Doctor Who: The Figure Thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by The, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sorry! :lol:

2. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Was at a con over the weekend and picked up an Eleven figure for $15.

So thats two now. :(

The obscurity of some of the figures is amazing though. A Planet of Fire Master, and a post-regen Davison wearing Tom Bakers costume. :confused:

3. Classic Fan

Classic Fan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ok, finally i have a computer to do this with, properly.

First off, i have other Who figures/daleks etc inc: six, seven and two, but theyre still in boxes in the loft cavity waiting to get a home. Also, i have on order an Eternal and a Strategist Dalek, an Eleven with fez and mop and an Amy.

We've been in this house for approx 6 months now, so all i have is a limited area in the loft room at the moment to put all my man things. At the mo theyre all on a small divide next to the stair case.

So, here goes.

The Eleventh Crash set with FCT:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^ I love the peeking around the door setup, thats the usual pose on the shelf.

[​IMG]
    Four and Five, a cheeky Stromtrooper and a spare head.

[​IMG]
    Nine, three Tens and a Peggster.

[​IMG]
    Line up one

[​IMG]
    Line up two

[​IMG]
    Davros and one of approx 6 Daleks.

[​IMG]
    The Sonics.

And finally, for the moment anyway, my Darth Vader helmet and part of last years halloween costume, a fez and a mop. I didnt go as Vader with mop and fez though, i have a tweed jacket in the wardrobe. Got some pics of the night somehere.

[​IMG]

My loft room is like a kids bedroom. Wouldnt think i was 27. Great part is, my missus doesnt go up there, so im quids in. She had the houise i got the man cave upstairs.

4. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

^

How do ya have approximately six Daleks?

:confused:

5. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

Nice pics Classic Fan. And a "man cave" in the loft is always nice to have.

We moved into a four bedroom house back at the end of August. One bedroom is our bedroom. One is her office (which presently serves duty as a giant closet... as if the walk-in in the master bedroom isn't enough for her), one, in the basement isn't used (thinking of renting to a student) and the other is my office which is where my collection resides.

Mind you, I only have one of each Doctor on display on the top shelf of my computer desk and I have some of my classic Daleks displayed on the bookshelf housing my DW DVDs.

The rest of my collection (which is far larger than I'd intended) is in rubber storage bins (bins because though most are opened, I kept the packaging for some reason), out of sight. The less my girlfriend sees of my geek side, the happier she is. :D

6. Classic Fan

Classic Fan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, i cant actually remember as they have been, as Josan has said, plastic storage bins since we moved, and i cant recall how many i may actually have, i know its between 6 and 9 or something, so i said six to be safe. Some new, some classic.

nooo! Youre a package keeper too. :p

I have mine in the loft cavity, dunno why i keep em either. And, as you said, most of the rest is in one of them, i just havnt searched through all of them to find them. Theyre there somewhere, the ones in the pics were in the top of another box.

7. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

No lie, my Ninth/Tenth Doctor Flight Control TARDIS started malfunctioning after a lightning storm last week. Can't explain it--it's definitely not due to poor batteries or me damaging it--but now I know how the Doctor feels when he can't get the TARDIS to do what he wants it to do.
    :lol:

8. Winterwind

That is... well, that's weird. And cool. What else could it be except that perhaps your FC Tardis is actually a REAL Tardis that's been shrunken in size. If only you could either restore it to full size or shrink yourself. ;)

9. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

First a Resurrection set, then a Revelation set. Now there's two more Dalek story sets on the way!

Destiny of the Daleks:
    [​IMG]

Genesis of the Daleks:
    [​IMG]

Now the only Classic Davros serial left is Remembrance of the Daleks. If such a set gets made, 7th Doctor and Davros variants are a given. The Special Weapons Dalek would be an obvious choice for one of the Daleks.

10. Winterwind

There's already a Remembrance of the Daleks set. It, along with the Revenge of the Cybermen set, were released in the UK only. The Remembrance set was four Daleks, including the Special Weapons Dalek.

As for these... I've skipped the Resurrection and Revelation sets. I already have quite a few Daleks. I'll be skipping these. They're just repaints, of the Daleks, and the Fourth Doctor. And I've got three or four variants of Tom already. But I'm wondering if there's a lighting/colouring issue with the Destiny set. Tom's jacket should be grey, not green. Unless the colour on my DVD is distorted. ;)

They're nice, but for me, not worth getting. And I wouldn't need 4 variants of a classic Davros either.

My interest in the figures has been waning. It may just be because the classic releases have all be variants/repaints lately.

11. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Forgot about that. But I was talking about a set similar to the other ones, with a Doctor and a Davros.

ETA: Time Warrior Set

[​IMG]

Yay for repaints! :lol:

12. Winterwind

Indeed. Yay repaints. Seriously, how many variants of the Third and Fourth Doctors are there now. Just sell the frigging new figures separately. I'd actually buy just the Sontaran and the pod ship as a two-piece set. It's the inclusion of the Doctors that are stopping me.

I have no need for them. The only other friend I have locally that collects the figures has all the Doctors he wants. I could sell them on Ebay I suppose but it's just easy to avoid buying the set all together than trying to sell pieces of it I don't want or have no room for.

13. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Booo...Tom had stopped wearing his scarf like that (tightly around his neck) by this point in the program--but more than that, no Romana in her similar outfit?

I had such high hopes for a Destiny of the Daleks pack...

14. All-Seeing I

All-Seeing I Commander Red Shirt

No Nyder, or even a Sarah Jane in combat fatigues for the "Genesis" set? 2 grey Daleks instead, one of which was already issued as part of the 1st Dalek collector set.

And while the Tom and Davros variants (love that info-globe on Davros's chair!) in the "Destiny" set are nice, but seriously, no suicide Dalek? No Movellan? Or as someone said, no Romana in her pink version of the Doc's outfit?

And I wish CO would start releasing single figure monsters again, like they did last year! I had to buy my Styre the Sontaran from Hong Kong via eBay, because I didn't want another Tom variant or a great big Sontaran golf ball ship.

15. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

The cynic in me wonders whether they are releasing the Genesis set last, as it's the one people want the most (the "definitive" Davros). If it were released first, people perhaps would resist purchasing the rest.

Seems like all the fans want companions rather than more Daleks. I thought after the Peri figure they might do more.

16. dormouse

dormouse Ensign Red Shirt

If I can't get a Zoe figure wearing Dulcian garb I'll boycott the entire range :nyah:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  17. Winterwind

And all the Genesis set is is yet another Fourth Doctor variant, yet another Davros variant and... ooooh... wait for it... yet another repaint of the same Dalek. No Harry or Sarah. No Nyder. Really, nothing worth getting unless you're a completest.

I'm glad actually because it makes it wonderfully easy for me to resist buying.

18. Winterwind

Earlier in this thread, I blamed Worf's getting a White Supreme Dalek for my ordering one. I also got the Blue Strategist (damn you Worf!!!)

So, anyhow... yeah, here are some pics of my three nuDaleks. I don't like yellow or orange so I think it's safe to say I'll not be getting them. Oh, and there's a pic of the SDCC Assault Dalek released a few years back that was my favourite colour job on all the RTD era Dalek toys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Nice lighting on those, Josan! The first one looks like it could almost be a frame grab from an episode! :bolian:

20. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

agreed, good photos