Star Trek Voyager 's 20th Anniv

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by JanewayRulz!, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

How the booby lady was going to save the ship with her boobies every week?

Mulgrew had every right to be on a warpath if Berman was coming for her boobies next.

(Please note the use of irony.)

2. stardream

stardream Commodore Commodore

I do. ;)

3. Janeway7trulv

Janeway7trulv Commander Red Shirt

Pulling the subject back to the topic at hand, which is Star Trek Voyager 20th Anniversary .

The Mulgrew Vs Ryan thing SHOULD be a thing of the past and i sense that some people feel to rehash what happened in the past to create a new drama.

The whole idea of the Anniversary was a turn of a new Chapter and creating a new future -by gones be by gones. We all are not perfect and we all have been guilty at one point or another in our lives of doing things that we regret.Ryan is married with a guy she loves and has child with . Mulgrew is happy over in NY , So what is the purpose of digging up old dirt?. I don't get it or am i missing something here?..If anything the J/7s should be pissed because we wanted them to live happy ever after together;). Despite whats been said over the years between them , I do not think both Mulgrew and Ryan was really happy with not being able to be in the same room with each other . It was evident in this reunion , they loved being together

Yes, Mulgrew is not an angel(She TRULY IS NOT) and by GOD NEITHER is Ryan. I resent the fact people insist of painting Ryan as whiter than white and can do no wrong. What you see isn't what isn't always what is appears to be.:p

Suffice to say , i am immensely appreciative of the fact that Mulgrew and Ryan has put their differences aside for this special day and embraced every moment they have with each other. Like Mulgrew eloquently put it " She may never have the opportunity again". I take my hat off to Mulgrew , for having the balls to be in the same room and make her physical apologies to Ryan be known

I had the opportunity today to watch the reunion in its full entirety on YT and there is evidence -by the way they were so comfortable with each other that some of the turmoil that boiled between them has now transcended into mutual loving respect .

You just have to look at Ryan's eyes when she looks at Mulgrew their is still care there.She beams in full support of Mulgrew when the audience erupted when Mulgrew received her "well deserved" applause at the beginning.

Despite my personal feelings for Mulgrew character ( when it comes to certain views). I think she is an incredibly funny ,a worldly educated, articulate has an impeccable comedic timing . I always find myself keeling over every time she throws out one of her one liners. She is at her best when she is fun and not negative or vindictive. God knows it must have taken a lot for her to be sweet for long periods of time ;). I think Ryan will have been childish if she chose to dwell on the negative things that happened between them. It was a celebration after all. People didn't pay stupid amounts of dollars to see a cat fight

I love their interactions between one another - a playful side which should of been the tone they should have adopted back in the Voyager days . They certainly in turned with one another . Sure for me there should of been more PDA;) and i thought Ryan should have at least given a rub or two of support to Mulgrew after her speech,but hey , i have to put it down to having found each other again , it will only be a matter of time. Maybe they both feel uncomfortable with displaying huge amounts of affection towards one another - with them being in r/ships etc .. Saying that i love the body language they gave when a woman asked about the fanfictions ;)

I hope they will manage to steal a few moments in their new lives to stay in touch . Im not sure that will happen :wtf:, but it will be nice . They have the potential to be dear friends. I think they should take a piece of each other which they consider to be special and make that be the incentive they need to continue to have that connection - no matter how small..

Ethan Philips , i absolutely adore him. He is just such a bright sparkle to any situation . I can imagine him being such a joy to work with.

All in all..Examples of Nimoy /Shatner relationship should be taken . They manage to turn things around -given Shatners ego , that in itself is a triumphant .

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  4. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know how I missed this...

...But its here now. Thanks to Totally Kate's web mistress.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  5. JanewayRulz!

I finally finished this vid and she has a lot of the panel but at least some questions were missed, like when Ethan Phillips claimed Neelix was in love with Janeway and both Jeri and Roxann expressed disbelief claiming they thought he loved them.

And the ending is, like the finale, truncated. I hardly think they left it on Jeri talking about Phillips' perseverance in the face of all that makeup/latex.

Over all, its a good vid with great audio and picture, unlike most shaky phone recordings.

I'm not expecting a "part 2" since several others have asked her about that in the comment section and she keeps misinterpreting the question to think they are asking about the panel with Voyager guest stars.

