"James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by JacksonArcher, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I couldn't make it through the book but I dig the title, if indeed that is actually the title they're going with.

2. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I've read the book, and it could make an interesting film. It's just...well it's just a bit low key, especially in terms on the villain's scheme. It would send Bond to South Africa which would be interesting, and Dubai (wonder if the Emirates sponsership is in place yet?) I think the finale might need bulking up a bit but yeah, the more I think about it the more I could see it working as a Craig film...

Assuming you want to see Bond vs. a binman! :devil:

4. Admiral_Young

^ The article though doesn't say that they're adapting the book, just using the book's title (allegedly). If it is an adaption then this would be going away from the "original" story that I believe the production has been talking about since the start. John Logan was doing revisions on the screenplay last I checked or have heard about...maybe someone told him about the book?

5. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Well yes and no they don't say that it's being adapted per-say, but they do postulate that it is a real possibility that this will be the story for Bond 23:

6. Admiral_Young

^ That isn't a postulation at all. The article is asking right out if "Carte Blanche" is not only the title of the film but also if the book is also the story for the movie. Then says at the bottom of the paragraph that we would have real information about the plot of the movie if it is indeed an adaption of the book.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  7. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

On my reading of the report, the reference to the movie title as Carte Blanche just strikes me as lazy journalism, someone confusing the new book title with the new movie, which hasn't yet been titled. An excitable internet journalist has then put two and two together and made 5.

8. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It strikes me as a very suitable Daniel Craig era Bond title.

But I guess we'll see what happens.

A step-up from QoS, which despite being genuine Fleming, I still go "Huh?" whenever I hear it.

I somehow end up thinking it sounds like a special detergent for getting stains off lace.

9. Captaindemotion

^ In which case, they should have kept that name for a Bill Clinton biopic.

10. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

This.

11. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

This would be correct.

12. Captaindemotion

It should also be noted that this movie has been written (though it may be subject to re-writes) and planned since long before Deaver's book was released.

13. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't really like the title and I'm someone who loved Quantum of Solace as a title.

14. Admiral_Young

Indeed. This is what my original point was. It's probably a combination of lazy journalism and speculation really. I only posted it because it was the first real "news" (I use that term very loosely) of a possible title.

15. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Getting back to Moonraker Discussion, it's a fucking terrible movie (like much of Moore's tenure ... imagine that), but it's watchable on a sheer amazement level because of Ken Adam's sets. The guy designed the hell out of that movie, and it's a shame that those designs are overlooked just because the rest of the movie was so awful.

And I still really like The World is Not Enough. Great score, relatively good script ... it's just hampered by Denise Richards having all the charisma of a dog's chew toy.

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed TWINE, too, and I think it'd have a much better reputation if Christmas Jones had been played by a more competent actor.

As for the Carte Blanche rumors...eh. The story sounds interesting, but I'm not a fan of the title.

17. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not the biggest Bond fan, but I really liked World is Not Enough. Richards' role didn't seem that big to bother me, and besides, she was so fine, I didn't mind seeing her show up. I thought Elektra was great as was Renard; one of the best of the recent henchmen. Of the Brosnan movies this one was my favorite. (Granted, I haven't seen all of Goldeneye, but it was better than the boring Tomorrow Never Dies and the silly Die Another Day). I hope that a Bond movie will use the Devil May Care title sometime down the road (not the plot of the book necessarily; maybe the villain and scrap just about everything else). Devil May Care just sounds so Bondish. I also like Carte Blanche as a movie title too.

I don't know if the Craig Bond should have grand titles anyway. He's more of a hard hitting, terse Bond anyway; maybe the movie titles should reflect that.

18. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

19. Captaindemotion

20. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral