Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Spock/Uhura Fan, Sep 7, 2012.

?

How do you feel about the Spock/Uhura pairing?

Poll closed Mar 6, 2013.
  1. I LOVE them together! :)

47.5%
  2. I generally think they’re okay together.

18.0%
  3. Not my preference, but I don’t mind them together.

21.3%
  4. I HATE them together. :o

13.1%
  1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

YOU LIE!!! :scream:

:lol:

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You know, if you guys want to discuss the social implications of homosexuality take the argument to TNZ please. Just seems silly to even bring up in a character thread dedicated to two straight characters in the Trek verse.

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Well, the actors factor into any discussions about characters. So, while I disagree that Quinto's sexuality has any bearing on his ability to play Spock. It shouldn't be out of bounds for discussion.

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

But since when were love stories only about making babies?

Plus, as teacake observed earlier, the idea that gay actors can't play straight love interests (or that straight actors can't play gay) pretty much flies in the face of the entire history of, well, acting.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that not every actor who has ever played Romeo, Don Juan, or Marc Antony was straight . . . . :)

5. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

no love is not about babies...as some married couples don’t even want to have kids. When I referenced babies and the term natural I was talking about one of the most distinctive differences between gays and straight couples.

And no zachary quinto sexuality should not be factor in his given role..I am so into him as Spock and I will be heart broken if he gets replaced as, Also it will be discrimination and prejudice which every moral person is against.

6. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

A similar discussion was made back when Zachary came out and I've read way too many silly jokes about Spock being gay just because of that, it isn't even funny.
    Straight actors play gay characters all the time and yet no one tells them that they can't do that because they aren't really gay. Why it should be any different for gay actors is beyond me.
    If these people wouldn't able to act and pretend to be who they aren't then they wouldn't be called actors.
    Have you ever watched How I met your mother?
    Neil Patrick Harris is gay in real life but he still plays the character of Barney Stinson convincingly. Barney is a womanizer, it's like the foundation of his character.
    Zachary Quinto had already played het characters before. Granted, Sylar was a psychopath but he had some love interests in the show and he played it pretty well.
    Sexual orientation aside, it's pretty obvious that both Sylar and Spock are his very opposite but he still played them.

beside, everyone knows that he's bisex for Zoey :p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

.. or really this straight woman would go gay for Zoe. No kidding. I find her that pretty.

jokes aside (not really, I'd really go gay for her) they have chemistry and are cute together on and off screen
    but even if they hated each other (it can happen. It happened to more iconic fictional pairs than you can imagine) it still wouldn't matter when they play the fictional characters.
    I think that the biggest challenge for Zachary is to play a character that is apparently emotionless.

7. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

Yeah, I don't know how the actors' personal sexuality even became a part of this discussion, a discussion about liking the Spock/Uhura characters together (or not), but I think it would be best if we all just focus on the quality of the writing, execution of the writing, and the merits of the performances made by the actors on-screen. That's just me, though.

8. Spock/Uhura Fan

I like pictures, so I'll add to some of the nice pictures they've taken together (as friends). :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

This sounds like science fiction. One being? Does it glow?

10. Greg Cox

Depends on whether you're talking one male, one female, and one V'ger . . . .

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  11. teacake

Greg dear, that is 3.

:lol:

12. Greg Cox

Never let math get in the way of a happy ending . . . .

13. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

gosh.......you need a man and a woman to create 1 being. you know the phrase women use to the father of their child during divorce.

hey...the child is 50% yours and 50% mine

14. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Zoe is so gorgeous.

15. teacake

In the top left photo you posted CC she has the face of a Barbie doll.

That's what incredible eyebrow shaping and makeup will do for you (as well as being gorgeous).

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  16. Spock/Uhura Fan

I agree, CorporealClegg. Thank you. :)

------

teacake, it looks like your Janeway's gone though some changes... Very interesting.

17. teacake

Yes indeed. Defacement's not just for Christmas any more.

18. Spock/Uhura Fan

Well alright. :)

19. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh god, the urn is now the penis rock!!!:eek:

20. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Zachary is hot, his Spock is sexy as hell and he wasn't even trying. Spock FTW in every.version.
    But Zoe stole my attention a bit.
    [​IMG]
    I can't even...

If you listen to the commentary it seems that JJ has a crush on her :lol:
    here's his commentary of this part (I found online in a transcript):
    "Watch Zoe's eyes right here. There are two things in particular that blow my mind about her in this movie. Right here. That little thing she does right there, -it just says so much to me. -It says she loves him. And you just see there's a whole inner life going on. I mean, she's amazing."

(on the other hand, everyone knows that Damon Lindeloff is secretly in love with Chris Pine ;) )