Are any of the old guard about?

Discussion in 'Trek Tech' started by Nob Akimoto, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Nob Akimoto

Nob Akimoto Captain Captain

Hey guys,

It's been...well quite a few years since I've posted here, and I'm curious who all is still about from that time.

What's the latest topic de jure on these forums? Transwarp beaming? Magic Khan Stem Cells?

2. Crazyewok

Crazyewok Vice Admiral Admiral

I never really had a problem with these.

Transwarp beaming: Well in DS9 section had the ability to warp long distances, and Keira also was kidnaped and transported to empok nor. So even in the prime reality such tec exists in the Alpha/Beta Quadrant. Maybe its not used as standard due to it being unrealible? As well as top secret.

Augment stem cells: Again DS9 shows Augment treatment to be viable if not illegal. As it is why Bashier is a federation doctor and not a drippling retard who would struggle to hold his bladder let alone a hypospray.

3. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The dude who invented the transporter was working on a transwarp transporter-type thing back in the 22nd century. We also saw working examples of similar tech in TNG, DS9, and VOY. NBD.

4. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

You missed the lengthy and ongoing discussion about the actual size of the JJprise, whether or not it's about refit size or if it's bigger than the Enterprise-E.

There was also a spirited discussion about the appearance of the Klingons this time around, their ridges (and piercings), and whether or not there are different sub-species of Klingons floating about. It led into a broader discussion on the actual definition of "race" vs "ethnic group" vs "nationality", which muddied the waters quite nicely. :D

And of course, pink vs red Klingon blood re: TUC just made its annual appearance a couple weeks back.

Those are the ones I can most recently recall. Pretty much the usual stuff...

5. Nebusj

Nebusj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I knew I should've asked the ticket-taker. Oh, usher? I have seen this picture after all.

I'll pop back in 'round 2018, all, be well.

6. Nob Akimoto

Nob Akimoto Captain Captain

Well in fairness, last time I was actually an active poster here, the most active folks were like The God Thing and Christopher (who had yet to publish any TrekLit IIRC)...I think I might have cropped up once afterward to give Masao some numbers on starship volumetrics but that was a long time ago.

7. Masao

Masao Commodore Commodore

Who you calling old?

8. SicOne

SicOne Commodore Commodore

Speaking of which, if you guys wanna fire up more volumetrics again, I'm all ears...

9. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

I have been here for a while, so do I fit the criterion?