaign and then created our characters properly to start The Lost Mines of Phildanver. Anyone else playing it? I'm really enjoying it so far.

Tabletop Season 3 has started filming as well, looks like they've got some fun games lined up.

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I'm mostly listening to other people playing D&D on my commute. ;)