6. Janeway7trulv

Janeway7trulv Commander Red Shirt

Oh Ryan meant she thought he loved them????:O..I thought Ryan said she thought 7 had a crush on the Captain???.. Oh my bad :

I do like that way she was kinda flirting with Mulgrew tho ;-) . Mulgrew did seem pretty controlled throughout(which is unlike her) when Jeri was doing all that subtle flirting , which was soo cute. I never cared much for Ryan, but i do like the way she was teasing Mulgrew , the way she did. It was soo fun:lol:. I thought she could have played up to it a little more tho.. Then again, that would be uncomfortable for Mulgrew given her views and being reunited for so many years of feuding. I sincerely hope they can one day reach a place when they can both feel comfortable enough to have those kinds of flirts. It would be so hiralous - to say he least

There was one part when Mulgrew went off on a tangent about having secrets. I was just waiting for Ryan to say" Honey, Are you trying to " out" us? ":guffaw::guffaw:. Now THAT would have been a classic:techman:

Oh and i love that winning question an audience member asked Mulgrew about if their was two Captain Janeway's ,which one would 7 go with. I thought that guy was a genius:techman:. I loved the casts reaction to that . I thought Ryan could have played up to that a little more. Maybe a subtle "wink" wouldnt go a miss;). I was kinda disappointed that Mulgrew chose not to address the question in full ,but the comment she made about Ethan having written it was funny :)

I absolutely enjoyed the video and their interactions together Oh and that sweet Ethan . There can never be a party without this man:techman:

It was such a horrendous joy to watch and see all the pictures of Mulgrew/Ryan.It certainly made my month. I can tell you that :)

I sincerely hope they will be more in years to come and may be a film or a magazine deal of the reunion of their friendship. That would be well cool:techman:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  7. Mareika

Mareika Captain Captain

This is such a fun panel. I enjoyed it a lot. This cast is wonderful and every one can see that they like each other. Thank you for posting it.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  8. Mareika

Mareika Captain Captain

9. Mareika

Mareika Captain Captain

Bumping up. ;) Just watched it again and it was a joy.

10. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm rewatching VOY atm. I'm on season 4 which used to be a favorite of mine.. and I'm looking at these well worn eps and thinking "these are BETTER THAN I REMEMBER" and that's as a lover. Go VOY!

11. Thomas Eugene

Thomas Eugene Commodore Commodore

A little contribution from me. I hope you like it:

[​IMG]

Lynx likes this.
  12. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have a question - yes yet another one! ;) -.
    ST: Voyager is 20 years old. Each of 10 actors/actresses composing the cast pursued his/her carrier with more or less of success but several times in the year, they meet (except Jennifer Lien who seems to have been totally put aside to my biggest regret -> she performed Kes during 3 years and as such, she so much has the right to be present than Jeri Ryan!) in conventions for most great pleasure of their fans. Generally, everybody seems to spend a good time (Mulgrew, Picardo and Ryan are the favourite guests).
    My question is the following one: why neither producer (Brennan, Taylor and Braga) or writers attend these conventions?
    They participated to the adventure of Voyager as much as the actors and maybe even moreas seeing that they created all characters and backgrounds.
    Is it a lack of courage? They are so ashamed of what they made? And then, in the worst case, they can always say that they wanted to make such thing but that UPN opposed each of their ideas... even if it was wrong! :whistle:

13. JanewayRulz!

The first con I attended in Burbank 2000 (between season 6&7) had Brannon Braga as a guest. The audience was about 3000 and he did quite well.

I think the producers, once the show has ended, are busy pushing their next show. Braga likely would go to a fantasy con to promote Salem at this point in his career, than return to Voyager or Enterprise.

As for Jen... she was at the 2nd con I ever attended, 2001 in Cleveland. Years later Richard Arnold, self proclaimed Trek archivist, explained how painfully shy Jen was. Going to such cons would be as much fun for an introvert as we would have, going to the dentist for a root canal.

14. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oh my bad, sorry! :)

15. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Just started S3 on my rewatch and I agree. Outside of a very few so-so episodes, I'm enjoying the show again. I've seen TNG a million times over thanks to BBCA and my blu-rays, but haven't gotten any of the other series', even on DVD.

It might have been the very first showing since I've watched VOY.